#1 Posted by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure that the vast majority of your friends do not read comics. What I'm interested to know is how many of your friends have you, Viners, personally gotten into reading comic books?

#2 Posted by Dm225 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Me, my wife, and my twin brother got into comics last year with Marven NOW! and I haven't felt the need to get anyone else to join us.

P.S. I've read comics all my life through trades at the library and sitting around Borders when that was around but never got into the actual collecting part until recently.

#3 Posted by waezi2 (5015 posts) - - Show Bio

Working on it

#4 Posted by The_Tree (6422 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero.

#5 Posted by BigL (177 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4531 posts) - - Show Bio

One. But I got my girlfriend into watching Arrow so I'm happy. And my ex I got into Teen Wolf so I'm working on it. I did have one of my homies obssessed with Justice League Unlimited.

#7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4693 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero.........

#8 Posted by JairamGanpat (949 posts) - - Show Bio

ONE GUY

#9 Posted by sagejonathan (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

I get a lot of people interested but they won't go buy comics, no matter how much they like them

#10 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gotten one into the New 52 cause we used to call him "Movies" at lunch and he would get mad lol.

#11 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7859 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting my friend Terrell into it n*gga stubborn though.

#12 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

I got my closest friend into it with Saga, my teacher again with Saga, my other friend into it thanks to Kingdom Come. Overall I think since that is the thing that makes me happiest when I talk about it people seem to be interested. I have had a couple others ask to recommend them something. I found out while pursuing a "cool" girl at school that she was into comics previously thanks to her brother and now that she's my girlfriend I give her some titles to read like Saga and TMNT.

#13 Edited by Squares (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them. I was a convert myself.

#14 Edited by Ryagan (465 posts) - - Show Bio

None. My friend got me into comics. Out of all the people he's converted, I think I'm the only one who still reads comics.

#15 Posted by PotatoOfDoom (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero.

#16 Edited by RustyRoy (9245 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by Squalleon (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (10060 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero, kind of. But at the same time, a lot. I returned to my old sleep away camp this passed sumer and brought a TON of GN's and trades to read during my off time. I got almost all of my (guy) friends and the a lot of the boy campers constantly asking me to read comics, to which I'd let them. This went on the whole summer, approx 9 weeks. Of the 30 or so people who read my books only one continues to read. But he only reads certain trades such as The Walking Dead, Saga, Chew and Manhattan Projects.

In the end I say zero because I still don't have anyone outside of CV to discuss comics with and it upsets me.

#19 Posted by XIII (47 posts) - - Show Bio

One? 13

#20 Edited by redleader1 (390 posts) - - Show Bio

I've made my dad like dc he was a huge marvel reader as a kid

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (13729 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one guy,my best friend.

#22 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11618 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gotten my two brothers to read comics from time to time but it hasn't stuck.

#23 Posted by GoblinAlGhoul (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the 10 people I have attempted the number of friends who genuinely got into comics is.... NONE!

Muahahahahjajajajaja

#25 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15959 posts) - - Show Bio

No one.

Both of my best friends dislike comics. One thinks it's childish, stupid and I need to grow up, and the other has read some and dislikes them in general, he prefers movies.

#26 Edited by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

Both of my best friends dislike comics. One thinks it's childish, stupid and I need to grow up

I have quite a few friends like that, BUT I converted two people that had this very opinion into reading some comics (TPBs), though they don't follow current storylines.

#27 Posted by Black_Arrow (1910 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I have a friend that watches Walking Dead and I convinced him that the comics are 10 times better, Also I make him bought Flash but he dropped it. Another friend bought Batman but he dropped it. My brother sometimes reads my comics and he bough trades that he thinks that are the best, Also he still buys Scott Snyder Batman not because he loves to read them but he loves to collect them.

#28 Posted by Deadgod (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

only 1 & even then he only reads them if i buy comics & give him to read

#29 Edited by 14NC3 (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

3 of my friends. Kind of. They were kind of already into comics but they knew next to nothing about them cause they only read like 1 comic in their life and just read wikepedia and the cartoons. I enhanced their knowledge on comic books and got them into reading a lot. 4 if you include my brother.

#30 Edited by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one

#31 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

i got my roommates into invincible and the darkness , i see that as a accomplishment .

#32 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Like one guy

#33 Posted by Bruxae (9430 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by RustyRoy (9245 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gotten my two brothers to read comics from time to time but it hasn't stuck.

Same happened with me.

#35 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

3 or 4

#36 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

None haha

Why do you think I live on this forum? No one to talk comics with in my real life.

#37 Edited by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

I only gotten my sister involved in comics and I regretted it ever since, only thing she does is complain. Her complaints are mostly over the teen superheroes which makes it even worst because I have no interest in those characters.

I don't talk about comics with anyone else, because I know my friends aren't interested anyways.

#38 Posted by Cap10nate (1885 posts) - - Show Bio

None. Comics are a small part of my life which none of my friends care about so we talk about topics that we are all mutually interested.

#39 Posted by HumanRocket (4895 posts) - - Show Bio

None. My friends are like how most other people are right now with comics...more interested in the movie adaptation than the actual comics themselves. But I can talk to them about chracthers they are not too familiar about but after that its hard to really get them devoted fully into comics.

#40 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (5012 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant get them into DC and MARVEL, but Y THE LAST MAN works like a charm.

#41 Posted by PunyParker (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

2....and it was hard work,i tell ya!

#42 Posted by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! I know it is. Do they follow current stories...or are they more interested in trades?

#43 Posted by MarlboroMan (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

None i don't have any friend that has any single interest to comics :/

#44 Edited by PunyParker (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

YES! I know it is. Do they follow current stories...or are they more interested in trades?

The one i got generally into comic books,the other i got into Spidey....so....current stories wouldnt help to know the character.....y'know...Ock and sh!t....
He reads Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man.