How many of you wished for Batman to defeat Darkseid?

• 60 results
AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AAnge4315

If you've read Batman and Robin #37....

I know of many fellow bat-fans who would want Batman with hell-bat armor to defeat Darkseid and make himself look better than Superman thus. After all, its 75th anniversary, we want something bombastic and great.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If that would have happened Darkseid would look weak.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He used the shard thats why

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully none.

Beata

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like that but if only he would remove his rogues gallery and move up permanently away from street level gotham crime

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not me.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Batman had a big week this week. Batman an Robin, Batman, and Injustice.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: I'd agree yeah. I wouldn't like it if its a Batman vs Darkseid physical encounter where Batman wins. That IS definitely PIS.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Wanting Batman to defeat Darksied just to appear better than Superman borders on fanboyism. They’re both great heroes, just in different respects.

Like @papinacho said, bat-fans aren't that petty.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315: I mean we don't want Batman to do cool things so he can be better than Superman, we want Batman to do cool things so he can be cool. That said, him beating Darkseid is too much, I'm perfectly happy with how the fight turned out.

THIS

he becomes a 'cheap' character when he needs to be compared to others to be awesome, he can do it on his own.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Why i had to post this for a second time?

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big fan of Batman and love when he gets the occasional Super-OP battle armor. However, Darkseid should be the big villian who no hero can defeat on his own. If Batman destroyed Darkseid, that pretty much makes Batman > JLA, and that should not be the case. Unlike many, I enjoy when Batman is boosted to Superman-level, but beating Darkseid would ruin his reputation as a JLA-Level team buster.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good comic but no way he would have won the fight.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Batman had a big week this week. Batman an Robin, Batman, and Injustice.

Very true.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Transformers1024

I think Darkseid should have tore him a new one - but thats just my opinion.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I was certainly cheering for Batman.

Why would you not? He was after all the protagonist of the story. A dad out to revive his dead son. I see every reason to cheer for Batman, but not for the reasons mentioned in the OP.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Darkseid should have tore him a new one - but thats just my opinion.

That would have robbed the story of the cool ending it got. I understand that Darkseid is pretty damn powerful but people seem to misunderstand, battle between 2 characters in comics are not drawn/ written to be an accurate representation of how 2 characters with their given set of power would fight, but rather is drawn/written the way that serves the story best.

Darkseid being humbled served the story better and hence that's why it happened ^_^. From Darkseid's perspective, his omega beam can evidently bring dead back to life which is a cool feat I would think.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis

This is a question better reserved for Superman fans,most of them I'm sure think DS and Superman are equals. Atleast Batman didn't deflect the OE with a rock.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atleast Batman didn't deflect the OE with a rock.

He did one better he absorbed it and used it to bring his son back to life =)

That being said I don't think you'd enjoy what happened during Earth 2 - Worlds End # 11

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

If batman did beat DS it wouldn't serve both characters any good

DS has a reputation that N52 DC is trying to build up and his loss to Bats would only be used against him by his haters

The Bat haters would start screaming PIS if such a feat of Bruce beating Uxas did exist and bring further hate upon him

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vivide

@masterkungfu:

The Bat haters would start screaming PIS if such a feat of Bruce beating Uxas did exist and bring further hate upon him

Twitter beefs with the writers maybe?

@entropy_aegis:

No Caption Provided

@claymore1998:

Not exactly, it was his story yes but it should cost him something which I am glad that he is in a coma ( a limb or a disability would be fine though) as something that hard should not be gotten for 'free'. If he wants a happy ending he better work for it, and he did. It was at a 'discount' price but he struggled.

I blame Bruce Timm for doing this, his series is a stellar one but there is no hiding that he is a big fan.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BlackWind

Writers need to quit with this. Stop writing Batman as being able to defeat world level threats, but then have him fight to nearly the death against street level challenges. It makes the bigger villains look less impressive than they are and no one does that better than Batman.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

@masterkungfu:

Twitter beefs with the writers maybe?

@entropy_aegis:

No Caption Provided

@claymore1998:

Not exactly, it was his story yes but it should cost him something which I am glad that he is in a coma ( a limb or a disability would be fine though) as something that hard should not be gotten for 'free'. If he wants a happy ending he better work for it, and he did. It was at a 'discount' price but he struggled.

I blame Bruce Timm for doing this, his series is a stellar one but there is no hiding that he is a big fan.

I hope you aren't insinuating that they ARE equals?

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: nope. that would be crazy I heard that darkseid is supposed to be back to precrisis levels

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Bats but him and no single member of the JL should be able to solo him. He should be a team effort of at least 5 members to take him down. As for the fight I feel Tomasi handled Batman vs Darkseid well. It wasn't the best fight it wasn't the worst but I was pleased with the outcome. Even though the fight was one-sided in favor of DS people are still gonna complain how op Bats is, even though he didn't do anything to him.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Writers need to quit with this. Stop writing Batman as being able to defeat world level threats, but then have him fight to nearly the death against street level challenges. It makes the bigger villains look less impressive than they are and no one does that better than Batman.

do you realize that the hellbat suit in the story wasn't built by Batman himself alone but was a team effort?

Thus Batman taking on Darkseid was in reality a team effort with Batman in control. It isn't a solo effort, and nevertheless the team still loses.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315: That shouldn't even work when the team have difficulties, Highfather and Antimonitor is prepping for a reason, and Earth-2 tried hard.

