Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@buttersdaman000 said:
@truth_teller said:

So you have no proof. Got ya.

Lol do you even dbz?

It sounds easy for you, so just post the proof that theres only 4 galaxies in dbz. should be easy for you since you DBZ

Asking for proof of the 4 galaxies is like asking for proof that Batman is Bruce Wayne. But, since I now know that you don't DBZ, I apologize for assuming otherwise.

http://magikarp46.com/dragonball/guidebooks/07-worldview.php

No Caption Provided

I was gonna go through the manga as well, but that would've taken far too long.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@truth_teller said:

Lol do you even dbz?

It sounds easy for you, so just post the proof that theres only 4 galaxies in dbz. should be easy for you since you DBZ

Asking for proof of the 4 galaxies is like asking for proof that Batman is Bruce Wayne. But, since I now know that you don't DBZ, I apologize for assuming otherwise.

No Caption Provided

where is this image from? is it from toriyama?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheMan44

@kaijukinggojira:

Unbelievable

This all took place when beerus locked old Kai away in the sword RATHER THAN DESTROY THE KIOSHEN REALM. This all took place 79 million years ago. The text clearly said that beerus trapped old Kai in the sword BECAUSE IT WOULD BE UNPROPER TO DESTROY THE KIOSHEN REALM.

this all took place 70 million years ago when old Kai was sealed int the sword.

But I guess you wouldn't understand that so let me make it easier for you to understand.

Beerus: old Kai you made me mad.

Old Kai: oh no are you going to destroy the kosher realm

Beerus: of course not that would be improper I'll just seal you in a sword for 70 million years until some idiot breaks it. But remember I can still do it

70 MILLION YEARS LATER

Gohan: oops I broke the sword hey look an old guy.

Old Kai: beerus put me in here and he was pretty strong. Not as strong as the guy your fighting though.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Blade_R

Lmaoooo I KNEW this would happen! I always joked that IF a Dragon Ball character ever could be argued as possibly being universal that people would then try to argue that a universe in Dragon Ball is smaller than a regular one lol what a joke

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@theman44 said:

@kaijukinggojira:

Unbelievable

This all took place when beerus locked old Kai away in the sword RATHER THAN DESTROY THE KIOSHEN REALM. This all took place 79 million years ago. The text clearly said that beerus trapped old Kai in the sword BECAUSE IT WOULD BE UNPROPER TO DESTROY THE KIOSHEN REALM.

this all took place 70 million years ago when old Kai was sealed int the sword.

But I guess you wouldn't understand that so let me make it easier for you to understand.

Beerus: old Kai you made me mad.

Old Kai: oh no are you going to destroy the kosher realm

Beerus: of course not that would be improper I'll just seal you in a sword for 70 million years until some idiot breaks it. But remember I can still do it

70 MILLION YEARS LATER

Gohan: oops I broke the sword hey look an old guy.

Old Kai: beerus put me in here and he was pretty strong. Not as strong as the guy your fighting though.

No Caption Provided

For the love of god refer to the comment stated previously. You are aggressively stubborn, just read it please actually read it. All of it.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@truth_teller said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@truth_teller said:

Lol do you even dbz?

No Caption Provided

It's from Daizenshuu 7

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Lmaoooo I KNEW this would happen! I always joked that IF a Dragon Ball character ever could be argued as possibly being universal that people would then try to argue that a universe in Dragon Ball is smaller than a regular one lol what a joke

It's not our fault AT set up his universe that way lol

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By micah007123

@buttersdaman000 said:
@blade_r said:

To be fair do we have any idea how large the galaxies in the DBZ Universe are? There are only 4 but where does it say they are all the size of the milky way? From the text I've seen personally I've been convinced they are much larger than a standard galaxy size we are all thinking (Milky Way), just because the universe is only made of 4 galaxies it doesn't mean they are all tiny @blade_r

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

I know its not your fault, please don't blame yourself ;)

So are the DBU's galaxies smaller too then? Or are they normal sized?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@blade_r said:

To be fair do we have any idea how large the galaxies in the DBZ Universe are? There are only 4 but where does it say they are all the size of the milky way? From the text I've seen personally I've been convinced they are much larger than a standard galaxy size we are all thinking (Milky Way), just because the universe is only made of 4 galaxies it doesn't mean they are all tiny @blade_r

Damn I didn't see your post, I was thinking the same thing tbh.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:
@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@blade_r said:

Is it the Daizenshuu or another databook that states the galaxies are "infinitely expanding"? I've seen that statement about the galaxies numerous times, which leads me to believe they possibly are extremely large if they've been constantly expanding.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: i dont know what that is or if its canon.

