How good is Forever Evil?

Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just curious if its worth picking up or just one of those events not really worth a read

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think it's awesome :)

I personally highly recommend it, it's a been a great read. The story is engaging, dialogue and writing were usually pretty strong, and the art was good. It is especially nice if you are a big fan of DC's villains (specifically Lex Luthor, Black Manta, Captain Cold, Bizarro, Black Adam, and Sinestro) as story as it centers around them. Black Manta and Captain Cold are straight up badasses and became some of favorite DC villains because of this event. I really liked what Johns did with Luthor-he is written exceptionally well and the scenes where he interacts with Bizarro are some of my favorites.

I'd say just reading the main series is just fine. Although the Justice League title was pretty good in going more into depth with the Crime Syndicate (the evil Justice League). I also especially liked the Rogues Rebellion and Arkham War tie-ins.

The event did feel just a little bit slow in the middle (although this was mostly just due to the wait in between each issue, reading it consecutively will make it a lot better-lucky you) but the most recent issue moved things along nicely. The only thing that sucks is that there have been a lot of delays and we have to wait until the end of May until issue 7 comes out.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

I'm loving it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like it at first but after issue 6 I decided I love it. Definitely recommend it.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its enjoyable enough to buy

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been reading it all day. I was really enjoyed the initial issues and tie in's, but now it's beginning to get a little boring and I still have so many issues to read :/

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid 7 (8 if you are interested in Lex Luthor)

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordoftheNorth

would have liked it a whole lot more if Batman was locked away with the rest of the JL becuase how it is now i dont understand why they bothered add to the fact the whole thing is way to over blown with useless tie-ins that add nothing to the story (dont bother picking up JLA its just stargirl acking stupid for a couple issues)

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like it albeit i feel i liked trinity war more.