• 58 results
#51 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5885 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya Metropolis is near me.

#52 Edited by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the town I live in does not have a comic store but I'm a 15 minute walk away from a train station and a twenty minute train journey away from my nearest comic store in glasgow

#53 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15154 posts) - - Show Bio

3 shops within a 20-30 minute drive. (Two of them are sister-stores)

#54 Edited by Hanson724 (553 posts) - - Show Bio

My LCS is literally 5 minutes from my house which is good for me and bad for bank account. There's also 2 more less than 20 minutes away and few more not much farther than that. I stick to the one closest to me they do a great job and I really like the people there.

#55 Posted by kuonphobos (4882 posts) - - Show Bio

I have access to two very good "mom and pop" type stores with amazing customer service. One is about a five minute drive from my home.

#56 Posted by MonsterStomp (15872 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to drive 40 minutes to get to my comic book store. So 80 minutes both ways, for a damn book. I just order them online now.

#57 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

There are 2 relatively close to me

#58 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11103 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, reading these comments is depressing. What did you guys do before digital comics were around? (Speaking to the ones who buy digitally due to no shops near them)

Anyway, I have two shops near me.

One just opened up about 3 to 4 months ago called Escape Pod Comics. It's a nice, small place, loaded with tons of indy GN's as well as Vertigo stuff along with some DC and Marvel GNs. It has a decent amount of old comics but as for the newer comics, it lacks a lot. It's still getting on his feet though so I understand but I fear for the shop. The town it's in isn't very ... comic reader friendly.

Then I have Collectors Kingdom, which has been around for about 30 years (in the opposite direction of the former shop). Great people there. They have just about everything from the weekly books, TPB/HCs, GNs, collective figurines, action figures, some costumes, movies, and some other neat stuff. I prefer there despite it being a longer drive, but only by like 5-10 minutes depending on traffic.

#59 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

One near my house called "powerhouse comics". I go there all the time.