#1 Posted by dtschemmel (504 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just wondering how good DD is. I just recently purchased DD vol.1 on amazon for 8$. It that, good? Just help me out. :P Its issues 1-6.

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a steal. I personally love this series, but a lot of DD fans on here will tell you they hate it. It all depends what you want from the character: the carefree DD or the broody DD. Since I dig both, it doesn't really matter.

#3 Posted by dtschemmel (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I see your little picture over there... Is, that any good?

#4 Edited by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

What, Invincible? One of the best ongoings of all time.

#5 Posted by dtschemmel (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Hmmmm

#6 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read Daredevil but I must comment that I 2nd Invincible (I've been preaching it from the mountain tops since the users here convinced me to get into it). LOVE it.

#7 Posted by dtschemmel (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Would a...38$ 1-47 of invincible be good?

#8 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtschemmel said:

@Gambit1024: Would a...38$ 1-47 of invincible be good?

38$ for that amount of comics would be great for almost any title.

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtschemmel said:

@Gambit1024: Would a...38$ 1-47 of invincible be good?

Dude, that's less than a dollar an issue. Hell yeah that's good.

#10 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtschemmel: You should get invincible, and you purchased just fine with DD, from that point the stories get better and better until shadowland which is okay.

#11 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

That's a steal. I personally love this series, but a lot of DD fans on here will tell you they hate it. It all depends what you want from the character: the carefree DD or the broody DD. Since I dig both, it doesn't really matter.

Seriously? There are people who don't like Mark Waid's Daredevil...and they claim to be fans of the character!? That's ridiculous! His Daredevil is beyond excellent.

@dtschemmel: Anyways, yeah that's a great deal. By the way, the latest issue (#23) was a perfect jumping-on point for new readers if you want to start reading it in monthly solo issue form.

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

That's a steal. I personally love this series, but a lot of DD fans on here will tell you they hate it. It all depends what you want from the character: the carefree DD or the broody DD. Since I dig both, it doesn't really matter.

Seriously? There are people who don't like Mark Waid's Daredevil...and they claim to be fans of the character!? That's ridiculous! His Daredevil is beyond excellent.

Tell me about it. There's a whole thread dedicated for DD fans against Waid.

#13 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

That's a steal. I personally love this series, but a lot of DD fans on here will tell you they hate it. It all depends what you want from the character: the carefree DD or the broody DD. Since I dig both, it doesn't really matter.

Seriously? There are people who don't like Mark Waid's Daredevil...and they claim to be fans of the character!? That's ridiculous! His Daredevil is beyond excellent.

Tell me about it. There's a whole thread dedicated for DD fans against Waid.

Jesus. I don't know whether to post a picture of Captain Jean-Luc Picard doing a facepalm, or a picture of Professor Farnsworth saying "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." Decisions, decisions.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

That's a steal. I personally love this series, but a lot of DD fans on here will tell you they hate it. It all depends what you want from the character: the carefree DD or the broody DD. Since I dig both, it doesn't really matter.

Seriously? There are people who don't like Mark Waid's Daredevil...and they claim to be fans of the character!? That's ridiculous! His Daredevil is beyond excellent.

Tell me about it. There's a whole thread dedicated for DD fans against Waid.

Jesus. I don't know whether to post a picture of Captain Jean-Luc Picard doing a facepalm, or a picture of Professor Farnsworth saying "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." Decisions, decisions.

Like, I can understand why they don't like it. Truly, I do. I mean, the character's been consistently broody since Miller, so I completely understand why DD's change in tone could be intolerable for some... But to say that it's poorly-written is asinine. It's easily one of Marvel's best books right now.

#15 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: Always Farnsworth, always.

#16 Posted by ladymastermind (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I really haven't read very many DD comics, but I want to start. Daredevil is a really cool character and definitely on my top ten list.

#17 Posted by JakeN7 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

That's a steal. I personally love this series, but a lot of DD fans on here will tell you they hate it. It all depends what you want from the character: the carefree DD or the broody DD. Since I dig both, it doesn't really matter.

Seriously? There are people who don't like Mark Waid's Daredevil...and they claim to be fans of the character!? That's ridiculous! His Daredevil is beyond excellent.

Tell me about it. There's a whole thread dedicated for DD fans against Waid.

Jesus. I don't know whether to post a picture of Captain Jean-Luc Picard doing a facepalm, or a picture of Professor Farnsworth saying "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." Decisions, decisions.

Like, I can understand why they don't like it. Truly, I do. I mean, the character's been consistently broody since Miller, so I completely understand why DD's change in tone could be intolerable for some... But to say that it's poorly-written is asinine. It's easily one of Marvel's best books right now.

Well that calms me a bit. I can sympathize with someone who believes their beloved heros are being mischaracterized, but I honestly don't think that's the case with Daredevil. Since when did a fresh take on a character equate to poor writing? Ridiculous.

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@JakeN7: Always Farnsworth, always.

You're right. The Patrick Stewart one is probably older and is definitely more overused.

That's better
#18 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

The two series I'm always pushing (well, trying to) on folks that I think should sell better are Daredevil and Wonder Woman. Both of them new approaches to older characters. Don't get me wrong...I loved the Frank Miller Daredevil, and always will, but Waid is an excellent story-teller, and his Daredevil takes a backseat to no one's.

#19 Edited by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL