How I Met Your Mother Ending

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How I Met Your Mother Ending (23 votes)

Loved it 13%
Liked it 9%
Eh.. 13%
It was OK but I was sad 26%
I hated it 39%
All of the Above 0%
None of the Above 0%

*** Warning Spoilers Ahead ***

So I watched the ending of HIMYM and I didn't hate it but I wanted better of the show because it was always my favorite show but I mean it was acceptable, I kinda knew that Ted would end up with Robin and I was rooting for that until Season 9 where Barney and Robin finnaly got married and Ted met Tracy who I really liked, I was also upset that Barney and Robin got divorced but it was kinda good since Barmey had a baby, I'm also upset that the Gang kinda lost interest in each other over time, and I am most disappointed by killing off Tracy, but I guess the fans always wanted a Ted and Robin marriage and wanted to make the fans happy. So my question is are you happy with the ending? Or do you wish Barney and Robin stayed together, adopted a kid, and Ted and Tracy grew old together?

• 
KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't this be in off topic?

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittyparker13: sorry, I didn't think about that I was already on Gen. Discussion and I thought it would work

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackjack390: It's cool haha I'm not a mod. Sorry for derailing your thread.

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hated the whole last season.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

It rendered the last two(or three) seasons useless so yeah I certaintly didn't love it. Plus we never actually saw Ted with the mother, they disposed of her very quickly.
I guess it was just OK for me.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I loved it. I think throughout the show we already knew that Ted will never stop loving Robin and I thought it was great that they finally got to be together in the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I loved it. I think throughout the show we already knew that Ted will never stop loving Robin and I thought it was great that they finally got to be together in the end.

Same.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Hated it. For a show that was seemingly about optimism and finding true love, it turned out to have such a lame, dark ending.

Mother gets built up over years and years only to be killed off; Ted's never allowed to grow up, since he never gets over Robin; the dynamic of the gang gets broken.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It wasn't bad after I watched it a few more times and realized it was always leading to Ted and Robin getting together. I also really liked Cristin Milioti. I don't think they could've found anyone more perfect to play Ted's wife

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

I was surprised, but when I was watching the finale I was actually finding myself satisfied with how things were wrapping up. It’s been several years since I enjoyed watching the show but I really wanted to see how it ended because I liked the first few seasons so much, an continued to watch long after I stopped liking it. The dissolution of the group, or rather the group getting older and being around each other less often, was done pretty well, especially Robin moving on (though Lily’s constant whining was fairly annoying).

I never really cared about the mother plot line; I was interested in seeing who the mother would be but for me the show was just another sitcom about the lives of people in their late 20’s and 30’s. However, they did a really good job inserting the mother into the group. I really ended up liking her and felt appeased by the resolution to that story line, that is until they killer her off and did the whole Ted loves Robin thing again.

It’s strange, but I would have been happier if the show ended on a sad note with Ted’s comment about the mother getting sick, reading to her in the hospital bed and then her death. I wasn’t so surprised by the mother dying off, but I didn’t see the show ending with Ted getting back together with Robin, mainly because I just didn’t want it to happen.

I’ve never really liked Robin as a character so I’ve always been perplexed by the idea that other character’s were supposed to be head over heels in love with her. My ability to be engaged by the story was always compromised when the plot focused or refocused on Ted’s (or Barney’s) love for her. Every time Ted moved on from Robin, I became interested in the character again and when the show would go back to that well, I became disengaged.

In a way the mother only stood as a surrogate to fulfill the desires ingrained in Ted to get married, have kids and live the life he couldn’t with his true love Robin. The mother is essentially a proxy love interests to allow fulfillment of live goals for both Ted and Robin without either sacrificing their core desires, and then once those desires are satiated, she was removed from the story so the actual couple could reunite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IT WAS THE BEST ENDING EVA!!!

I HOPE EVERY TV SHOW ENDS LIKE THAT!!!

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Is what an idiot would say.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hated it, was completely inconsistent with what the season was building up to. Obvious that the writers had let the plot completely run away from them but still wanted to end the way they planned all the way back at the beginning.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It upset me quite a bit with whole Robin & Barney divorce, Mother killed off with "Mom's been gone for 6 years" the group starting to break up and ted randomly getting Robin