It an official DBZ guidebook that people like to use as proof of certain statements like Cell being a solar system buster. I made a thread about it's infallibility earlier over the usage of kili and power levels and their correlation with planet busting.

@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@blade_r said:

To be fair do we have any idea how large the galaxies in the DBZ Universe are? Their are only 4 but where does it say they are all the size of the milky way? From the text I've seen personally I've been convinced they are much larger than a standard galaxy size we are all thinking (Milky Way), just because the universe is only made of 4 galaxies it doesn't mean they are all tiny @blade_r

That's true. We don't know their actual sizes, but like the dbz earth, the default is just to assume their galaxies resemble ours. But, I can't prove it completely though.

However....AT did base the solar system off our own...

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@blade_r said:

I know its not your fault, please don't blame yourself ;)

So are the DBU's galaxies smaller too then? Or are they normal sized?

I default at milky way (ours) which is actually a pretty big galaxy.

@micah said:
@blade_r said:
@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@blade_r said:

Is it the Daizenshuu or another databook that states the galaxies are "infinitely expanding"? I've seen that statement about the galaxies numerous times, which leads me to believe they possibly are extremely large if they've been constantly expanding.

I saw that too, but I don't think it can be used to determine size since we don't know the rate of expansion. IIRC Beerus had a pretty fast travel feat spanning hundreds of thousands of light years. If that's true, then one could easily argue for the north galaxy being larger than ours.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: That's a fair point. I really would like to know the rate of expansion to find an accurate measurement. DBS should clear up the matter soon though you know with different universes coming into play lol.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira:

Yes or no beerus could have destroyed 1/5 the universe when he sealed away old Kai when he was weaker than buu?

So your telling me that beerus has not gotten stronger from that time period. Old Kai even said he was weaker than buu when he could do this. Beerus is now THOUSANDS OF TIMES STRONGER THAN THAT. Yet you are telling me he still can't destroy more than 1/5 our universe. Please tell me how someone can get so much more powerful but not increase their destructive capability.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@buttersdaman000: That's a fair point. I really would like to know the rate of expansion to find an accurate measurement. DBS should clear up the matter soon though you know with different universes coming into play lol.

Yeah hopefully. It would certainly end a lot of these circular debates lol

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

Oh those are the worst. Having to have a debate within a debate on multiple circular topics is killer.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By buttersdaman000

@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:

Oh those are the worst. Having to have a debate within a debate on multiple circular topics is killer.

Tell me about it lol I need to learn to stop myself from getting dragged into them haha

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:

Tell me about it lol I need to learn to stop myself from getting dragged into them haha

lol you'll look up and find that you've wasted the day away XD

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:

Sad thing is i've done that more than a few times lol

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:

Sad thing is i've done that more than a few times lol

Same

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a universe buster in the DBZ universe, but that only translates to multi Galaxy level in comics.

No one has ever been able to prove there are more than 4 galaxies and arguing otherwise based in semantics alone is a horrible argument lol

When was it ever stated in canon that the DBZ universe only has 4 Galaxies though? I don't remember that in the manga at all. I thought it was only in the non-canon movies and the Other World Tournament filler arc?

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Imperfect_Cell

@buttersdaman000: Encyclopedias are always inaccurate. And the one you're using is outdated. Dragon Ball is like any other franchise. It's constantly expanding, and there's already been a retcon regarding the size of the Dragon Ball universe.

pls git gud

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: @valarmelkor: IIRC King Kai specifically said north "Galaxy" when he was talking to guru during the Goku vs Freiza fight. That was probably the first mention and since then every other mention has pretty much followed that same pattern.

@imperfectcell

People still use the daizenshuus though....and when was it retconned??

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Tell me, where exactly does Beerus' realm exist in that picture? It doesn't, because BoG, Revival of F, and Super have retconned the Dragon Ball Universe.

The Daizenshuus are outdated, that means anyone that uses their info is using faulty logic, including you.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I'll just leave this here

It delves more into the galaxies in the db universe

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11656

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Tell me, where exactly does Beerus' realm exist in that picture? It doesn't, because BoG, Revival of F, and Super have retconned the Dragon Ball Universe.

