How powerful are DBZ characters without powerscaling?

• 186 results
DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathHero61

Here on comicvine powerscaling for dbz is used constantly. It bothers me. So i wanted to know personally how powerful do you think the z fighters are without powerscaling or power levels?

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should really be in Off topic and after the frieza saga its really impossible to tell.

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread makes little sense. Could you elaborate?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mtuske

@deathhero61:

Better than Batman with prep

Better than a fully stretched out Flash

Better than Superman prime 1000000

Better than current Wolverine

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here on comicvine powerscaling for dbz is used constantly. It bothers me. So i wanted to know personally how powerful do you think the z fighters are without powerscaling or power levels?

if the creator admits to having no idea then idk how any fan would be able to get it down to a precise number...

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stupid_People

?

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeepeh

@mtuske said:

@deathhero61:

Maybe, how much prep?

.... stalemate. Flash is too fast but doesn't have the power to hurt them, though he could speedsteal.

............ Seriously?

You don't say? :P

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian:

My understanding of powerscaling is trying to determine a characters power (stregnth, speed, etc.) by comparing them to other characters. For example, Frieza is a confirmed planet buster, and even though we've never seen Goku bust a planet he beat Frieza. Therefore, via powerscaling we can say that Goku is also a planet buster. Powerscaling works based on the mathematical relationship known as transivity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitive_relation

-Uberhikari

ABC Logic is more of a comparison to the character themselves (not necessarily their abilities), but power-scaling revolves around abilities for the most part.

Examples:

• Cell claimed to have enough power to bust the entire solar-system, and Super Saiyan 2 Goku is stronger than Cell so Goku could do so too (Power Scaling).
  • Buu Saga SSJ2 Gohan didn't stand a chance against Majin Buu and was downed by a single blow, yet SSJ3 Goku was handling Buu perfectly fine so therefore Goku would easily beat SSJ2 Gohan (ABC Logic).

Without applying these methods of gauging dbz characters how powerful are they?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Was on the hopper and just throwing something out there. No way Supes gets out of the way of a kameyamaya wave. Goku is able to pull off that move in less than hour at times. :/

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian:

My understanding of powerscaling is trying to determine a characters power (stregnth, speed, etc.) by comparing them to other characters. For example, Frieza is a confirmed planet buster, and even though we've never seen Goku bust a planet he beat Frieza. Therefore, via powerscaling we can say that Goku is also a planet buster. Powerscaling works based on the mathematical relationship known as transivity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitive_relation

-Uberhikari

ABC Logic is more of a comparison to the character themselves (not necessarily their abilities), but power-scaling revolves around abilities for the most part.

Examples:

• Cell claimed to have enough power to bust the entire solar-system, and Super Saiyan 2 Goku is stronger than Cell so Goku could do so too (Power Scaling).
  • Buu Saga SSJ2 Gohan didn't stand a chance against Majin Buu and was downed by a single blow, yet SSJ3 Goku was handling Buu perfectly fine so therefore Goku would easily beat SSJ2 Gohan (ABC Logic).

Without applying these methods of gauging dbz characters how powerful are they?

So, basically, how powerful would they be if they were featless? I'm guessing not very...

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian: The characters have very clear feats its just that with powerscaling they are far and i mean far more powerful than they seem.

luthluth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegito would lose to Master Roshi with out power scaling.

Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without Powerscaling?

None DBZ is above solar system... unless Buu and the gods count.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Depends on which Flash.

Every flash I've ever heard of is at least light speed, and he said fully stretched flash, whatever that means.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian: The characters have very clear feats its just that with powerscaling they are far and i mean far more powerful than they seem.

Powerscaling accurately depicts them, in fact. It's the only way to get a good measurement of their power.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StardustCrusader

So if we only allowed feat the characters have shown themselves and not based off who've they fought or battle. lol Goku wouldn't be over an island buster.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if we only allowed feat the characters have shown themselves and not based off who've they fought or battle. lol Goku wouldn't be over an island buster.

No Caption Provided

This feat begs to differ

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@deathhero61:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Better than Flash... So a DBZ character would survive a billion IMPs? Pffft Please. Let's not go into Superman Prime 1 Million. Tho I don't know if Batman could actually do anything against a DBZ character, even with prep.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano: When has the Flash ever delivered a billion IMPs? Honestly, he had to get a running start to deliver his IMP and it did nothing but leave a crater in the ground. And not an impressive sized crater either. Impressive for a human maybe, but eh.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian: No Flash has never had the need to deliver a billion, that's it. The IMP hits with the strength of a exploding white dwarf star, a DBZ character does not punch with that strength, let alone survived something of that magnitude, be it a billion or be it 1, they stand no chance against an IMP.

