#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24875 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been bugging me since the name change. See every time he introduces himself wouldn't he reveal his secret identity? That's how he turns his powers on and off, by saying Shazam, does he have a pack of post its stowed away?

#2 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Person he saved "I must thank you...uh.."

Billy "My name is Shaza.......Sha.......uh....hm......do you have a pencil and a piece of paper?"

#3 Edited by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

that's a good question. Maybe he does a musical number where he shoots lighting in the air to spell out his name

#4 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I've been reading, he hasn't introduced himself, really. He has, however, said "Shazam" a few times. He even kind of yelled it once, but nothing happened. That part confused me.

#5 Edited by Teerack (5704 posts) - - Show Bio

He can say Shazam and not transform he needs to say Shazam with a lot of emotion to get the magic to work. It was liked that pre 52 as well.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: @awesam: Like in Trials of SHAZAM! it's not the word that transforms him it's the intent. If Billy says the word without the intent/belief he will not turn.

#7 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: That's what I was thinking. It's more of a power or ability than just the word itself.

#8 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he can control now. Like if he says SHAZAM so that he turns into CM he can, but if he just says Shazam to introduce himself, like in you're situation, he's fine.

#9 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why people can't understand that he name isn't just a trigger; he has to intend to transform to do so.

It was mentioned in the JL backups.

#10 Posted by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

That's really cool that he can control it now. I remember reading a few pre-52 comics with him in it and it seemed whenever he said it he'd transform.

#11 Posted by comicace3 (4223 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why people can't understand that he name isn't just a trigger; he has to intend to transform to do so.

It was mentioned in the JL backups.

Pretty much this.

#12 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's Billy!

#13 Posted by Killemall (18455 posts) - - Show Bio

he is going to get an ID card that he can hang around in his costume, no need to introduce himself just flash the card.

#14 Posted by bob808 (6766 posts) - - Show Bio

He would just say Shazam.

#15 Posted by M3th (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he have to introduce himself?