• 63 results
#1 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Edited by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

THEN IS SUPPOSED TO BE TEN ^^^^

So i posted this because i know not everyone reads the same amount. I personally read over 20 titles a month and what i dont read i read up on so that i am constantly in the know about both Marvel and DC and what's happening in their respective universes. And i read other ongoing series by other publishers as well.

Of course some just read trades and others only read Btman and Superman and the basics.

How much do you read?

#3 Posted by boschePG (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

I read all of them. My friend owns a comic book shop. I even read fanfic sites.

#4 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Slightly over 10 a month. But I get more than what I read, then I try to catch up when I get the time. Sometimes I get some older stuff too and read it, which makes it much more than 10 but usually it's just slightly over

#5 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm reading Superman, Aquaman, Supergirl, AvX, Nightwing, and Red Hood and the Outlaws.

#6 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14747 posts) - - Show Bio

I read 5-10

#7 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I read about 20 titles monthly, but I recently dropped a bunch so I'm not entirely sure.

#8 Posted by Trodorne (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a bit of a difference for me. I read all. but ongoing wise, you would have to check my pull list. which I need to update soon.

#9 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

C

unless I borrow.

#10 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne: i feel you there, there are about five to six books coming out soon i need to put on my pull list as well. That puts my number around 30ish a month. I can not, however, read all. Too expensive, and i don't believe in torrenting comics.

I will torrent anything else but i feel like the Comic Print Industry needs all the customer action it can get.

#11 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

im reading batman,batman and robin,action comics,swamp thing,and aquaman.

ill start reading superman when it gets good

#12 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5469 posts) - - Show Bio

I pushed 3-5 but now that I think of it, it's definitely more like 5-10 per month.

#13 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

12 - 14

#14 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschePG said:

I read all of them. My friend owns a comic book shop. I even read fanfic sites.

Lucky

#15 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

I read some a little bit here and there, but I hardley read em at all.

#16 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX: Then why are you on this forum?

#17 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now I'm reading mostly DC and Image. The only Marvel books I read are Scarlet Spider and Winter Soldier, although I am seriously considering picking up Venom, Daredevil and Punisher.

From DC, I'm reading Batman, Aquaman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Nightwing and Red Hood and the Outlaws

#18 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still shocked at the guy who says he doesn't even read comics.

#19 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seven titles I get every month, but I pick up trades and back issues every now and again so I tend to read more than just the ones on my pull list.

#20 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm reading Justice League, The Flash, Action Comics, Batman, Green Lantern, Batman Incorporated, Earth 2, and Uncanny X-Men (which will soon be replaced with Uncanny Avengers on my subscription list)

#21 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Romulus9000 said:

@TERMINATORXX: Then why are you on this forum?

To respond to the question of the thread.

#22 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of you should check out the Best of the month poll next month...

#23 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Over ten at the moment. Urgh, I really need to cut down on them, but it will be a very tough decision to which ones I drop. Probably Smallville and Justice League (just get the trades) and most likely World's Finest.

#24 Posted by DDangelico (221 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to limit myself to twenty a month, my wallet can only take so much punishment. After that if I want to add something, I've got to drop something (which is always painful and a bit sad). :-P

#25 Posted by Billy Batson (58070 posts) - - Show Bio

Been reading 10-20 issues a day this summer. There have been days when I haven't read anything though.
BB

#26 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX: Wait, i didn't mean this specific thread i meant why are you on Comic Vine if you dont read comics?

#27 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Romulus9000 said:

@TERMINATORXX: Wait, i didn't mean this specific thread i meant why are you on Comic Vine if you dont read comics?

I like debating characters and some threads on the battle forums use movie versions of characters.

#28 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX: Remind me to never listen to your opinion on anything ever for the rest of my stay on this website.

#29 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Romulus9000 said:

@TERMINATORXX: Remind me to never listen to your opinion on anything ever for the rest of my stay on this website.