Avatar image for alberto_weskardo
Alberto_Weskardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's just say they are powerful enough to destroy a planet with relative ease.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano said:

@the_last_kryptonian: No Flash has never had the need to deliver a billion, that's it. The IMP hits with the strength of a exploding white dwarf star, a DBZ character does not punch with that strength, let alone survived something of that magnitude, be it a billion or be it 1, they stand no chance against an IMP.

Do you have any feats or science to back that theory up?

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slightly weaker than an experienced Green Lantern, weaker than Post Crisis Superman, a s**t ton weaker than a Flash.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kid_Cool

@mtuske said:

@deathhero61:

LOL. So a saiyan is better than a guy who can run at quadrillion times the speed of light, can react at Zepto/Yoctoseconds, can punch with the force of a white dwarf star, and can tank thousands of Superman level Punches?

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Minus fanboy, I mean powerscaling, they are still rather powerful. Higher in strength and punching power than a fresh enraged hulk.
As far as their energy manipulation, which is really what it come down to for them, that's harder to say.

@mtuske said:

@deathhero61:

Prep doesn't equal power. Most characters are more powerful than Bats.

This is stupid.

This is more so than the above.

I don't even understand why this is here.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Well Gohan one shotted Frieza in base form so....Idk.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Lvenger

@lucano: When has the Flash ever delivered a billion IMPs? Honestly, he had to get a running start to deliver his IMP and it did nothing but leave a crater in the ground. And not an impressive sized crater either. Impressive for a human maybe, but eh.

Wally was circling the White Martian Zum so fast that Zum could only perceive Wally as a continuous beam of light. He could have laid into Zum as many times as he wanted.

No Caption Provided

And then there's the fact that Wonder Woman, who's been hit by Superman loads of times, remarks that Zoom's light speed IMP packs more power than Superman's punches. There's enough evidence to rate Superman's striking power as above any DBZ character so that supports the conclusion that speedsters can easily build up enough mass for devestating punches.

No Caption Provided

Nuff said I think.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're planetary level threats IMO.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pope052

@luthluth said:

And thus why power-scaling was brought into debates, because it really doesn't make sense for someone of a higher power to be bested by someone of vastly inferior power but better feats, regardless of the fact that everyone on the roster obtains the same abilities. I myself don't use it debating formally, but I stand by that opinion.

Cell or Super Saiyan 2 Gohan would be the most powerful canon character in Dragon-Ball without the uses of power-scaling, which like I said is ridiculous to believe they could best someone in a power battle such as Super Buu, let alone Vegito.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kid_Cool

The title is also incorrect. It should be "How powerful are DBZ characters without powerscaling".

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DeathHero61
Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Meh? Your thread has little info and the title is just incorrect.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: yeah by one word. is. Thats it. not a big deal, and im pretty sure people know what abc logic is and powerscaling is.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Yeah, but I'm saying you should correct the title.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lucano

@lvenger: Indeed, thank you for proving my points :)

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BoringPerson

@the_last_kryptonian: Kai's planet is the size of an average mountain... God, I've seen people say Kai's planet/earth are stars because the word "gosh I" is colloquial Japanese for both star and planet...

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Easternwind

@pope052 said:

@luthluth said:

And thus why power-scaling was brought into debates, because it really doesn't make sense for someone of a higher power to be bested by someone of vastly inferior power but better feats, regardless of the fact that everyone on the roster obtains the same abilities. I myself don't use it debating formally, but I stand by that opinion.

Cell or Super Saiyan 2 Gohan would be the most powerful canon character in Dragon-Ball without the uses of power-scaling, which like I said is ridiculous to believe they could best someone in a power battle such as Super Buu, let alone Vegito.

this. although cases can be made for other characters, even with power scaling. But yeah vegito is pretty much featless aside from fighting other right?

Although there are definately tons of comic characters who are just as strong.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@the_last_kryptonian said:

Wally was circling the White Martian Zum so fast that Zum could only perceive Wally as a continuous beam of light. He could have laid into Zum as many times as he wanted.

