#1 Posted by daviegourevitch (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering what people think about how much time has gone by in the marvel universe. I'm guessing only about twenty years from fantastic four #1 to now. What does everyone else think? And I'm sorry if this should be in a different forum, but It didn't fit anywhere else.

#2 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

15-20 assuming that the FF was about 20 years old at the time that makes them all 34-40 today. Peter Parker was probably about 15-17 years old so 15-20 makes him 30-37 years old today.

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

The same amount of time has passed in the comics as it has in real life, otherwise there would have been no 9/11 in the comic books for at least another decade

#4 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol it's called a sliding time scale......that means that every year that passes the original 'in comic' date moves up a year...So the FF origin would be in the 90's or so today.

#5 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enosisik said:

15-20 assuming that the FF was about 20 years old at the time that makes them all 34-40 today. Peter Parker was probably about 15-17 years old so 15-20 makes him 30-37 years old today.

I more or less think so.

Now of course they bend time around some characters to keep them up and running. There are also a few retcons and various tricks (Cap under the ice, nick Fury with his youth serum etc...)

#6 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@/docfatalis/.. Right .. It kinda has to be that way to make sense of things.. In real time Aunt May would be like 100 years or older.. Magneto and Prof X would be in their 60's or 70's like in the movies..