Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: How many stars would YOU give 'Man of Steel?' (78 votes)

5 stars 42%
4 stars 33%
3 stars 19%
2 stars 1%
1 star 4%

Just curious to see. For the love of all that is holy, try to avoid turning this into totally petty arguments.

5 = loved it

4 = really liked it

3 = okay

2 = didn't like

1= hated it

#1 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6274 posts) - - Show Bio

4.75-5. I really, really liked it. My second favorite superhero film.

#2 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21686 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite movie ever! Better than kick-ass!

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Four for me. I enjoyed it, and it was a good movie, but MoS hardly warrants a five-star rating.

#4 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Four for me. I enjoyed it, and it was a good movie, but MoS hardly warrants a five-star rating.

This.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (23931 posts) - - Show Bio

Four, great movie, but had some flaws.

#6 Edited by akbogert (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

Four. "I really liked it" sums it up well.

(Also, @k4tzm4n, I was going to post but then I saw "For the love of all that is holy, try to avoid turning this into totally petty arguments" and...)

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Well, seeing as 5 stars simply means "loved it" (aka pros vastly outweighed the cons), it's subjective and can indeed warrant it for plenty. It's not saying the film is a virtually flawless masterpiece or anything along those lines. Likewise, while I'm sure many will think it doesn't warrant 1 star, it's totally legitimate if someone did indeed hate the film.

Staff
#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

(Also, @k4tzm4n, I was going to post but then I saw "For the love of all that is holy, try to avoid turning this into totally petty arguments" and...)

Staff
#9 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

I agree. Some great stuff (emotion, actions scenes, visuals, flashbacks)

Some not so good (Zods end, Lois figuring out a secret identity in maybe a weeks time, too much Russel Crowe weird Jor -El)

@k4tzm4n Its up there with some of the best comic movies imo

V for vendetta, avengers, Nolan trilogy, Iron Man 1, History of Violence, MOS in no particular order.

My favorite comic movie ever is still Dredd 3d!! Represent.

#10 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@veshark said:

Well, seeing as 5 stars simply means "loved it" (aka pros vastly outweighed the cons), it's subjective and can indeed warrant it for plenty. It's not saying the film is a virtually flawless masterpiece or anything along those lines. Likewise, while I'm sure many will think it doesn't warrant 1 star, it's totally legitimate if someone did indeed hate the film.

Would it make you feel better if I added an 'in my opinion' at the end? Because I thought that was already implied.

The statement itself is my opinion, I'm hardly the authority on movies, and if anyone wants to give it a 5, by all means.

#11 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

5/5. I really, really liked it, despite what other people say. The Dark Knight is better than Man of Steel, though. Still, I loved it

#12 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

5 = made love to it

#13 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i gave it 5 stars the best superman film ever.

#14 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it a very solid four. Four and a half if it was an option.

#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@veshark said:

Would it make you feel better if I added an 'in my opinion' at the end? Because I thought that was already implied.

The statement itself is my opinion, I'm hardly the authority on movies, and if anyone wants to give it a 5, by all means.

I'm well aware of that. I was clarifying on how the rating system was being used in this case. You know, just in case you glossed over that part.

Staff
#16 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted five but I'd probably give it a 4.5/5. Rounding counts, right?

#17 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@veshark said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@veshark said:

I'm well aware of that. I was clarifying on how the rating system was being used in this case. You know, just in case you glossed over that part.

If you were, I'm not sure why you even called me out in the first place. I'm going to drop this now.

#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (41104 posts) - - Show Bio

3.75. It was pretty good, but it had some flaws, (pacing, crappy romance, etc.) It's surprising the two biggest superhero movies this year, (IM3 and MOS), haven't lived up to expectations. I guess Thor and Wolverine got to pick up the slack.

#19 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

3.5, maybe 4

#20 Edited by logy5000 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

5. I thought it was better than Avengers.

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Five stars. I loved it, it's not a perfect film but I loved it.

