• 89 results
#1 Posted by Frozen (16086 posts) - - Show Bio

He has barely appeared in the New-52. Sub par against Ultraman (he relied on magic far too much) but great against the Shazam kids.

The question remains; how powerful do you want Black Adam to be in the New-52?

Personally, I've always thought this level of power was suitable:

#2 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much what you implied, strong enough to take on Supes and Shazam together on a normal day. But not much more then that.

#3 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs to be able to manhandle Superman. Black Adam and Batson both need to be a league ahead of Superman. Both of their lightning bolts in the past were powered by skyfathers. They should be ahead of some solar powered alien.

#4 Posted by reaverlation (17047 posts) - - Show Bio

On Superman's level

#5 Edited by Experio (17120 posts) - - Show Bio

At-least being able to give Ultraman a fight.

#6 Posted by JetiiMitra (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

An uncut Shazam (or Superman). Not necessarily more powerful but completely willing to use more of his power than they do. Ruthless and skilled enough to fight both at once.

#7 Edited by SOG7dc (8014 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be strong and powerful enough that billy should have to out wise him with magic to win and superman should have to sun bathe to win

#8 Edited by JediXMan (31265 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam should be Captain Marvel without morals. They should be equals, more or less.

Basically, around Superman level.

#9 Posted by AllStarHit-Girl (574 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam should be above Normal superman, but below Pissed Off Not Holding Back Superman. Shazam should be less then both.

#10 Posted by Jphu8414 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost Superman level power is how I always envisioned Black Adam to be.

#11 Posted by patrat18 (10832 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

He did during the second fight.

#12 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

enough to give sundipped superman a really hard time

#13 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4790 posts) - - Show Bio

live up to his name, the power of the living lightning.

and he should be below superman but on par with billy, though the only way he should win against superman is by exploiting his weakness to magic, casting spells and such

#14 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Him and billy should be above superman they feel depowered to me

#15 Posted by Frozen (16086 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@experio said:

He did during the second fight.

When was this?

#16 Posted by Frozen (16086 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Black Adam should be Captain Marvel without morals. They should be equals, more or less.

Basically, around Superman level.

What do you think of the Adam that can fight both Superman and Captain Marvel at the same time (PC Adam)? PC Adam also swatted away PC Supergirl like a fly.

#17 Posted by Al_capOWN (538 posts) - - Show Bio

Love black adam

#18 Edited by Hyperlight (6562 posts) - - Show Bio

being much older with the power of the gods and magics of old... he should be physically more powerful and experienced than superman. superman shouldn't be able to beat him without help, prep, or a sun dip. Billy shouldn't even be able to win against BA.... he's the 12 year old version with a far less understanding of his own power

#19 Posted by PapiNacho (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

About as powerful as Wonder Woman.

#20 Posted by Ostyo (9655 posts) - - Show Bio

Powerful enough to take his beatings from Billy like a man.

#21 Posted by WarBlade539 (4752 posts) - - Show Bio

being much older with the power of the gods and magics of old... he should be physically more powerful and experienced than superman. superman shouldn't be able to beat him without help, prep, or a sun dip. Billy shouldn't even be able to win against BA.... he's the 12 year old version with a far less understanding of his own power

Agree completely. It pains me whenever I see that 'DC Universe Online' Cinematic trailer. Superman shouldn't be able to do that on his best day.

#22 Posted by Brolytard1337 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight said:

Agree completely. It pains me whenever I see that 'DC Universe Online' Cinematic trailer. Superman shouldn't be able to do that on his best day.

Dude...you said exactly what I was thinking. That trailer was complete BS.

#23 Posted by MonsterStomp (20256 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough to make Superman work for it.

#24 Edited by Hyperlight (6562 posts) - - Show Bio

@brolytard1337:

yeah they punked Black Adam big time in that trailer

@darkazrael999 they was a great trailer but like I said before they punked BA. I could see if supes sun dipped but he was just floating next to it lol

#25 Posted by WarBlade539 (4752 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999 said:

@hyperlight said:

Dude...you said exactly what I was thinking. That trailer was complete BS.

QFT!
Do you realize that's how Superman killed Captain Marvel in the Injustice game too? Heat-Vision through the eyes. Complete and utter BS, man.

