How many Marvel Multi-verses are there?

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has an arbitrary number been given? Thousands? Millions?

I was thinking how they are going to explain only 1 variation of the characters making it after Secret Wars. I know certain ones with have a story explaining.

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or does Secret Wars only deal with 616 and the Ultimate universe with the rest just phasing away?

QueenAnt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

billions

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queenant47: Hmm really, do you know where that is said?

I'm just wondering if all of those Wolverines that Gladitor Steve Rogers killed on Planet Hulk are clones or alternate reality Wolverines

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TRILLIONS

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking how they are going to explain only 1 variation of the characters making it after Secret Wars. I know certain ones with have a story explaining.

As of right now..? Of the thousands, about two are left and soon there's just one -the battleworld. The other realities have already been eradicated by 616 & Ultimate Universe respectively.

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@incredible_j said:

As of right now..? Of the thousands, about two are left and soon there's just one -the battleworld. The other realities have already been eradicated by 616 & Ultimate Universe respectively.

They have, where is this explained? Im not questioning you. Im just interested in reading about it

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@incredible_j: In current Avengers #1-44 and New Avengers #1-33 Its what those incursions are all about, but especially the "In X-months time runs out-issues" focus on that.

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Apparently the Marvel Multiverse also covers it's movies, TV shows and video games.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@incredible_j:Marvel reality consists of multiple megaverses (an unspecified amount). These megaverses also contain an unspecified amount of multiverses. A multiverse contains an infinite amount of universes.

@sinikettu They didn't wipe out multiple multiverses.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Yes they did, its the whole point of fighting these incursions to make sure it's your universe that's left standing by destroying the other Earth.

Now I'm not exactly sure why it's Earth that's the catalyst for the destruction of a particular universe but that's how Hickman wrote it.

it's actually a good question how and if dimensions & realities such Negative zone and micro-verse are affected by this.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: They wiped out the universes within the multiverse until only a handful were left.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Sure, multiverse = many universes as string theory propositions.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: I didn't quite catch that. Are you saying they destroyed multiple multiverses through destroying multiple universes since a multiverse = many universes?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only 2 really matter lol

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: well string theory posits that there's basically an infinite number of universe and therefore multiverse as well... But lets just leave it at that it's easier on the brain.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu:

it's actually a good question how and if dimensions & realities such Negative zone and micro-verse are affected by this.

I always try to think of those as extensions of a universe along with the realm the realm of gods and demons

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: I think it's an oversight from the Writer's to just gloss them over as collateral considering how much they've influenced cosmic Marvel and F4 over the years.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

god knows.....

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the Marvel Multiverse as a neighborhood to use that analogy.

You have a Street which is the Multiverse, the the TOAA (the land, and property owner), and Living Tribunal (the property manager) rules over.

On that street each house is its own Universe, which the Universal entities (The heads of household) rule over. The Negative zones and micro-verses are just separate "rooms" inside of those houses.

Now I see Secret Wars as Marvel tearing down all those Houses (Universes), and using the materiel to build one single McMansion. Only one family member (Marvel Character) can live in this new McMansion (i.e Two "Dads" cant exist in the house, they have to fight to the death, so as only one Dad remains).

My question is whats the purpose of Multiverse entities (like the L.T) if the Multiverse no longer exist? And the possibly why we saw the L.T "dead" on the moon

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: well string theory posits that there's basically an infinite number of universe and therefore multiverse as well... But lets just leave it at that it's easier on the brain.

According to Marvel, as I stated:

Marvel reality consists of multiple megaverses (an unspecified amount). These megaverses also contain an unspecified amount of multiverses. A multiverse contains an infinite amount of universes.

And the Beyonders destroyed universes, not multiple multiverses.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sinikettu

@mysticmedivh: So, are you proposing that theoretically... this "last" collision of 616 & ultimate Earths might not actually be the last convergence just the most relevant?