• 63 results
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By longbowhunter

I read about 30 titles a month and buy around 20 trades a year.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Romulus9000

@longbowhunter said:

I read about 30 titles a month and buy around 20 trades a year.

I wish i just bought 20 trades a year. I live in austin and we have a chain of half price book stores with EXCELLENT trade sections. I literally buy about 5 trades a week. Today i bought Planetary vol 2 and a Clerks trade that is hard to find. At this rate i'll have bought around 200 trades in 1 year.

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Katie24

@chalkshark said:

Between 60 & 70, depending on mini-series.

HOLY MACKEREL!!!

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By 2chimcha3

Currently I read 5: The Mighty Thor, Red Lanterns (I have faith it'll get better), Green Lantern:New Guardians, Blue Beetle, and X-O Manowar. I'm going to start Journey into Mystery at #642 and Phantom Stranger.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Lvenger

Currently I'm reading 7 ongoing series but since Amazing Spider-Man is a bi weekly series, I technically read 8 ongoings. That should increase to 9 in November if I drop Fantastic Four and pick up Hickman's Avengers series which is supposed to be bi weekly as well. Not sure what other title I'll read once Hickman leaves Fantastic Four. I don't want to touch the series with Fraction on it.

@chalkshark said:

Between 60 & 70, depending on mini-series.

(Jaw drops)

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#56  Edited By Queso6p4

I'm at around 40 but I'm adding on about 20 more with the updates list for August.

@chalkshark: How do you remember everything's that goes on? Do you get a subscriber discount?

Edit: Just added on five or so this week, three were from Image and are new releases.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By longbowhunter

@Romulus9000: Half Priced Books is great! I went to one in Louisville last year and left with all kinds of awesomeness. Wish there was one closer.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By derf_jenkins

I have about 75 titles on my pull list at all times. sometimes I get backed up a little. I usually like to keep a short box of unread stuff that is about half full.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By chalkshark

@Queso6p4: My local comic shop has cut a percentage of the cost off for years. I suspect it has more to do with my generosity with a couple of financial windfalls, over the years, than with the number of titles I collect. I suppose that doesn't hurt, though. As far as keeping up with all of it goes, I read them more than once. I'll sit down with new releases as they come out & read them. When a story arc ends, be it three issues, six, or a dozen, I'll sit back down & read the entire story, like a novel. The good ones usually get read a couple more times. I have a great appreciation for the art form. There's really nothing else like it.

TheFordPrefect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheFordPrefect

I'm a new dad so I'm actually just starting to read again since the financial situation has stabilized and I was able to figure my budget correctly. I'm doing 12 currently since starting back. Right now I'm reading Winter Soldier, Earth 2, Batman, Wonder Woman, scarlet spider, Deadpool, Dial H(love chin mieville so I couldn't resist it), Xforce, Saga, Punisher, The Massive, I Vampire. I love my baby girl, but sometimes I miss buying the amount of comics I used to. I like the more limited list though. I can pay closer attention to specific titles that way.

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By jonEsherfey

Reading Batman, Action Comics, The Flash, and the Justice League. Going to start getting a marvel monthyl.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#62  Edited By Queso6p4

@chalkshark: Sounds like the way to do things. I'll have to give that a shot as I only re-read issues if I really like 'em or am updating/upgrading my books and happen to stumble across an issue that brings up good memories. Nice to hear you've really helped out your LCS too.