How does a verse like Ben 10 compare to Marvel and DC?

Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I am talking about in terms of power of Ben 10 compared to Marvel and DC, because it seems like a very powerful universe. What do you guys think? As a side, How many things do you notice in Ben 10 that were drawn from Marvel and DC, character, alien, concept, or anything overall?

i.e. Zombozo and the Joker.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ben would be a Mid-Tier hero in the Marvel/DC universes.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Himself is a quitter powerful being with the Omnitrix. Some his specific Aliens could give characters Like Green Lantern or Maybe even Thor some trouble (However he'd still lose too Thor). Most of his Villains however are pretty mediocre compared too the likes of Marvel and DC. One of his most powerful Vilgax would be stomped by a Number of DC or Marvel Characters. I'd be cool with the rights of Ben 10 being given too DC. He'd be nerfed little and would be made too fit in the DC Universe.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben can be at Universal+ at potential. Considering there is an entire race of Universal+ aliens, that's quite a lot of power... not to mention gadgets and aliens that can actually remove you from existence...

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Ben 10 wouldn't compare well. Marvel is the top dog when it comes to universes. DC is next by far below Marvel due to their cosmic beings.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thefantomconvoy
@the_invincible_one said:

Ben 10 wouldn't compare well. Marvel is the top dog when it comes to universes. DC is next by far below Marvel due to their cosmic beings.

But don't you think the Ben 10 verse could be powerful enough to at least defeat quite a good large number of universes below Marvel and DC? I mean, if you take Diagon (who seems equal to Trigon since they are both Universal threats, just his heart has the power to reshape it) and the Celestialsapiens, who live outside the Ben 10 multiverse (yes, they have a multiverse now, and Celestialsapiens, like the LT, need to agree before taking any action), Osmosians who can absorb virtually any kind of energy, even Universal+ Celestialsapiens, the Reality-Warping Anodite race, the Super-Intelligent Galvan and Cerebrocrustacean races (the former race having notable inventions and creations,like the Null Void, an entire Alternate Dimension that has no defined limits, Ascalon, a very powerful sword that can tap into the fundamental forces of the universe and do many things like bust planets, Open Portals, Hurt the Diagon, and do many more, and so many others then they are a pretty powerful universe and might just be worthy of Marvel and DC's notice

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ScouterV

I would say that it's a bit too young to really compare. Decades of material come from DC and Marvel. With that said, there are some powerful entities in the BTU, and Ben is arguably THE most powerful. His future incarnations, Ben have all been considered intergalactic heroes. With aliens like Upgrade, Grey Matter, Way Big, and Alien X he's got some serious power behind him.

While I think, more flushing out, and probably focus on something more than just Ben and his adventures with the Omnitrix, would help this universe in the future, compare better, right now, it's just not fair. Though there is some serious potential.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

I would say that it's a bit too young to really compare. Decades of material come from DC and Marvel. With that said, there are some powerful entities in the BTU, and Ben is arguably THE most powerful. His future incarnations, Ben have all been considered intergalactic heroes. With aliens like Upgrade, Grey Matter, Way Big, and Alien X he's got some serious power behind him.

While I think, more flushing out, and probably focus on something more than just Ben and his adventures with the Omnitrix, would help this universe in the future, compare better, right now, it's just not fair. Though there is some serious potential.

You're right, they are too young. But don't you still think that they might be worthy of Marvel and DC's notice, or even respect? The Ben 10 verse is formidable, and wouldn't go down very easily. However, Marvel and DC do beat Ben 10, though they might have some trouble with celestialsapiens and Osmosians if they drain sufficient energy. I'd rate it at a third, because after Marvel and DC, I don't see any other verses that surpass it in power. This is, of course, barring Author characters.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Ben went up again a character that was similar to Ironman which they done on purpose although the mockery was obvious there was a few aspects that made captain nemesis a much weaker version .... i personally don't like Ben that much i prefer the supporting cast of characters like Kevin and Gwen who are sometimes left underrated.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would LOVE to see a Ben 10 Green Lantern cross over or Ben 10 Heralds of Galactus crossover.

