How fast are these Star Wars characters?

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gojira2014

Honestly I see way too much "they blitz" vs any non light speed comic character.

I seen characters like Obi Wan have trouble with Durge who in turn cannot out speed Clone Troopers. I seen plenty of Jedi get killed by Peak Human Clone Troopers. I seen Jango Fett fight Obi Wan. Cad Bane fight Obi Wan. Even Viscus held of Darth Maul. yet in every vs thread people claim they blitz characters like Spider Man or Wolverine. Confusion settling in.

So what is the consistent speed by the establish Disney Canon?

• Yoda: ???
  • Palpatine: ???
  • Anakin: ???
  • Grievous: ???
  • Obi Wan: ???
  • Darth Maul: ???
  • Dooku: ???
  • Jango Fett: ???
  • Durge: ???
  • Cad Bane:???

Thank you for any help.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@gojira2014: The problem lies in which form of media you're drawing feats from. You obviously are mainly accounting for TCW and the movies. These forms of media acknowledge Jedi superspeed, but it isn't at such a level that non-Force users can't keep up.

When you look at Legends Canon, which has all of the original EU stories, then you get to the serious speed feats. Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura fighting so fast an ARC trooper can only see a blur of light. Darth Maul seeing imperceptibly fast blows in slow motion. Sidious moving faster than Maul or Anakin can even see. Grievous striking at 20 times per second. Vader well out of his prime speedblitzing Boba Fett. And so on.

So it depends on which Canon you use. New Canon? They don't have the ability to speedblitz a street leveller. Legends Canon? Absolutely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is taking into account Legends Canon predominantly.

Yoda/Sidious - near-relativistic.

Grievous - Not sure where to place him. Over Spider-Man level speed anyway

Anakin/Obi-Wan/Maul/Dooku - In terms of perception speed, they can react to objects moving at sub-lightspeed. But I think they adjust their perception time where appropriate. In terms of combat speed.. I'd say Mach 4 at minimum, with the potential to be even higher than that. Obi-Wan and Anakin have deflected blaster fire from miniature armies, and Anakin at some points has fought so fast that Obi-Wan saw him as a blurring motion. Dooku has fought evenly with them and has some of his own speed feats. He's also exercised telekinesis faster than Obi-Wan could move his blade. Maul has fought evenly with Kenobi, has plenty of blaster-timing feats and is basically within the same speed-class.

Durge - Perceptions fast enough to see Anakin level Jedi in slow motion. Combat speed sufficient to hold his own against them. Although a lot of his success comes from strength, durability, gear and perception times.

Jango - Can blaster-time, but not on the level of the Jedi. Can keep up with low level Jedi in hand to hand. I'd say he's about Batman/Wolverine level.

Cad Bane - Can keep up with New Canon TCW Jedi... other than that he's featless.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

*enters thread*

*sees it's about Disney canon*

*leaves thread*

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not sure what you are asking.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: The problem lies in which form of media you're drawing feats from. You obviously are mainly accounting for TCW and the movies. These forms of media acknowledge Jedi superspeed, but it isn't at such a level that non-Force users can't keep up.

When you look at Legends Canon, which has all of the original EU stories, then you get to the serious speed feats. Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura fighting so fast an ARC trooper can only see a blur of light. Darth Maul seeing imperceptibly fast blows in slow motion. Sidious moving faster than Maul or Anakin can even see. Grievous striking at 20 times per second. Vader well out of his prime speedblitzing Boba Fett. And so on.

So it depends on which Canon you use. New Canon? They don't have the ability to speedblitz a street leveller. Legends Canon? Absolutely.

Ok next dumb question as there is a little debate in the thread I made of Wolverine/Psylock vs Obi Wan and Anakin.

The New Canon includes Dark Horse Comics and Novels based around the Clone Wars still, or is that Legends now?

Not sure what you are asking.

