#1 Posted by yotaman (101 posts) - - Show Bio

what do u say, is it worth to make sure my great-great-grandson will go to college? =]

#2 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

No, the days of collecting comics for money ended a long time ago. They are pumping out too much material and high volumes of it these days for it to be something worth colleccting with that goal.

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubt it'll be worth much.

#4 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't be worth much at all. There's so many copies being printed nowadays. But who knows what could happen over the course of 100 years.

#5 Posted by yotaman (101 posts) - - Show Bio

how do u think it will go if a new character that will appear for the first time in the new 52, be this century Joker/superman/spiderman or wharever new "thing"?

#6 Posted by TheOptimist (681 posts) - - Show Bio

In 100 years, paper will be a legend of the past, the last remnants will hoarded by the elite in underground secret societies as they study secret meaning and power of the Hawk and the Dove, avatars that represent the age before the human body evolved to a more rational structure... furthermore, all forms of contemporary currency will be expunged from existence and value will be found in words themselves... (for future investors, the concept of crying "Shazam!" would be enough to put your great grand-children through college but...) all institutions like colleges or "the high schools" will be abolished for propagating the independent reflection and thought... the hivemind-cybernetic organism known as RASOMORPH (whose acronomyic name explains its one hidden weakness) deems that such things are trivial... all the while, it hordes the last vestiges of great knowledge and culture... Scott Snyder's tale of the Batman and the Court of Owls.

#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

What it's worth now.  

Nothing. 

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

There is literally no way to tell what something will be worth in the future. There are too many variable factors that can't be foreseen. I know people are going to jump in and say they'll be worthless but remember millions of people thought that Action Comics number 1 was worthless at the time it was printed and now you have to be a millionaire to buy a copy. The point is there is no way to know what will or will not be valuable in the future, in the next hundred years a lot could happen paper comics from this era could become a huge fad for rich kids 50 years from now or they could be forgotten in people's attics never to be heard from again.

#9 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

There is literally no way to tell what something will be worth in the future. There are too many variable factors that can't be foreseen. I know people are going to jump in and say they'll be worthless but remember millions of people thought that Action Comics number 1 was worthless at the time it was printed and now you have to be a millionaire to buy a copy. The point is there is no way to know what will or will not be valuable in the future, in the next hundred years a lot could happen paper comics from this era could become a huge fad for rich kids 50 years from now or they could be forgotten in people's attics never to be heard from again.

@TheOptimist said:

In 100 years, paper will be a legend of the past, the last remnants will hoarded by the elite in underground secret societies as they study secret meaning and power of the Hawk and the Dove, avatars that represent the age before the human body evolved to a more rational structure... furthermore, all forms of contemporary currency will be expunged from existence and value will be found in words themselves... (for future investors, the concept of crying "Shazam!" would be enough to put your great grand-children through college but...) all institutions like colleges or "the high schools" will be abolished for propagating the independent reflection and thought... the hivemind-cybernetic organism known as RASOMORPH (whose acronomyic name explains its one hidden weakness) deems that such things are trivial... all the while, it hordes the last vestiges of great knowledge and culture... Scott Snyder's tale of the Batman and the Court of Owls.

This sounds pure fantasy

But in 100 years, books will probably still be used, but new stories would've replaced the new 52

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: what sounds like a fantasy about my statement? I just said there was no way to know whether or not they'll be valuable because we don't know what the circumstances will be 100 years from now

#11 Posted by _slim_ (14229 posts) - - Show Bio

$2.50

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (58356 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

$2.50

Nah, more like

BB

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (15096 posts) - - Show Bio

There are so much copies of it and all of the comic books these days that it won't be worth anything at all.

#14 Posted by _slim_ (14229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: lol

#15 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@Jnr6Lil: what sounds like a fantasy about my statement? I just said there was no way to know whether or not they'll be valuable because we don't know what the circumstances will be 100 years from now

Talking about the Optimist

#16 Posted by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist said:

Damn. I was thinking that was what was going to happen. Now it's confirmed...

#17 Posted by TheOptimist (681 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@joshmightbe said:

Nah, legit. I seen it. It was crazy yo. See the Doctor, he dials me up and off we are through the vortex and its 2112... RASOMORPH manages to detain us thanks to his alliance with the Klin-Jitsu clan of the Ocsilon dimension... he got trapped by the L01D0g5 units, but I was rescued by the secret cult known as the Feldians, worshippers of the Liefeld texts... they shared with me the history of their worlds (you see Mars and Earth became melded as one in the year 2093) and also allowed me to leaf through sacred text #8, the concluding chapter of the Book of the Hawk & Dove. Really, it is gonna be so worth it y'all. Spoilers: Zombie-fied Mace Windu appears. Anyways, we got raided by the robo-squad, RASOMORPH confronts me an starts being like "1101001" and in a last ditch effort I scream out Shazam! And then bam just like that I absorb the multiversal fractor glands that have been latently resting in the omni-ducts and I unravel each moment of the space time continuum and reassemble it to erase all traces of the RASOMORPH overlord. Unfortunately, the trace programming was caught inside the residual patterns of my brain, and like SkyNet my attempt to alter the future created it after all it appears. Sorry y'all.