But the Ben 10 verse has potential to be like Marvel.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@iamoptimusprime:  "I'd rate it at a third, because after Marvel and DC, I don't see any other verses that surpass it in power."

Lol. You're joking right?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: I guess that depends, if you count Manga-based Universes.

That aside, you're right. It's a respectable universe. The thing is, aside from the races, by comparison to the DC and Marvel Universes, The Ben 10 Universe is kind of empty as far as recognizable faces. There's the main cast, and a supporting cast that shows up every so often like their parents or Asmith. The races are powerful no doubt, but DC wasn't built solely on Kryptonians and Marvel wasn't built solely on Humans.

I mean, we sit here and call it the Ben 10 Universe. That should be something of a problem, and I actually think there is a lot of room for new series following new characters.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thefantomconvoy
@princearagorn1 said:

@iamoptimusprime: "I'd rate it at a third, because after Marvel and DC, I don't see any other verses that surpass it in power."

Lol. You're joking right?

How many universes surpass again? I seem to have forgotten. But then, (Except Marvel and DC, since they both tie for first and remain at the top of Universes and Multiverses) what would you rate it at on the power scale of 1-10? Or it doesn't have a place on that scale? Well then, let me make the power scale 1-20. What would you think then?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thefantomconvoy
@scouterv said:

@iamoptimusprime: I guess that depends, if you count Manga-based Universes.

That aside, you're right. It's a respectable universe. The thing is, aside from the races, by comparison to the DC and Marvel Universes, The Ben 10 Universe is kind of empty as far as recognizable faces. There's the main cast, and a supporting cast that shows up every so often like their parents or Azmuth. The races are powerful no doubt, but DC wasn't built solely on Kryptonians and Marvel wasn't built solely on Humans.

I mean, we sit here and call it the Ben 10 Universe. That should be something of a problem, and I actually think there is a lot of room for new series following new characters.

You do raise a good case here. Too many Alien Races in one person and a lot less diverse selection of heroes. But there is Grandpa Max, Cooper, there was Pierce, Helen, and Manny, there was Julie and Ship, there's Professor Paradox, there is Ben 10,000, Sir George, to name a few, at least. Argit on occasion though. And there's also the Galactic Enforcers.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@iamoptimusprime: hm. Can't list them all, but here's a few:

Tenchi muyo verse: (has a host of multiversal+ characters, more importantly, an omnipotent above them who has an active human avatar)

Demonbane verse: omnipotent character that could erase the verse if it wakes up, character that warps multiverse to fit in a bottle several other on the level, mech which destroys multiverse just by showing up, and kills multiversal characters millions of times with just a glare.

Umineko verse: don't quote me on this one, but apparently clash of two magicians there destroyed many universes as a side effect.

Saint seiya verse: a multiverse creator, and beings above him god cloth saints that hit with the force of big bang, apollo who casually reset a universe even with saints present in it

Bastard!! Verse: God who created the multiverse, a being that can fight him as equal, a being in sealed form warped a universe in his hand.. characters who released the equivalent of big bang as their spells collided.

TTGL verse: a nigh omnipotent who created a series of constantly evolving parallel universes, and a mech far bigger than galaxies that evolves to beat him, their clash destroying a universe.

Doctor Who: time lords who were about to end existence, daleks who built a bomb for that very purpose, chronovores who eat universes, and characters like quantum archangel which are be stronger than everyone else.

This could go on for a while.. I can't list the whole lot, nor would I claim to know all series that exist but you get the point. The top ones stalemate marvel/dc lol.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: hm. Can't list them all, but here's a few:

Tenchi muyo verse: (has a host of multiversal+ characters, more importantly, an omnipotent above them who has an active human avatar)

Demonbane verse: character that could erase the verse if it wakes up, character that warps multiverse to fit in a bottle several other on the level, mech which destroys multiverse just by showing up, and kills multiversal characters millions of times with just a glare.

Saint seiya verse: a multiverse creator, and beings above him god cloth saints that hit with the force of big bang, apollo who casually reset a universe even with saints present in it

Bastard!! Verse: God who created the multiverse, a being that can fight him as equal, a being in sealed form warped a universe in his hand.. characters who released the equivalent of big bang as their spells collided.