No Caption Provided

And then there's the fact that Wonder Woman, who's been hit by Superman loads of times, remarks that Zoom's light speed IMP packs more power than Superman's punches. There's enough evidence to rate Superman's striking power as above any DBZ character so that supports the conclusion that speedsters can easily build up enough mass for devestating punches.

No Caption Provided

Nuff said I think.

High tier Dragon Ball Z Characters move many times the speed of light. This sort of speed shouldn't be a disadvantage at all. And theoretically, they should be able to replicate the same feat.

the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_kryptonian: Kai's planet is the size of an average mountain... God, I've seen people say Kai's planet/earth are stars because the word "gosh I" is colloquial Japanese for both star and planet...

The size of it means literally nothing. King Kai's planet was stated as being ten times the Gravity of Earth, meaning ten times the mass and density, which would make King Kai's planet far more durable than Earth. And the fact that the airfrom Goku's punch, which was not even intended to hit the planet, caused such a significantly large hole is more than enough evidence that he's far greater than island buster in terms of power. If he'd intended to hit the planet, I have no doubt he could obliterate it completely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@lvenger said:

@the_last_kryptonian said:

No Caption Provided

And then there's the fact that Wonder Woman, who's been hit by Superman loads of times, remarks that Zoom's light speed IMP packs more power than Superman's punches. There's enough evidence to rate Superman's striking power as above any DBZ character so that supports the conclusion that speedsters can easily build up enough mass for devastating punches.

No Caption Provided

Nuff said I think.

High tier Dragon Ball Z Characters move many times the speed of light. This sort of speed shouldn't be a disadvantage at all. And theoretically, they should be able to replicate the same feat.

Wally can move much faster than what was shown here.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jeepeh

@mtuske said:

@jeepeh: Was on the hopper and just throwing something out there. No way Supes gets out of the way of a kameyamaya wave. Goku is able to pull off that move in less than hour at times. :/

Superman was lightspeed and planet level before going in the sun for 15,000 years. Being in the sun for a few minutes makes him capable of effortlessly pushing planets. How fast will he be after coming out of the sun after 15,000 years? Unless the Kamehameha can travel hundreds or thousands of times faster than light, he's not hitting Superman, neither is he hurting him.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: I think he was joking

he said

" he sometimes pulls [the kamehameha] off in less than an hour"

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson said:

The size of it means literally nothing. King Kai's planet was stated as being ten times the Gravity of Earth, meaning ten times the mass and density, which would make King Kai's planet far more durable than Earth. And the fact that the airfrom Goku's punch, which was not even intended to hit the planet, caused such a significantly large hole is more than enough evidence that he's far greater than island buster in terms of power. If he'd intended to hit the planet, I have no doubt he could obliterate it completely.

How come people use this logic for Goku and not for Dangai Ichigo?! I said this (The air thing) about Ichigo and suddenly I'm stupid because "anime attacks travel farther than they should be able to normally, so actually hitting it wouldn't do more". I call bull. T_T

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: I think he was joking

he said

" he sometimes pulls [the kamehameha] off in less than an hour"

I'm not one to understand sarcasm, I'm even worse at acting. :P

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson said:

Jumping in real quick, but higher gravity does not mean higher mass or density; just look at Jupiter compared to Earth. Also, size really does matter, because usually the bigger the planet, the higher the gravity....so King Kai's planet is weird lol. But anyways, all you can really know for certain is that Goku is 10 times heavier on King Kais planet. The density and mass is something we really can't determine....

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Easternwind

@deathhero61

Also if you want to get at me for this .

Without power scaling

Solar System- Energy Proj.

Gohan SSJ2

Cell

Goku

Vegeta*

planet+ level Energy Proj.

Kid Buu

Frieza

Moon+ level Energy Proj.

Roshi

Piccolo

Mountain Busting with EP

Vegeta

and others

Planet Busting With punches.

Goku

ORIGINAL:

Solar System- Energy Proj.

Gohan SSJ2

Cell

Goku

Vegeta*

planet+++ level Energy Proj.

Kid Buu

Planet ++ Level EP

Frieza

Moon++++ level Energy Proj.

Roshi

Piccolo

Mountain Busting

Vegeta*

Planet Busting With punches.

Goku

*- Vegeta can be mountain or solar system buster, depending on a few things.

I will gladly defend any of this.

NO power scaling.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Sarcasm is tough to read on a forum. But I honestly laid that on pretty thick lol

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: I think he could hit him, supes has been hit by weaker characters before right? Not saying goku would win but I think he could hit him if he uses instant transmission.