Ok if I ever see that user name responding to me with a different opinion even though I know little from other users on this site, i'll remind you " I hardley read comics and im a movie freak more than a comic, dont listen to a word I say. "

#30 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading alot of currents untill about 9-12 months ago. New 52 gave me a good place to stop buying currents. I was disappointed with the direction they were taking the charecters in plus I was getting married so money was getting a little tight. Now that I have come back to reading I tend to read more trades and collect back issues of older runs. I am reading the Before the Watchmen stuff though. So yeah.

#31 Posted by spidergirl2012 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

15 - 20 a month. Wish i had the time to read more.

BB's Wife

#32 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7841 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately I'm down to 2 due to limited fundage at the moment :/

#33 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: What do you mean?

#34 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

I read almost too many. Sometimes I don't get around to reading all of them until the next batch is out. I read waaaay more than 10 a month. I pretty sure I read more than 10 every week.

#35 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@Romulus9000 said:

@The Poet: What do you mean?

I do a monthly poll called the Best of the Month poll (the current one just ended and shortly I'll have the results up when I fix some ties and get some images).

I'll probably send the people who commented on this thread pms to see if I can get them to participate...

#36 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

I do a monthly poll called the Best of the Month poll (the current one just ended and shortly I'll have the results up when I fix some ties and get some images).

I'll probably send the people who commented on this thread pms to see if I can get them to participate...

Dang. I missed the window. I do like voting in these, but I guess I waited too long this time.

#37 Posted by Duncan (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

Now and then I'll get a couple of trades.

#38 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

I limit my monthly pull list to 20 titles. Plus I will read a trade or two. And my comic shop will often gather up a mini series and sell them together at a marked down price and I usually pick one of those every month. Last month was Mystery Men (Marvel) by David Liss, it was very good by the way. This month I picked up Wolverine and the X-Men (Marvel) by Brian Wood, haven't had a chance to read it yet but I like Woods other stuff so I'm thinking I will like it.

#39 Posted by 3Blue_Star (191 posts) - - Show Bio

I read around 4-5 comics a month or more, it depends

#40 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: right on, sounds cool.

#41 Posted by chalkshark (1190 posts) - - Show Bio

Between 60 & 70, depending on mini-series.

#42 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm currently getting 7 (Batman, Batman and Robin, Nightwing, Justice League, Axe Cop, Earth 2, and Hawkeye), but I'm planning on cutting Batman and Robin, and Nightwing after their zero issues, and Axe Cop is a mini. So, after September, 4.

#43 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Around 10 -14

#44 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

3 to 5. I dont have enough green to buy them.

#45 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

This caught on better than i thought it would.

#46 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Used to be a casual reader...the new 52 changed that. I guess I read about 8-10 titles a month.

#47 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't read any of them reliably because of lack of funds, but I try to read Deathstroke, Batman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Teen Titans, Batman and Robin, AvX, and Avengers vs. X-men (battle series), and I've read a few comics from Superman, Supergirl, Batman the Dark Knight, Earth 2, Birds of Prey, Batwing, and Red Hood and the Outlaws.

I'd like to start reading (more often, at least) Superman, Supergirl, Superboy, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps., and Justice League, but there's no way I can catch and keep up with all those series at once.

#48 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

The essentials in my list are Batman, Green lantern, New guardians, Flash and Justice league. I'm thinking the amount I read may change to 12-15 as I really want to start reading demon knights, teen titans and superman among others. Superman man comics seem a little dry at the moment, I'm just hoping for a major superman villian to appear.

#49 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Right now I'm reading mostly DC and Image. The only Marvel books I read are Scarlet Spider and Winter Soldier, although I am seriously considering picking up Venom, Daredevil and Punisher.

From DC, I'm reading Batman, Aquaman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Nightwing and Red Hood and the Outlaws

From Marvel, Daredevil, Hawkeye, and Amazing Spiderman are great ATM.

#50 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm currently reading 7 series, soon to be 6 since one of them is a mini, but that could increase drastically by Marvel NOW!

I might have to drop a couple to pick up a couple, I'm not exactly rolling in the dough at the moment.