#1 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright Viners I need help

Okay Amazing Spiderman 583. The one with Obama on the cover. 1st print how much is that worth?

Many people is saying it is insanely rare and is worth a lot like 100 dollars or more I believe that but some are saying it is worth not much like only about 20-30 dollars. I would like to clear things up if you have any ideas at all please help.

Also if you had it will you sell it or will the price grow in the future

#2 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Digital form comics has destroyed the hardcopy back Issue retail market. If anything it may have some monetary value in like 75 years or so when comics as we knew them are long dead.

#3 Edited by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

9.4 $40

9.6 $48

9.8 $56

9.9 $72

10.0 $80

#4 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin: Hard to say. Firstly, we'll need to know how far in the future we're talking. That particular issue you're talking about sold 352,847 copies when released (dunno if that includes all variant covers, or just the standard 1st print).

BUT judging by the fact that it can already fetch at least $40, I'd say, yeah, probably will increase in a couple of years.

#6 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin: Hard to say. Firstly, we'll need to know how far in the future we're talking. That particular issue you're talking about sold 352,847 copies when released (dunno if that includes all variant covers, or just the standard 1st print).

BUT judging by the fact that it can already fetch at least $40, I'd say, yeah, probably will increase in a couple of years.

Future in general will the price rise or fall lets say in 2020

#7 Edited by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin said:

@sinestro_gl said:

I doubt it will fall. The fact that your comic is already worth a few times more than the cover price after only 4.5 years is promising. So I would (informally) say that it should have risen more by 2020, how much, I don't know.

#8 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin said:

@sinestro_gl said:

I doubt it will fall. The fact that your comic is already worth a few times more than the cover price after only 4.5 years is promising. So I would (informally) say that it should have risen more by 2020, how much, I don't know.

Thanks

#9 Edited by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart:

Question the value goes up a lot every 0.1 or 0.2 but the difference between lets say 9.4 and 9.6 is extremely hard to identify.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (30301 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin said:

@jloneblackheart:

@jloneblackheart said:

9.4 $40

9.6 $48

9.8 $56

9.9 $72

10.0 $80

Thx but will the price grow in the future?

The day after that issue came out, it was worth $80 in "normal" condition. At the time, the 2nd printing was worth about $40-50.

Granted, it hasn't decreased by much, but I don't think it will increase in the next ten years. It will probably be worth something in the future, though. Say 20-30+ years.

Try getting it graded by the CGC, then hold on to it and watch the market.

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (83257 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever it's priced at, it's too high.

#12 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6255 posts) - - Show Bio

Try and meet Barack Obama.

Get the comic signed by him.

Wait for the day he passes away.

Put the comic up for auction.

You'll make some good money I reckon. :)

#13 Posted by Wardemon32 (4149 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't you guys just share the comic so everyone gets this rip-off?