#26 Edited by Brolytard1337 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I know. Superman is pretty powerful, but he couldn't do anything like that on his best day without sun dipping.

#27 Posted by Saren (25055 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

This. It takes strength to maintain a stiff upper lip when a magical man-child is smearing your face across the walls.

#28 Posted by Hyperlight (6562 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: that was one of two moments that really stuck out in that game. how does he take down his physical equal with heat vision? I thought that was just insulting to CM. Martian Manhaunter went down the same way in the comic

#29 Posted by WarBlade539 (4752 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: that was one of two moments that really stuck out in that game. how does he take down his physical equal with heat vision? I thought that was just insulting to CM. Martian Manhaunter went down the same way in the comic

Yeah. But MM survived, as revealed in the game. In his ending.

#30 Edited by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

He should require two high-level members of the Justice League, preferably Superman and Shazam, but any two from Superman, Shazam, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, etc. should be about right.

#31 Edited by Dernman (15632 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be equal to Captain Marvel. Just below or somewhat equal to Superman.

#32 Posted by Hyperlight (6562 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I know, I feel like something such as heat vision wouldn't intimidate Martian Manhunter

#33 Edited by XiiX (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

Slightly stronger than Superman at least, twice as strong as him at most.

#34 Posted by XLR87T3 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Powerful enough to look like an actual Egyptian. Powerful enough that people will stop comparing him to Superman as if Captain Marvel is some side-kick and not the main hero that will be fighting him. :P

#35 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5656 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to make Superman go all out to beat him decisively.

#36 Posted by XLR87T3 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: Good thing Black Adam is going to be fighting Captain Marvel most of the time.

#37 Posted by ZeroPlus (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

As powerful as he is.

#38 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

It's baffling my mind that people think a solar powered mortal should be more powerful than beings who get their powers from the gods and fueled by kings of gods.

#39 Edited by phantom1527 (419 posts) - - Show Bio

It should require a very pissed off duo of Batson and Superman to put him down. Too much power, magic and experience to be taken by either Batson or Superman alone

#40 Edited by Frozen (16086 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

@ostyo said:

This. It takes strength to maintain a stiff upper lip when a magical man-child is smearing your face across the walls.

Billy can be formidable when he gets a good writer.

#41 Edited by Frozen (16086 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

It's baffling my mind that people think a solar powered mortal should be more powerful than beings who get their powers from the gods and fueled by kings of gods.

This. I accept Superman as an exception, gods > kryptonians. Period. They are empowered by the gods, and should be more powerful than aliens in my honest opinion. That is why I thought it made sense in Justice when Superman told Billy only he could catch Flash, as he had the speed of a god while Superman had the speed of an alien.

#42 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

More powerful than Superman.

#44 Posted by Frozen (16086 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhunter died the dumbest death. Everyone in the Reigime universe jobbed. That is why the alternate Superman easily defeated the Injustice version.

#45 Posted by WarBlade539 (4752 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@hyperlight said:

Manhunter died the dumbest death. Everyone in the Reigime universe jobbed. That is why the alternate Superman easily defeated the Injustice version.

He didn't die, as revealed by his ending. Aquaman's Chief Adviser, keep forgetting his name, was actually MM in disguise.

#46 Posted by Frozen (16086 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

More powerful than Superman.

I'm glad we agree. How much more powerful?

@frozen said:

@hyperlight said:

He didn't die, as revealed by his ending. Aquaman's Chief Adviser, keep forgetting his name, was actually MM in disguise.

Thanks.

#47 Posted by Jayc1324 (13371 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be above Shazam who should be equal to superman

#48 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10233 posts) - - Show Bio

Stong as TOAA.

#49 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Strong enough that Superman can't beat him alone. I have always been fond of Black Adam as being the wild card character that would lay waste to most of DC if he wanted to.

#50 Edited by Frozen (16086 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

@frozen: Strong enough that Superman can't beat him alone. I have always been fond of Black Adam as being the wild card character that would lay waste to most of DC if he wanted to.

To my knowledge, Superman and Black Adam have never really had a fight in canon. There was a brief moment in pre-Flashpoint canon and Adam was taking his punches without too much trouble, while Superman was angry.

Have you read WW3? He was basically laying waste to the DC heroes in that story arc.