How powerful are featless abstracts?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I mean abstracts like lord chaos and master hate, not Eternity and Death. I can't quite figure out their power levels. This can apply to any other relatively featless cosmic beings people are curious about, like the infinites, cyttorak, god thing and source. How powerful are we supposed to assume they are?

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

Depends on power scaling.Without feats we don't know what the character would do in combat situations and thus why it's hard to engage featless characters in debates.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on power scaling.Without feats we don't know what the character would do in combat situations and thus why it's hard to engage featless characters in debates.

Thats why I'm curious. Keep in mind, some beings have statements and implications(Infinites and god thing for instance) but lack the feats to compare them to other cosmic beings.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@highaccuser: I look at it this way. Authority is everything when it comes to abstracts ( for the most part). If the abstract is the personification of a concept greater than other elements or ideas than he has more power. for example lord chaos and master order have absolute control over there domains and as well as anything connected to it. they can change whatever they want in there specific dimensions and lower ones as well. However, eternity/Infinity, which is the personification of life and space/time would have control over order and chaos. He IS the universe, so he would have absolute control over anything that is a part of him. this is only nullified when an abstract(s) of equal importance or raw ideas are present. In the case of marvel comics, death and oblivion are at similar levels of power. thus they can challenge eternity/infinity's power. TOAA gave the living tribunal jurisdiction over all of the multiverse, and thus, there is no number of abstracts or beings that can challenge the LT under any circumstances because it isn't there place to beat him.

So we can assume that LT is stronger than the sum of the MU and Eternity can only be challenged by any beings lower than him, so on and so forth.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dum529001

@hyperlight said:

@highaccuser: I look at it this way. Authority is everything when it comes to abstracts ( for the most part). If the abstract is the personification of a concept greater than other elements or ideas than he has more power. for example lord chaos and master order have absolute control over there domains and as well as anything connected to it. they can change whatever they want in there specific dimensions and lower ones as well. However, eternity/Infinity, which is the personification of life and space/time would have control over order and chaos. He IS the universe, so he would have absolute control over anything that is a part of him. this is only nullified when an abstract(s) of equal importance or raw ideas are present. In the case of marvel comics, death and oblivion are at similar levels of power. thus they can challenge eternity/infinity's power. TOAA gave the living tribunal jurisdiction over all of the multiverse, and thus, there is no number of abstracts or beings that can challenge the LT under any circumstances because it isn't there place to beat him.

So we can assume that LT is stronger than the sum of the MU and Eternity can only be challenged by any beings lower than him, so on and so forth.

Exactly.

I'm always amazed at questions like this. Questions spawned from lazy thinking.....

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided