How is Robert Venditti's Green Lantern?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

It's probably too early to ask this question but I wanted know other people's opinion on the current run.

What's the difference between Geoff Johns' run and Robert Venditti's run ? Is it good ?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i'd like to know too...bump

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

It's good so far, It's not blowing me away but it's good. I was actually getting bored with Johns towards the end of his run so I welcomed the creative change and i'm giving it a good solid chance.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BR_Havoc

I read the first two issues it was average but he seems to be building to another event. What bothers me is once again its DC attempting to corner you into buying multiple books to understand what is going on.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its good and the new villain and cross over seem interesting if you like johns run this should be a good substitute

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

It is normal.It's not brilliant because there have been only three issues but it will become better probably.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Less than a handful of issues in, I'm enjoying it.

Avatar image for apparatus_unearth
Apparatus_Unearth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel like it's still kind of ramping up but it's good.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Its fairly good in my opinion. I wasn't the hugest fan of John's GL, so I guess there isn't much for me to compare it to. I recommend it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nothing spectacular yet because not enough issues have been out but I am enjoying it. Lights Out will be a good judging point.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#12  Edited By Extremis

@ccraft: @life_without_progress:

It's good. V-Ditti (as us fanboys call him) is one of my favorite writers. I like what he's doing with the title thus far.

Its hard to compare anyone to Geoff Johns when it comes to Green Lantern because the dude redefined the whole universe. He took GL and made it arguably DC's biggest title. The new and young fanbase for GL being so big now is all because of johns' mythology building.

That being said, V-Ditti is probably the best choice to carry the torch. He knows how to pay respect to what came before, yet forge ahead with his own ideas creating new intersting stories. Johns laid out the groundwork, now V-Ditti has a big sandbox with which to have fun and tons of avenues to explore that Johns didnt. V-Ditti is a great, epic storyteller. So it seems its going for that grand type epic with GL. For those who don't know, read his X-O Manowar as proof.

I hope this helps without giving much away. Basically if you're a GL fan you're lucky to follow up Johns with V-Ditti. The dude knows how to keep his readers happy.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He hasn't really impressed me so far, he adequate I guess but I'm not exactly excited for Lights Out