#1 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

How good is it, how well do the characters seem to fit in?

#2 Posted by Pokeysteve (8312 posts) - - Show Bio

If you mean JLA than pretty good. Arguably the best incarnation of the league.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you be more specific? Are you talking about the new JLA written by Geoff Johns, or are you talking about the old JLA written by Morrison?

#4 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Geoff Johns, sorrry should have posted. The new one. :P

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7491 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a pretty good series so far. I'd give the first issue 3.5/5. The characters don't really fit in but I think that's kind of the point. I'll be more interested once the book actually gets the team together, because the first issue was mostly just a lot of exhibition on the characters. So far, my favorite character appearances have been Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Martian Manhunter.

#6 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: That endinnnng!

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not bad for a first issue. hopefully things get a little more exciting next month. especially with the Manhunter backup beginning

#8 Posted by Hiddensix (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Feels a lot like the suicide squad

#9 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hiddensix: Does it? I've never read SS but heard mediocre things..

#10 Posted by lightsout (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

I finally read it (saw this thread but had to stay away until I had) and I'm really looking forward to it developing. I REALLY love this new Martian Manhunter so far (I saw a little of him on Stormwatch, but the rest of the book didn't interest me so I dropped it). He seems much more confident & not afraid to throw his weight around than pre-52 Jonn (I really don't think I've said that yet, liking a new-52 character better than their pre-52 version). I had previously thought the MM-backup started right away, so I was a little disappointed there, but can't wait to read it next time. (If it wasn't clear, he's the main reason I'm very excited for this title, haha. If you subtracted him from the team, I probably would cae MUCH less). I can't wait to find out all the unspoken "reasons" dropped throughout the issue.

#11 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: And that ending! Did that not throw you for a loop!?

#12 Posted by lightsout (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtschemmel: And especially how it ties into the beginning parts. Gonna be a long-month, lol

#13 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: Ohh yeah, definitely left you hanging. And if you picked up Vibe, thats a really cliff hanger at the end there.

#14 Posted by lightsout (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtschemmel: How much would you recommend it? (All I know of Vibe is the old offensive stereotype of a character & what then was a very basic power-set)

#15 Posted by divad4686 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

MM makes it more than worth it.

#16 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@divad4686: Good ole MM, what would we do without him.

#17 Posted by Hiddensix (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtschemmel: sorta , except this one's made of heroes and SS is full of baddies