How is Luke Skywalker so powerful? Powers and abilities?

wert1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

People been saying he can beat Superman. Why?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they are wrong :)

wert1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wert1000

@matteopg: Yeah, But what do you know about Skywalker?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wert1000: what everybody knows by the movies, plus some feats from the comic books and the NJO books.

Superman's comic books are from a completely different genre: one is sci-fi superhero stories, with incredible godlike powers being ordinary, the other is straight up sci-fi with some foreign elements thrown in, but even the most powerful character could never do anything similar to what Superman does.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm guessing because he has pseudo-psychic powers and has been shown in the EU closing down some small black holes? (From what I remember, nor exactly sure thought)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: Do you even understand the power of the force

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I do, really. But we have seen some feats from Superman's comics that make the stuff in SW pale.

Since we are familiar with it, imagine the scene. If Supes were to take a ship with Skywalker on it, he would already be at an advantage because he is an amazingly small object with a capacity for manoeuvres that is not even comparable to the ones of spaceships and can fly at the speed of light, or just under.
The Jedi would never be able to come close to him. We have seen that it takes some serious concentration to affect an object at a distance with the Force.

Same would go if they were on land. Superman can crash local protions of the Earth's crust, cause earthquakes, throw boulders of several tons at blinding speed many miles away... I don't see Luke being able to stand up to that for long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: I'm gonna have to agree. It takes too much concentration and time to handle large objects with the force and supermans speed would overcome Luke. Assuming force speed is slower than superman which it probably is.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MatteoPG

@jayc1324: I think it depends more on the time it takes the user to concentrate, and while the Force is obiously impressive, we have seen that it take some time.

We have seen some amazing feats, though, so I would give it cleanly to supes only if he was one-on-one with Skywalker. If he did have a lot of Jedi's to battle the thing would become harder to declare.

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has a really high midichlorian count

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MatteoPG

Uh, how cool would it be if Superman could use the Force!

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I don't know if he could beat Superman but I think Luke could hold his own for a while. His midi-chlorian count is at least over 9000 :)

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Became one with the force and kicked the sh!t out of the Yuuzhan Vong, TP feats on par with Charles

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@matteopg:

Nonsense.

Luke has procssed info in a nanosecond and used his powers in nanoseconds spand...Superman is not faster then Luke in COMBAT neither is he fighting of the telepathy of someone who is on par with a telepath that can mind slave 20 billion and have Galaxy/trans-demensional level telepathy.

Several less powerful telepathic oppenets have turned Superman head into a toilet. (Hector Hammond, Gorrila Grodd, Deuce;etc) Luke would do the same.

Not to mention Luke could make himself completely invisible and undetectable in the via Force Immersion, or beat him up with TK (Luke has been able to manipulate Black Holes, crush/rebuild mountain sized structures, and hold up an ISD)

sammysalsa8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sammysalsa8

@dccomicsrule2011: where or what media is Luke so powerful in? I'm only familiar with the movies. I'd like to see this! Sounds interesting!

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@sammysalsa8: Most of those feats are from several NJO books.

I have the qoutes to most of them if you like?

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Force is quite powerful from making worm holes to destroy fleets of ships or level planets, to causing a star to go supernova, to just simply drain the life out of someone(which that would pose a problem for Superman), however as much as I like Luke and how powerful he has become Superman is just way too fast for Luke.