How physically strong is Blade?

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How strong are the versions of Blade (movie and comics versions)? I really doubt that Blade is as strong as a terminator or Data, or even Robocop. But I'm not really sure. Maybe as strong, or stronger, than the strongest sort of predator? Can anyone help here?

Also, is Robocop physically stronger than Classic Jason? How do the Blades' strength levels compare to Classic Jason's?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's around like 5 tons max

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of lifting strengrh, he's 5-7 tons with great effort. In striking power, he's hurt people like Dracula at times.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, does he have greater or less strength than a terminator or Jason? Or the others?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Strong

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5-10 tonner and he'd stomp Jason and a terminator

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

a few tons

surbernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With comics i would put blade at spiderman lvl strength probably 20 tons at the most at least ive ever seen hes stronger then vamps which i would put at around 10-15.Dracula is a 100+character if he is fighting avengers and silver surfer and dr.strange you gotta respect blade solo

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Classic Jason. I guess I'm curious if movies Blade could beat a terminator, Data, Robocop, etc., in an arm-wrestling contest. "Stomp" implies a fight, but fights take into account other factors, such as speed, agility, etc. This question is just asking what individual is physically stronger.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did Blade become capable of lifting 5 tons or more? Thought he was a 2-tonner at max.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Officially, Blade is ranked in Peak Human Range (max press around 800 lbs.), but I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him strength equivalent to a normal vampire (which in Marvel is around max press 1,000-1,500 lbs.), maybe a little higher. But no more than max press of 1 Ton.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 juiceboks  Moderator

@dwrathborne: Classic Blade was classified as a peak human, his more current feat are well above that level.

I'd say 8-10 tonner more or less. He'd be about as strong as Sabretooth.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

anywhere between 1 and 3 tons..... he should be 3 or 4 times stronger than cap at the least

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: When he did things like rip a vampire's head off with a single hand and lifted the Reaper god, which was roughly the size of a very small house above his head.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gracetrack

@blackwind: I see, I see. Hearing some conflicting reports then.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: If by 'classic' you mean from the 2008-2010 collected handbooks, then perhaps you're correct. The last thing mentioned in his bio was the mass resurrection of vampires, and I don't think he's had many appearances since then.

And unless Sabretooth got an upgrade in the past few years, he's officially listed around a 2 tonner.

Eh, doesn't matter. Not like anybody really pays attention to official character stats and limitations anyway.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: If by 'classic' you mean from the 2008-2010 collected handbooks, then perhaps you're correct. The last thing mentioned in his bio was the mass resurrection of vampires, and I don't think he's had many appearances since then.

And unless Sabretooth got an upgrade in the past few years, he's officially listed around a 2 tonner.

Eh, doesn't matter. Not like anybody really pays attention to official character stats and limitations anyway.

Exactly. They're not accurate or good representations of what the characters are capable of.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Very strong.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: I could argue that the ratings are what they are 'supposed' to be capable of, but I think we both agree that it doesn't matter in the real world. Even though, personally, it does annoy me when character limitations are ignored by storytellers.

Nothing else really to say on the matter, so I'm out.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BlackWind

@omnicrono: The official statements on wikis and guidebooks are usually contradicted by many showings within the stories.

Also, Blade recently mutilated were-scorpions with his bare hands.

SavvyVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an old thread, but I wanted to revive it. Because there still is some speculation about Blades strength.

Here he is breaking chains after being drained of 8 pints of blood by the were-scorpions.

No Caption Provided

Here he is lifting the Reaper Demon. With another scan showing the size difference. Blade took several shots from him, good durability showing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here is Spiderman confirming that Blades punches give him pain.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So overall I’d say Blade is around 7 to 8 tons. Somewhere in that range. Stronger than Cap or Logan, but a little underneath Spiderman.

SavvyVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless someone thinks it's more. Which would be cool.

SavvyVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that’s something that has bothered me. I always felt like Blade vs. Sabretooth was such a good and even match. But in the thread people liken Sabretooth to a moving tank. And Blade is more like Captain America. When really Blade and Sabretooth are physical peers except for healing.

I think Blade vs. Sabretooth is a better match than Blade vs. Wolverine.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Classic Blade didn't have any vampiric abilities. It wasn't until he was bitten by Morbius that he got his strength and speed increase.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has Vampire strength..so hes probably around 5-10 tons.

SavvyVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83:

Youre right.

But the thing is he seems to be stronger than Morbius. Nobody has ever really explained it. But since Morbius was an engineered vampire. Maybe it had a different affect on Blade.

SavvyVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojjimbo:

Yes I would say 5 to 8 maybe 9. But not quite as strong as Spiderman. But I seem to remember something about him becoming stronger if he drinks human blood and not just the serum.

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6-8 ton like most people have said is probably right

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Blade is more or less MCU Super Soldier level when it comes to strength, 616 Blade is around Deathstroke level.

SavvyVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar:

I guess it depends on how strong you think Deathstroke is. But Blade has more raw strength feats than Deathstroke.

SavvyVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: The official statements on wikis and guidebooks are usually contradicted by many showings within the stories.

Also, Blade recently mutilated were-scorpions with his bare hands.

It’s true, handbooks and wiki’s are misleading. And here are the were-scorpion feats. But I’m not sure how strong you have to be to do this.....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided