How much do you think Thanos will be nerfed in MCU?

• 90 results
flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We've seen how how nerfed current characters are in the MCU. How much do you think they'll nerf Thanos in Infinity War?

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bathroom jokes

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he'll destroy planets but through tech, strength wise I think hulk vs him will be like drax vs Ronan

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we will see some dead avengers. ultron and loki have not been very menacing. Ultron's plan was awesome but his fighting ability was weak. Thanos will be shear brute force. Avengers will die, some quickly some eventually.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

He'll be beaten by the entire MCU dancing

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immadnice: ultron was weak? Your having a luagh he was smacking around thor and hulk like they were children, ppl only remeber his frist form which fought cap at the end he was signifcantly more powerful than all of them

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see all the Avengers get killed like he did in the comic book, but of course that probably won't happens so he will be nerf big time. The person to beat him will either be Hulk OR IronMan.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: There was no point in that movie where Ultron's fighting capabilities felt threatening. Smacking around Thor? If you call smacking around Thor, choking him while Thor distracts him so Vision can smack him with the hammer then yes he was smacking him around. I do not remember him smacking around Hulk either. If you felt in any way threatened by his fighting abilities you are pretty naive.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: I don't think they'll nerf Thanos all that much. His supposed to be the big bad end it all menace to society BBEG-boogie man of MCU.

Making Thanos something which Hulk or Thor could just solo or Avengers simply beat up would seriously undermine the whole MCU villain credibility.

Nah, he has to be something so absolutely terrifying that even Tony Stark loses his wisecracking cool.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Too much

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

He'll obviously be a lot weaker than his comic-book counterpart, but a lot stronger than anybody we've seen so far aside from IS wielders and Odin most likely.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He will be strong enough to beat all of The Avengers at the same time.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: Abomination, Winter Soldier, Red Skull, and Wilson Fisk all were/are good antagonists.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron was nerfed hard, I expect Thanos to get nerfed just as much. Ultron was struggling against Cap.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To me it feels like the entire existence of Thanos is to finally have that one guy who knocks around the entire Avengers team at once in a fight. I don't believe for a second that he'll be nerfed. I think he'll pimp slap Hulk and do everything we expect from him. Hell, Vision pretty much exists just to have his head ripped off by Thanos. Think about it.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As nerfed as evreyone else

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: yeah bro idk what movie you're watching LMAO ultron was garbage and if he was any indication of how nerfed the characters will be thanos will be like hulk level

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@immadnice: ultron was weak? Your having a luagh he was smacking around thor and hulk like they were children, ppl only remeber his frist form which fought cap at the end he was signifcantly more powerful than all of them

Can you tell me where this happened in the movie and haven't seen it.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

lol it didnt happen. i saw it last night.

Hulk disrespected the f*ck out of ultron when they fought. It was literally another lol fight like Hulk vs Loki but much shorter.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll be challenged by Iron Man.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Iragexcudder

Ultron was far too human for my likes, plus the one liners were just too much.

I enjoyed the movie but Whedon focuses on fan favoritism far too much and likes chuckles parted within the storyline. Seriousness was there but at times where you'd already expect it to be there.. Some surprises but the whole comedy road might be too much for me..

That being said, I think Thanos will be triumphant in his battles to only beat himself in the end. He won't lose to the Avengers as he and everyone else knows how powerful he is and will be, I'm just looking forward to Vison encounter him..

Inbetweener much? :) SNAG THAT BISH RIGHT OFF HIS FOREHEAD

I think Thanos will murk tits as long as Whedon isn't directing, which he isn't. Russo bros will do him incredibly well I hope! If not, whatever. More one liners from insanely smart and devious villains with no care for hilarity

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mortein

He'll be as strong as he needs to be to defeat the Avengers, without too much trouble.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To the point where Iron Man would fight him one on one and kick his purple a$$! Same way as he did to Thor and Hulk so far! Downey's popularity > common sense and comic book hierarchy...

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I forgot Tonny won't have Whedon force anymore so maybe we have a chance to see a proper Thanos!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'llbe at least as strong as MOS krptonians

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much like Red Skull.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By w0nd

@those_eyes said:
@citizensentry said:

Hulk disrespected the f*ck out of ultron when they fought. It was literally another lol fight like Hulk vs Loki but much shorter.

Ultrons exact words when hulk came at him alone. "Oh for god sake" and then he got man handled by hulk and thrown out of the quin jet.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll obviously be a lot weaker than his comic-book counterpart, but a lot stronger than anybody we've seen so far aside from IS wielders and Odin most likely.

Actually, I think Thanos > a single Infinity Stone, like in the comics. I mean, he wasn't threatened by Ronan with the orb or giving Loki the mind stone all that much. About Odin, I'd like to see them duke it out. It'd be awesome...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@nightway said:
@rogueshadow said:

Actually, I think Thanos > a single Infinity Stone, like in the comics. I mean, he wasn't threatened by Ronan with the orb or giving Loki the mind stone all that much. About Odin, I'd like to see them duke it out. It'd be awesome...

Could be.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is the boring overpowered character of all comics . No one can beat him except One above all

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He`ll remain powerful but the plot will still determine how powerful it all depends.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos may have the power (if he uses all of it in a blast) to blow up a planet but I am not so sure.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a chance you may not see him in action without the gauntlet powering him.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Cream_God

Well he just broke into Asgard and made Ronan scared so id imagine hes gonna be strong

Edit: Im guessing we see him vs Thor in Thor 3, Thor is just returning at the same time Thanos is taking the Gauntlet so it kinda makes sense, or Thanos vs Odin

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a better question is what kind of jokes he'll tell

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway said:
@rogueshadow said:

Could be.

Im pretty sure thats how he will be because speculation says he kills the vision when they fight eachother.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So long as the Cops don't show up....he should stomp everybody out

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos will be ridiculous in Infinity Wars, but I highly doubt they will be able to do justice to the Infinity gems on the big screen, the scale of their power is almost incomprehensible by our standards. Can't wait to see what they do with that.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@w0nd said:
@those_eyes said:
@citizensentry said:

Ultrons exact words when hulk came at him alone. "Oh for god sake" and then he got man handled by hulk and thrown out of the quin jet.

Because Hulk is a badass.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do remember that Ultron never got his supreme body, Vision has it now.

I.e Ultron was never at his full power in the movie.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@shazam117: and people look down on Mos, but Val-zod was a serious threat no joke.

bouncyhippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By bouncyhippo

@sinikettu:

@citizensentry said:
@w0nd said:
@those_eyes said:
@citizensentry said:

Because Hulk is a badass.

But Hulk lost to Hulkbuster. Super enraged out of control Hulk lost to Tony Stark who went easy on him. This was easily my favorite fight though, the rest was mediocre.