• 88 results
#51 Posted by WarBlade539 (4578 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: I loved it when Captain Atom kicked Superman's a$$ in Injustice though. It was glorious.

#52 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@erik said:

@frozen: Strong enough that Superman can't beat him alone. I have always been fond of Black Adam as being the wild card character that would lay waste to most of DC if he wanted to.

To my knowledge, Superman and Black Adam have never really had a fight in canon. There was a brief moment in pre-Flashpoint canon and Adam was taking his punches without too much trouble, while Superman was angry.

Have you read WW3? He was basically laying waste to the DC heroes in that story arc.

I did read WW3. That's exactly what I'm talking about. He was crushing everyone that he fought. Total badass.

#53 Edited by YodaPrime (835 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Black Adam should be Captain Marvel without morals. They should be equals, more or less.

Basically, around Superman level.

this

#54 Edited by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: I loved it when Captain Atom kicked Superman's a$$ in Injustice though. It was glorious.

Definitely.

@erik said:

@frozen said:

@erik said:

@frozen: Strong enough that Superman can't beat him alone. I have always been fond of Black Adam as being the wild card character that would lay waste to most of DC if he wanted to.

To my knowledge, Superman and Black Adam have never really had a fight in canon. There was a brief moment in pre-Flashpoint canon and Adam was taking his punches without too much trouble, while Superman was angry.

Have you read WW3? He was basically laying waste to the DC heroes in that story arc.

I did read WW3. That's exactly what I'm talking about. He was crushing everyone that he fought. Total badass.

Hopefully he can return to those levels. That is the Adam that DC needs more of. A bloodlusted Black Adam is always a good read.

#55 Edited by Hyperlight (5822 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I know he didn't die, but that's not the point to me. If he did all that to go into hiding that's cool but if h was scared off or put into submission by heat vision that's insulting to the character

#56 Posted by WarBlade539 (4578 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I know he didn't die, but that's not the point to me. If he did all that to go into hiding that's cool but if h was scared off or put into submission by heat vision that's insulting to the character

Point. He should have just 'mindraped' WW and Supes.
On the other hand, that beating Captain Atom gave Superman, was incredible. Loved it.

#57 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

Powerful enough to be able to beat either Superman or Billy.

#58 Posted by DarthAznable (6952 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus level.

#59 Posted by theamazingbatman (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

a little above silver surfer level

#60 Edited by Skit (2534 posts) - - Show Bio

To the point Superman doesn't have to hold back, though not quite bloodlusted level.

#61 Posted by Hyperlight (5822 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. I've always found Superman beating a god rather silly.

#64 Posted by MonsterStomp (17915 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Edited by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: He's an alien from a dead planet. The gods would slaughter the kryptonians.

#66 Posted by MonsterStomp (17915 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: So Thor should be above Superman simply because of the title of a God?

#67 Edited by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Nah, Black Adam has the powers of individual Egyptian gods.

#68 Edited by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like him to be at a level that he can always beat Supes 1v1 but not so easily like Helspont did. Both Adam and Shazam have a power source that's much more potent than the physiology of any kryptonian. Adam and Shazam are (or should be) equals, the only thing seperating them is the fact that Adam is mostly morals off, AND he has better knowledge and control of his powers and strength which puts him above Shazam.

Just wondering, have they devled into how New 52 Superman is with Magic?

#69 Edited by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_winchester: New-52 Superman tanked a huge magical attack however it knocked him out and nearly killed him, he then says ''oh, it's magic'' and collapses. New-52 Shazam knocked him off his feet with a magically amplified punch, New-52 Kara was hurt by magic and it was stated that it was one of the few things that hurt her.

#70 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

Over 9000.

#71 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: I see, cool. In which case Adam should definatley be able to handle Supes if they bang it out.

#72 Posted by marvelman27 (190 posts) - - Show Bio

adam and shazam need to both be a league ahead of supes

#73 Posted by comicace3 (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

He needs to be able to manhandle Superman. Black Adam and Batson both need to be a league ahead of Superman. Both of their lightning bolts in the past were powered by skyfathers. They should be ahead of some solar powered alien.

@frozen said:

@hart7668 said:

It's baffling my mind that people think a solar powered mortal should be more powerful than beings who get their powers from the gods and fueled by kings of gods.

This. I accept Superman as an exception, gods > kryptonians. Period. They are empowered by the gods, and should be more powerful than aliens in my honest opinion. That is why I thought it made sense in Justice when Superman told Billy only he could catch Flash, as he had the speed of a god while Superman had the speed of an alien.

@bruxae said:

Pretty much what you implied, strong enough to take on Supes and Shazam together on a normal day. But not much more then that.

All this

#74 Posted by MonsterStomp (17915 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

I just think Captain Marvel should be a little above Black Adam/Superman.

#75 Edited by ProfZ (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam and Captain Marvel should be a half step to an entire step above an un-sundipped Superman. If Supes were to dip for awhile though, he should have more temporary power than these two individually.

#76 Posted by ChildoftheAtom (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh powerlevels... Just make the fight look cool. Make billy work for the win

#77 Posted by Accept (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Black Adam should be Captain Marvel without morals. They should be equals, more or less.

Basically, around Superman level.

this

#78 Posted by Joygirl (19933 posts) - - Show Bio

One solid notch above Superman.

#79 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6171 posts) - - Show Bio

enough to give sundipped superman a really hard time

This. He should be able to take on a non holding back Superman and Marvel at the same time imo

#80 Edited by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

Why? Just curious on your thoughts on Captain Marvel.

I've always found Adam to be > Superman based on feats IMHO.

#81 Edited by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

One solid notch above Superman.

Interesting. I think he is above Superman; others may disagree.

#82 Posted by Joygirl (19933 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: He was, but doesn't seem to be anymore.

#83 Posted by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: What do you mean? In regards to the New-52, Adam did better in his rematch with Ultraman. But the Earth 3 Shazam is supposedly uberpowerful. He supposedly nearly ripped apart the Crime Syndicate and Ultraman fears him.

#84 Edited by Joygirl (19933 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Didn't see the rematch. Still, I don't think it stacks up to WW3's craziness or soloing the JSA before that.

#85 Edited by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@frozen: Didn't see the rematch. Still, I don't think it stacks up to WW3's craziness or soloing the JSA before that.

Most of it was off-panel (when the scene cuts to Ultraman seeing the Earth 3 Shazam, his face is bloodied), Johns stated Ultraman's immunity to magic was a factor, in the rematch he wasn't snorting kryptonite. I'm interested in the next issue of Forever Evil.

On a side note, now that a Shazam movie has been announced, I believe Dwayne Johnson is Black Adam.

#86 Edited by Joygirl (19933 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Excellent. I really want to see him as Adam. I just hope he tries to do the voice rather than just using a normal one. I'd love to see a badass Rock drift down to earth, fold his arms, and go "I have returned."

#87 Posted by Dernman (15086 posts) - - Show Bio

Just below Superman equal to Shazam but more ruthless.

#88 Posted by Frozen (13220 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: He needs the voice, he'd be a complete badass, given that Adam is the most badass character in DC. If they were to do his character, I'm curious on the origin, in the New-52 he's a slave now and not a prince.

#89 Posted by DaseanComerWCR (888 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by MonsterStomp (17915 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

@frozen said:

Why? Just curious on your thoughts on Captain Marvel.

I've always found Adam to be > Superman based on feats IMHO.

Captain Marvel doesn't get a lot of love. He should be at least equal to or above Adam for the sheer fact that he is the superhero of the two. Adam's morals make him a formidable villain.