The Daizenshuus are outdated, that means anyone that uses their info is using faulty logic, including you.

Thank you

I've been trying to get at least one person to admit that for months now.

@dbzk1999 said:

@buttersdaman000: I'll just leave this here

It delves more into the galaxies in the db universe

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11656

That link still basically says there are 4 galaxies

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell:

But i'm pretty sure its been stated a few times that Beerus temple is located somewhere in the living universe. So that scan doesn't actually contradict anything if i'm right.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Imperfect_Cell

@buttersdaman000 said:

@imperfect_cell:

But i'm pretty sure its been stated a few times that Beerus temple is located somewhere in the living universe. So that scan doesn't actually contradict anything if i'm right.

Proof?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Cuz he's mo'f**kin Beerus, that's how.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@buttersdaman000: no, it doesn't, it specifically notes on how it could be with north galaxy or north galaxies(and so on and so forth)

Not being definitive, but it's hard to tell for a fact which is correct (how many galaxies there are)

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Shenron007

the interview of akira toriyama is stating that the dbz universe is limitless and ever expanding so regardelles of 4 galaxies / quadrants or multiple other galaxies the fact is I is either the size of our universe or much bigger as it is limitless and ever expanding.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000 said:

@imperfect_cell:

Proof?

I was thinking about planet beerus in the preview chapter and how it's obvious he doesn't live in the kaios realm, but I couldn't find any real proof. However, apparently the chozenshuu's, released in 2013, are updated versions of the daizenshuus with a little extra info added. In it, the three main realms remain the same as always -- "heaven", "kaioshin", and "living". If you go by this, one could argue that the scan I posted remains relevant and Beerus's planet is located somewhere within it, or the the snow globe interpretation of the universe. Also, every wiki I look up states the planet is in the living realm as well so take that as you will.

But, I like the notion that daizenshuu/chozenshuus are irrelevant so lets just go with that. Still, you haven't told me exactly when the size was retconned, or how big it is now? Simply beginning a new canon does not make the DBZ universe any bigger than it was before. The only difference now is that I can't "PROVE" it's as big as it was before, but neither can you prove it's bigger. So, what did you gather from the retcon specifically?? And can you prove it?

@dbzk1999 said:

@buttersdaman000: no, it doesn't, it specifically notes on how it could be with north galaxy or north galaxies(and so on and so forth)

Not being definitive, but it's hard to tell for a fact which is correct (how many galaxies there are)

It simply states the lack of plurals "may" have lead to confusion over the size of the dbz universe....that's it. You don't base arguments on "maybes". Still, I think it's a weak argument since plurals are clearly used throughout the manga.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I think it was the Kais who implied that Beerus had destroyed a cluster of galaxies, meaning there's more than 4.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I think it was the Kais who implied that Beerus had destroyed a cluster of galaxies, meaning there's more than 4.

An argument based on semantic is weak and another user already posted the original translation earlier. It didn't even mention galaxies.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Imperfect_Cell

@buttersdaman000 said:
@imperfect_cell said:

An argument based on semantic is weak and another user already posted the original translation earlier. It didn't even mention galaxies.

Well **** for me not accepting a quote with no source.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

There is more then 4 galaxies. Their are 4 Quadrants of the universe. Its not the same thing at all. This is from Star Trek, but its a good way to imagine it. The size of the universe is pretty un-quantifiable. But there is far more then 4 galaxies.

The best rep of the size of DBZ universe is that in The Nameless Namekians ship it took 3 seconds to fly to Jupiter

It took weeks to get to Namek and it was in the same quadrant. Based on the calculations o the link below based on our current universe, Namek would have been in a different galaxy due to the distance away.

DBZ earth also has much better tech, and with its current tech would have taken almost 5000 years to get to Namek.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25990

Again all this is just speculation, but DBZ universe clearly is not just 4 galaxies, at least not galaxies in real world sense.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

fanboyism

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: Final time saying this. Please understand I am not trying to be rude here but...

TORIYAMA WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS CURRENT POWER HE WAS TALKING IN NOT PAST TENSE.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@truth_teller said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@truth_teller said:

Lol do you even dbz?

No Caption Provided

It's from Daizenshuu 7

This proves my point about the four galaxies I just didn't know it was from the Daizenshuu and I didn't use it.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Shenron007

Chozenzu 1 gives all the needed details