How I would solve the GL issue for the Justice League movie.

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlueArrow

So the big issue for the JL movie is which Green Lantern should we use. Hal or John. we have the actual first human GL, or the one that adds diversity to the movie and is well known thanks to the Justice League/Unlimited TV series. There is also the issue of the recent Green Lantern movie and them wanting to reboot it. Here's how I would do it:

Now I don't know exactly if this movie takes place with the formation of the league, or if they are already formed, but regardless, I would have the movie use John Stewart.

(Hold On Hold On! What about HAL!!!!!!) I'm getting to that. I would have Hal be a Green Lantern in the movie, but he is not on Earth, and as Hal is an older and more respected lantern, Hal deal with more of the major GL issues such as universal doom and major GL threats, while John is mostly centered on Earth and deals with Earth threats. This provides a good explanation as to why Earth has 2 Green Lanterns as Hal is not just some regular Lantern and deals with the bigger issues.

If the league is forming in this movie, I would have there be passing references to this with maybe the flash says something like, "I thought the Green Lantern was white" or "What happened to the other guy" and John would reply with "He's moved on to bigger and better things" implying all I've said above.

This solves so many issues. diversity somewhat, The Hal vs. John issue,with them both sort-of in the movie. Also using John Stewart as a second GL takes care of rebooting Hal Jordan with a new actor or new personality, as that movie could practically remain in continuity with JL taking place years later. This could also lead way for the actual GL movie to do what the Iron man movies did where they had it central around John Stewart and as movie 1 is an earth threat and Hal Jordan is only a background character offering advice and debating with the guardian for Johns favor. But in the much higher stakes second movie, They team up to take down some major universal threat, like in Iron man with War Machine.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

get dc on the phone, stat!

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds good to me

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I've also read around that some comic fans think that basing the film on 'New Frontier' would give us both a JL film and reboot GL

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I hope DC uses this idea...

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sounds like a plan little man. I dug the use of Stewart in the JL cartoon so I approve.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice idea.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Hal. I'd want him to be the only GL in the movie.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lilben42

That's a cool way to handle it. I was thinking Hal and John could be partners and Hal leaves to do something leaving John guarding Earth.

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

That's a cool way to handle it. I was thinking Hal and John could be partners and Hal leaves to do something leaving John guarding Earth.

Yeah, that's kinda what I am saying. You need one for JL movie just for a better balance, but i can see them both being in the GL movie, when their story can be better fleshed out.

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've also read around that some comic fans think that basing the film on 'New Frontier' would give us both a JL film and reboot GL

I doubt it, but that would be really crazy!

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Kal'smahboi

That sounds fine. I think keeping Hal would be better, but if that's a deal breaker, this idea is pretty good.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I'm fine with this. I'm also fine if they acted like Hal never existed.

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can people be so attached to Hal Jordan? He's the most generic archetypal stock hero character ever.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I'm fine with this. I'm also fine if they acted like Hal never existed.

This. I would make John the main GL in both franchises. If Hal were to continue on film, I would have John be the leader of a part of the corps (the Iron Man) and Hal would be his partner (the War Machine). Or I'd make Hal his older advisor, like Ben Kenobi was to Luke Skywalker.

Good thread. Just worried the OP might overdo it and make John seem like an inferior lantern. Good ideas though.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Meh I'd prefer Hal in all honesty. John hasn't shown as being able to hold a franchise like Hal can. Still good proposal for John Stewart as a Green Lantern!

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good idea, but I wouldn't mind if they just forgot that terrible Green Lantern movie ever happened haha