I made a thread of Wolverine/Psylock vs Obiwan/Anakin and specified the new Disney Canon feats only. There is many people who claim these Star Wars characters blitz still and easy at that. I was confuse as I heard of the Legends Canon where they are around Hypersonic speeds, but the New Disney approved Canon tputs them at bullet speed best maybe from what I understand.

So confusion sets in and wanted a answer or the rough estimates of speed for these characters for debates from the experts on such things :)

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gojira2014

@jedixman said:

*enters thread*

*sees it's about Disney canon*

*leaves thread*

Sorry, I like the Disney Canon as its easier to follow as a casual fan :) and I originaly thought made for better matches vs High Street Level heroes.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: The fastest the film characters have moved are in blurs (ie. TPM opening).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: New Canon only includes the films, TCW, upcoming rebels, Son of Dathomir comic series, and any future Star Wars content. All the other comics and novels belong to Legends Canon.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gojira2014

@gojira2014: New Canon only includes the films, TCW, upcoming rebels, Son of Dathomir comic series, and any future Star Wars content. All the other comics and novels belong to Legends Canon.

So Durge is only Legends canon then?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Sadly yes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Yep.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Yep.

Ok. Got it. So Legends canon would still be the mid tier speed area, and New Canon is the high street speed area.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Sadly yes.

That does suck, he was a cool character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@gojira2014 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Yep.

Ok. Got it. So Legends canon would still be the mid tier speed area, and New Canon is the high street speed area.

Pretty much. New Canon I would say is sort of like Spider-Man speed. A skilled enough non-Force User can keep up, even in melee, but Force Users are still sporting superhuman speed. Force Users in Legends are getting a little out of Spider-Man's range, with their much better perception times, crazy speed feats and what not.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@gojira2014 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Yep.

Pretty much. New Canon I would say is sort of like Spider-Man speed. A skilled enough non-Force User can keep up, even in melee, but Force Users are still sporting superhuman speed. Force Users in Legends are getting a little out of Spider-Man's range, with their much better perception times, crazy speed feats and what not.

Awesome, and thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh i thought you meant.... how "fast" they were.

No Caption Provided

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh i thought you meant.... how "fast" they were.

No Caption Provided

Is that black man going to rape me?

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, son. And i'll be watching from afar.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gojira2014
leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grievous and Yoda is probably the fastest of them.

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watch the movies. They are the source material. Legends is basically fan fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:
@webinyoureye11 said:

Just watch the movies. They are the source material. Legends is basically fan fiction

Legends where official canon approved by Lucasfilm and listed as canon by them until Disney, they where never fan fiction, Lucas personally approved what legends did, like Palpatine coming back, Starkiller( he was even involved in the creation of FU) even if he did not like some of it, not to mention that now in Disney canon movies are not anymore canon than any random comic or novel

Of course he never denounced the EU. It was making too much money. But he considered it an alternate universe. The only things canon were what he put the films or TCW show. Which is my point.

feel free to wank obscure comic panels 20 people read or use out of context hyperbolic statements if you have to. I’ll go by what’s shown onscreen, consistently

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: I said basically fan fiction because it is just that. Technically it is “canon” only due to common sense. lucasfilm is a business, & businesses are all about making money. But the guy who actually made these characters doesnt consider the EU part of his world.

First, EU feats we use were read by far more than 20 people lol, lot of people have read EU, not like that is an argument since it is official canon to EU, second just because you dont like them does not make them out of context or hyperbolic eaither

I guess that 20 people jab really touched a nerve. It’s called a joke. I’ve never met a person who even knows Star Wars has comics despite them being fans of the films.

And its not about what I like. Unlike you I don’t let my personal bias drive me to under or overrate a side. But the main canon, no matter what you say, are the films & shows. Everything else has has to fit with that

Backed by Lucasfilm themselves

No Caption Provided

So yeah, I don’t see why one would have to resort to secondary sources for a feat unless to disingenuously represent a character in a debate. Unless of course, the feat in question is used to support a feat seen onscreen.