#18 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

In 100 years, DC, if it's still around, will have rebooted or revamped their franchise at least twice by then so they'll be worth something since it'll tell different origin stories. Wouldn't be worth MUCH, but maybe something.

#19 Posted by feargalr (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

That will be a question for our insect overlords.

#20 Posted by JediXMan (31314 posts) - - Show Bio

Something tells me that anything printed will be worth something in a hundred years.

#21 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
Something tells me that anything printed will be worth something in a hundred years.
#22 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when my friend spent her children's future college tuition on Beanie Babies, as she figured that the cute stuffed animals would end up becoming worth more than the actual money.

Meanwhile, at Goodwill, the future home of Beanie Babies...

#23 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE said:

I remember when my friend spent her children's future college tuition on Beanie Babies, as she figured that the cute stuffed animals would end up becoming worth more than the actual money.

Meanwhile, at Goodwill, the future home of Beanie Babies...

So, no college for that kid I take? 
#24 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Exactly@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

In 100 years, DC, if it's still around, will have rebooted or revamped their franchise at least twice by then so they'll be worth something since it'll tell different origin stories. Wouldn't be worth MUCH, but maybe something.

True@TheOptimist said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@joshmightbe said:

Nah, legit. I seen it. It was crazy yo. See the Doctor, he dials me up and off we are through the vortex and its 2112... RASOMORPH manages to detain us thanks to his alliance with the Klin-Jitsu clan of the Ocsilon dimension... he got trapped by the L01D0g5 units, but I was rescued by the secret cult known as the Feldians, worshippers of the Liefeld texts... they shared with me the history of their worlds (you see Mars and Earth became melded as one in the year 2093) and also allowed me to leaf through sacred text #8, the concluding chapter of the Book of the Hawk & Dove. Really, it is gonna be so worth it y'all. Spoilers: Zombie-fied Mace Windu appears. Anyways, we got raided by the robo-squad, RASOMORPH confronts me an starts being like "1101001" and in a last ditch effort I scream out Shazam! And then bam just like that I absorb the multiversal fractor glands that have been latently resting in the omni-ducts and I unravel each moment of the space time continuum and reassemble it to erase all traces of the RASOMORPH overlord. Unfortunately, the trace programming was caught inside the residual patterns of my brain, and like SkyNet my attempt to alter the future created it after all it appears. Sorry y'all.

Yeah, someone has quite an imagination.

#25 Posted by TheCannon (19464 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that much. In 27 years, when DC reaches their 100th anniversary, they will once again reboot the company, such as with Crisis on Infinite Earths, Zero Hour: Crisis in Time, and now, the New 52. Plus, they'll probably do a few things similar a few times in that 27 year time period.

#26 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing, it'll be free on the internet/whatever communication network we have then.

#27 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Not that much. In 27 years, when DC reaches their 100th anniversary, they will once again reboot the company, such as with Crisis on Infinite Earths, Zero Hour: Crisis in Time, and now, the New 52. Plus, they'll probably do a few things similar a few times in that 27 year time period.

#28 Posted by TheCannon (19464 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did you quote me?

#29 Posted by The Poet (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

I asked this same question back in October and I put in some background information about previous comics which became pricey.

Will any of the New 52 #1 issues become Iconic? (It says "Iconic" but it has more to do with popularity and the price of the comic). I am not saying this should be locked or anything as this deals with issues which were published after the #1 comics, but I would just like to have credit where credit is due...

#30 Posted by The Poet (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Why did you quote me?

Jnr6Lil usually quotes something if he agrees with it (a confusing habit if he doesn't say "^This" or something like that. especially if you're in mid-discussion)

#31 Posted by TheOptimist (681 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@TheCannon said:

Why did you quote me?

Jnr6Lil usually quotes something if he agrees with it (a confusing habit if he doesn't say "^This" or something like that. especially if you're in mid-discussion)

#32 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

The more popular issues will probably go up to around the $10-20 range max. I'm talking Action Comics and Batman #1's. However, the Liefeld issues will actually be worth less than what you paid for them. I'm thinking Hawk & Dove and Static Shock will be valued around "get this crap outta my face before I call the cops".

#33 Posted by Mortacai (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say as long as recycling plants exist they will be worth something.

Also as long as you care about them they are worth something to you.

#34 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

you never know how much printed comics will be worth in 100 years

#35 Posted by batmanary (790 posts) - - Show Bio

They won't be worth much. Remember the whole reason comics in the 40s were worth so much was because massive amounts of them were traded in as scrap for the war effort. Only a few survive, hence why Action Comics #1 is so popular.

#36 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be practically worthless.

#37 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

In 100 years?

$25 for #1's, $20 for 2's, and $15 for everything else.

100 years is a long time.

#38 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@TheCannon said:

Why did you quote me?

#39 Posted by The Poet (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@The Poet said:

@TheCannon said:

Why did you quote me?

You are enjoying this WAY too much...I'm assuming of course.

#40 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@The Poet said:

@TheCannon said:

Why did you quote me?

You are enjoying this WAY too much...I'm assuming of course.

Yes i am