How good is DareDevil

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dtschemmel

Im just wondering how good DD is. I just recently purchased DD vol.1 on amazon for 8$. It that, good? Just help me out. :P Its issues 1-6.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

That's a steal. I personally love this series, but a lot of DD fans on here will tell you they hate it. It all depends what you want from the character: the carefree DD or the broody DD. Since I dig both, it doesn't really matter.

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dtschemmel

@Gambit1024: I see your little picture over there... Is, that any good?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

What, Invincible? One of the best ongoings of all time.

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dtschemmel

@Gambit1024: Hmmmm

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By lightsout

I haven't read Daredevil but I must comment that I 2nd Invincible (I've been preaching it from the mountain tops since the users here convinced me to get into it). LOVE it.

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dtschemmel

@Gambit1024: Would a...38$ 1-47 of invincible be good?

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Dreadmaster

@dtschemmel said:

38$ for that amount of comics would be great for almost any title.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

@dtschemmel said:

Dude, that's less than a dollar an issue. Hell yeah that's good.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@dtschemmel: You should get invincible, and you purchased just fine with DD, from that point the stories get better and better until shadowland which is okay.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By JakeN7

@Gambit1024 said:

That's a steal. I personally love this series, but a lot of DD fans on here will tell you they hate it. It all depends what you want from the character: the carefree DD or the broody DD. Since I dig both, it doesn't really matter.

Seriously? There are people who don't like Mark Waid's Daredevil...and they claim to be fans of the character!? That's ridiculous! His Daredevil is beyond excellent.

@dtschemmel: Anyways, yeah that's a great deal. By the way, the latest issue (#23) was a perfect jumping-on point for new readers if you want to start reading it in monthly solo issue form.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gambit1024

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Seriously? There are people who don't like Mark Waid's Daredevil...and they claim to be fans of the character!? That's ridiculous! His Daredevil is beyond excellent.

Tell me about it. There's a whole thread dedicated for DD fans against Waid.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JakeN7

@Gambit1024 said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Jesus. I don't know whether to post a picture of Captain Jean-Luc Picard doing a facepalm, or a picture of Professor Farnsworth saying "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." Decisions, decisions.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gambit1024

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Jesus. I don't know whether to post a picture of Captain Jean-Luc Picard doing a facepalm, or a picture of Professor Farnsworth saying "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." Decisions, decisions.

Like, I can understand why they don't like it. Truly, I do. I mean, the character's been consistently broody since Miller, so I completely understand why DD's change in tone could be intolerable for some... But to say that it's poorly-written is asinine. It's easily one of Marvel's best books right now.

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JakeN7: Always Farnsworth, always.

ladymastermind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ladymastermind

I don't know, I really haven't read very many DD comics, but I want to start. Daredevil is a really cool character and definitely on my top ten list.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JakeN7

@Gambit1024 said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Like, I can understand why they don't like it. Truly, I do. I mean, the character's been consistently broody since Miller, so I completely understand why DD's change in tone could be intolerable for some... But to say that it's poorly-written is asinine. It's easily one of Marvel's best books right now.

Well that calms me a bit. I can sympathize with someone who believes their beloved heros are being mischaracterized, but I honestly don't think that's the case with Daredevil. Since when did a fresh take on a character equate to poor writing? Ridiculous.

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@JakeN7: Always Farnsworth, always.

You're right. The Patrick Stewart one is probably older and is definitely more overused.

That's better
That's better
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The two series I'm always pushing (well, trying to) on folks that I think should sell better are Daredevil and Wonder Woman. Both of them new approaches to older characters. Don't get me wrong...I loved the Frank Miller Daredevil, and always will, but Waid is an excellent story-teller, and his Daredevil takes a backseat to no one's.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By daredevil21134

LOL