One spoiled rich kid shouldn't ruin plot for the rest of the verse

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid should have stomped him.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@ultragreenboy:

He did. Literally into the ground. Bats couldn't do a single thing to hurt him. Batman barely escaped with his life and son.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enormity: Bruce didn't ruin plot or do anything wrong. He constructed a suit with help of the league to go get his son back. Needless to say the suit didn't do a damn thing to Darkseid and Bats got destroyed in the fight, he barely and I mean barely escaped with his life.

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lxlgiftedlxl: True, the whole thing seemed like he just wanted Damien. Darkseid just happened to be in the way.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: First of all Batman didn't beat Darkseid, he lost badly and barely lived. Second he never stopped any world level threat without some kind of help from the League.

As for you saying Batman be able to easily contend with world level threats (which he doesn't) and go back down to his street level rouges and struggle, that's the inconsistency that exists in Batman's character and all other comic book characters.

Example:

Wonder Woman beating Zoom but struggling on Cheetah

Superman Beating Darkseid but struggling on Lex Luthor

I find it hard to believe a world threat villain that fights Batman looks less impressive, when that villain is destroying Batman without breaking a sweat and beating down League members.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lxlgiftedlxl: Diana beating Zolomon was P.I.S.

Though I agree with the rest.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Noone301994
No Caption Provided

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy:

Glade you agree. I know it WW beating Zoom was PIS it was just an example of beating some one out of your class then struggling on one of your rouges.

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No, He should always lose

SuperGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way, it was impressive enough that batsy was even able to go toe-to-toe with him. But defeat him? Darkseid has already done his fair share of jobbing this would make it even worse. Plus, if batman were to beat him that would mean that the JL could just make a new suit for batman every time Darksied came along. Instead of having a team of heroes waste their time they could just call in bruce to beat'em up lol. That would be ridiculous.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ultragreenboy:

Glade you agree. I know it WW beating Zoom was PIS it was just an example of beating some one out of your class then struggling on one of your rouges.

One character having PIS isn't an excuse for another.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@dernman:

That is true it is not an excuse, and I am not using to justify what Batman did or does. I was using to show that everyone has inconsistencies in there character.

A better example would be

Wonder Woman defeating Ares but then Struggling on Cheetah.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dernman

@lxlgiftedlxl said:

@dernman:

That is true it is not an excuse, and I am not using to justify what Batman did or does. I was using to show that everyone has inconsistencies in there character.

and it's a problem with both characters that should be addressed separately not used to point at another character like it somehow minimizes, lessens or should distract.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@dernman: That's why in the earlier posts I said that's the inconsistencies that exist in Batman's Character and all other comic book characters. I am by no means trying to point out problems of other characters to say look there just as bad. I am doing it to show they all have inconsistencies, because people that just hate on Batman or other characters for that fact, and forget that all characters share similar problems. I do agree with you that these problems need to be addressed in every ones own respective comics.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dernman
@lxlgiftedlxl said:

@dernman: That's why in the earlier posts I said that's the inconsistencies that exist in Batman's Character and all other comic book characters. I am by no means trying to point out problems of other characters to say look there just as bad. I am doing it to show they all have inconsistencies, because people that just hate on Batman or other characters for that fact, and forget that all characters share similar problems. I do agree with you that these problems need to be addressed in every ones own respective comics.

See you did even though you say you're not.

It doesn't matter if other characters have inconsistencies. The issue is Batman's inconsistencies and only his. When you point out others that's exactly what you're doing. Pointing them out doesn't make people haters. Batman is one of my favorite longest liked characters and I'm always pointing them out.

People point it out more because A. It happens to him more B: He's on a lower weight class. B: People just plain care more about Batman. People do talk about other characters PIS but it's less talk because of reasons I've already gave not to mention certain fans being much more uptight about Batman and come running to his defense. I'll call them the other fans because they bend over backwards to deny, defend, attack call them haters or distract from anyone trying to point out said faults.

Most of us love Batman and we're not hater because we don't kneel

down at the feet of Batgod. Many others don't hate love/hate Batman either they just don't like it when other characters are so diluted just to accommodate another characters consistent PIS. So they rightly speak about it.

Edit; I had to repost I deleted the other by mistake. You might get two notifications.

Edit2:

I do agree with you that these problems need to be addressed in every ones own respective comics.

agreed.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Nah man, Batman fans ain't that petty.

No, they are

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@dernman: I hope you don't think I am a person who bows down to BatGod, because I think that ruins Batman's character. There is a lot about Batman I wish would change.

With that being said I see you point about using other characters inconsistencies to justify or lessening the blow for Batman as not being good. The reasoning behind me pointing out every characters inconsistences is to show people who don't or only see Batman as inconsistent, that all characters suffer from this. This is strictly for people who only look at Batman inconsistencies and forget other have the same problem. Not saying that anyone in this forum is doing this its only for people who view Batman as stated above.

Also I am not calling anyone a hater. When I used hater in the earlier post I wasn't referring to people who criticize Batman or to anyone in the forum. I was referring to people who just See Batman as the only one who does bad things, and are PIS filled. Its just fir haters in general no one else.

But I do see you point and agree. I just want to clarify my-self for using them.