How legend of Korra could be/could have been better

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whoisme

Many of us like Legend of Korra, but I'm pretty no one thinks it holds a candle to the original (if you disagree please feel free to explain why). Here is a place to talk about how Legend of Korra has erred in the past and it could be improved in the future.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing I thought they should have done was make it that Amon was possesed by Vaatu. It would explain how he survived the blizzard, why he said that his power came from spirits and serve to make him a far more badass and intriguing villain than either Amon or Unalaq turned out to be. Also it would have been a great transition into the next season.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

IMO some things were wrong

Benders arent as powerful with their natural element

Amons skills seemed a little out of the depth of benders other than the avatar

None of the older benders seem very powerful

Things I do like

Backstories

Origin stories

Spiritual connections

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main problem with the series is that since each season is its own stand-alone story, the show ends up being poorly paced. I love what they are doing though, by endowing many characters with air, we have a potential for many great things in the future, especially if we have another Avatar cartoon (unlikely, but I hope so).

However, the fact remains. Hardly anything that happens in that show has any emotional consequences for our characters, or the inhabitants of Republic City. Out of the 3 stories we are getting so far, the first one with Amon had the most potential, and it was in my opinion, the most interesting. But then the last few episodes happened. If that arc would have been 2 seasons long, we would have been served a much better story.

For example, what happens after Amon is taken down? Why didn't we see any reaction from the city after that whole ordeal? Just because the posterboy for fantastic racism is gone doesn't mean the issue must end, and swept under the rug. And I wish we could have had more Noatok/Tarrlok dynamism.

Tis a shame, though. Doesn't mean I don't like the show though.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twentyfive: This is true. None of the villains/stories change the characters in any meaningful way.

Also, how is the bender vs non-bender conflict no longer an issue? We saw the way benders treat people who don't have the same powers and can't accept the fact that the problem left with Amon. Benders were commiting crimes before he came around.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme: Yep, it's too bad. I know this is a little bit off-topic here, but if they ever do make a new Nick Avatar movie, it should either be Avatar Wan's story or the second season of Korra. That whole Vaatu vs. Raava thing would be great for movie-goers.

I would rather see it in Korra's time because her lifetime seems way more interesting than Wan's, even though those were two of the best episodes in that season..

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twentyfive: It seems like it would be much easier to make a movie about Legend of Korra because it's smaller to begin with

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think part of the problem is that Season 1 was meant be a miniseries, seasons 2, 3 and 4 weren't planned when it was written. How could they connect it to an upcoming season if they didn't know whether or not it would exist? Season 2 and 3 feel more connected and Season 4 will will probably be connected to season 3 in some way.

I've actually been enjoying Legend of Korra more overall, but thats just me.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: I want to say that they should have at least connected future seasons to the first, but I can imagine the difficulty as a writer.

I also enjoy Legend of Korra. I'm just saying that for me, and I believe most people, the quality was not up to the standard of the original.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@whoisme said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: I want to say that they should have at least connected future seasons to the first, but I can imagine the difficulty as a writer.

I also enjoy Legend of Korra. I'm just saying that for me, and I believe most people, the quality was not up to the standard of the original.

There really isn't much to connect though, Tarlock and Amon were killed off, so no chance of a major returning villain. Hiroshi Sato was thrown in jail, and the lieutenant was just a background character. The only thing they would have to connect was the equalist movement which was probably dealt in between season 1 and 2. Even if they did want to carry the equalist movement over for another season, it would probably get a little stale and repetitive for being the exact same issue as the season before it.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I like LoK (need to catch up with the second season). The female protagonist and steampunk aesthetic are really pleasing to me. Making KorrAsami a canon pairing would probably improve it, of course, but we all know that isn't gonna happen. The day we get LGBT characters (besides negatively-portrayed, comic relief crossdressers like Him) in our cartoons, will truly be the day when the cries of the religious zealots fall on naught but deaf ears.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

To be frank I didn't like airbender till half way into book 2. I dislike Aang and Sokka is probably one my least favorite characters

I liked Korra from day one.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KidPhillip

S3 is the best season so far

Also I can't think of anything but more(and longer) flashbacks of toph make the show 1000x better and maybe a actual appearance from her