#22 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

The book was better.

Edit: I voted 4.5 just because of the pacing.

#23 Edited by SmashBrawler (5633 posts) - - Show Bio

5 stars. Hardly a perfect film but man did I love it.

@sandman_ said:

The book was better.

Heh.

#24 Edited by Misterwizz (198 posts) - - Show Bio

3 / 4 (using the Ebert scale of grading).

4 based on this poll.

#25 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on how much I enjoyed the movie? 5 stars, definitely 5 stars.

#26 Posted by SNascimento (441 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely loved it. In fact, my only qualms were the wanton destruction that keeps getting mentioned, and Amy Adams. For the latter, she had her genuine Lois moments, but overall I feel that she was the weakest part of the film. For the former, its totally understandable that a new hero would have trouble controlling him battle. It makes sense that two of the most powerful beings on the planet would have an epic brawl. The fight scene and the background were spectacular. Over the top on the scale of damage, but still spectacular. It should've been clarified on whether or not the thousand of citizens managed to evacuate in time. It does however, make a brilliant segway toward Lex Luthor's role in a sequel as humanity's "true" savior and his distrust of Superman.

#28 Posted by akbogert (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I think the misunderstanding stemmed from you saying it "hardly warrants a five-star rating." Had you said "I hardly loved it," there would have been less of a reason to think you were trying to say something objective/dismissive.

Admittedly when juxtaposed against your later assertion "if anyone wants to give it a five, by all means," your initial phrasing does seem more focused on the rating than what it was meant to represent here -- even if you really just meant you didn't love it.

(just trying to figure out the whole calling-you-out explanation)

#29 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@veshark: I think the misunderstanding stemmed from you saying it "hardly warrants a five-star rating." Had you said "I hardly loved it," there would have been less of a reason to think you were trying to say something objective/dismissive.

Admittedly when juxtaposed against your later assertion "if anyone wants to give it a five, by all means," your initial phrasing does seem more focused on the rating than what it was meant to represent here -- even if you really just meant you didn't love it.

(just trying to figure out the whole calling-you-out explanation)

I was trying to say that if anyone feels complied to give it a five - as in, personally, they loved it - I have no objections. My first comment was purely personal, I wasn't dismissing the opinions of others, and I know that this rating system is based solely on personal entertainment value, as opposed to an objective 'critical merit' standpoint.

#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

176 views... 36 votes.

Hrmmm...

Staff
#31 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

3. Meh.

#32 Edited by RustyRoy (11996 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give it 3.5, between really liked it and okay.

#33 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at 41% 5 stars. Well, I guess this is 'comic'vine after all...

#35 Posted by ccraft (5202 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite CBM 5 stars

#36 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33019 posts) - - Show Bio

3.5 rounded it up to 4

#37 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

3 and a half stars.

#38 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Posted by russellmania77 (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Edited by Strider92 (16265 posts) - - Show Bio

3 and a half stars.

This. Its better than Okay but I didn't find it anything special.

#41 Posted by lilben42 (2530 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

Lol at 41% 5 stars. Well, I guess this is 'comic'vine after all...

Not just CV. The audience rating scores on metacritic and imbd are about the same for MOS as they are for The Avengers. (metacritic MOS..8.3, Avengers 7.9. Imbd MOS 8.1, Avengers 8.3) The"professional critics" didn't rate it as high, but audiences disagree.

#43 Edited by dondave (36503 posts) - - Show Bio

5 Stars definitely

#44 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5381 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the 3 and a half button?

#45 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the 3 and a half button?

I didn't have that luxury. Why should you? :P

Staff
#46 Edited by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS POLL REQUIRES MORE VOTES!

Staff
#47 Edited by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

He should have died in the end (Superman)

#48 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18010 posts) - - Show Bio

Five stars. I loved it, it's not a perfect film but I loved it.

awesome movie