TTGL verse: a nigh omnipotent who created a series of constantly evolving parallel universes, and a mech far bigger than galaxies that evolves to beat him, their clash destroying a universe.

Doctor Who: time lords who were about to end existence, daleks who built a bomb for that very purpose, chronovores who eat universes, and characters like quantum archangel which are be stronger than everyone else.

This could go on for a while.. I can't list the whole lot, nor would I claim to know all series that exist but you get the point. The top ones stalemate marvel/dc lol.

This looks all very interesting and very hard to believe, Never knew Anime was capable of this level of power. However, can I see like a few links to any of this, if you have the time? Anyway, Ben 10 is still worthy of notice, isn't it?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: Agreed.

Now give The Plumbers a series, so that we see they can handle things without Bens involvement. Maybe a new team of recruits under Maxs' tutelage gets the chance to save the day, (or Pierces' crew can come back.)

Show us Paradox working his way through time, to stop anomalies.

Maybe a Gwen and Kevin series, dealing with both fighting Aliens as well as going to college and figuring out their relationship.

Note, that this isn't me saying "There's too much Ben. I don't like him. Get him off my TV." On the contrary. Up until (I believe,) Omniverse, I was a huge fan of the series overall, (hated the redesigns and the series wasn't all that eye-catching, to me from a storyline perspective.) and Ben was my favorite character. I just feel for the Universe to grow, we need to step away from Ben 10.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@iamoptimusprime: that's because almost all of the famous manga deal with city level characters at most. Seriously.

They lack a common continuity like comics.. even if you follow just spiderman, you're almost certain to know about beyonder, hotu thanos, IG thanos, L tribunal, and of course.. the toaa writer, based on how much you read. There are events tying characters from street level to nigh omnipotents together, and crossovers. That's not the case with anime. You could follow every canon material naruto ever appeared in and still have no idea who, or what goku is. I'm still not sure which is better, because on one side, you have the absolute continuity of a single writer, and so much more diversity on the other. But there's also the question of nerfing like venom and Clark.. and based on the few anime crossovers I saw, I keep inclining towards it being fine as it is. Comics got much better at it over time.. manga is a lot more plot focused.

What kind of links are you expecting? I'm on my phone right now, but I could post a few of them later.

Not all of them are manga btw, doc who is a tv show, demonbane was adapted off literature/games and so on

of course it is noticeable. Celestialsapiens, and based on what I heard of recent omniverse episodes, chronosapiens are extremely powerful. What was the species that told ben only 26 dimensions were important and had a toy that was as advanced as omnitrix again? Shame we never saw more of that..

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thefantomconvoy
@princearagorn1 said:

@iamoptimusprime: that's because almost all of the famous manga deal with city level characters at most. Seriously.

They lack a common continuity like comics.. even if you follow just Spiderman, you're almost certain to know about beyonder, hotu thanos, IG thanos, L tribunal, and of course.. the toaa writer, based on how much you read. There are events tying characters from street level to nigh omnipotents together, and crossovers. That's not the case with anime. You could follow every canon material naruto ever appeared in and still have no idea who, or what goku is. I'm still not sure which is better, because on one side, you have the absolute continuity of a single writer, and so much more diversity on the other. But there's also the question of nerfing like venom and Clark.. and based on the few anime crossovers I saw, I keep inclining towards it being fine as it is. Comics got much better at it over time.. manga is a lot more plot focused.

What kind of links are you expecting? I'm on my phone right now, but I could post a few of them later.

Of course it is noticeable. Celestialsapiens, and based on what I heard of recent omniverse episodes, chronosapiens are extremely powerful. What was the species that told Ben only 26 dimensions were important and had a toy that was as advanced as the omnitrix again? Shame we never saw more of that..

The Naljian Species were the ones with the toy box. And about that, there are some implications that there might be a multiversal being in Ben 10. What do you think about this? Could there be any?

Well, the common continuity stuff for things like Spider-man and others is because they all belong to Marvel. Almost all of these Anime Verses, like Naruto or DBZ are all disconnected and unaffiliated, so that's justifiable for Anime.

And in Ben 10 Omniverse, Argit mentioned a legend about a race who jumped from Universe to universe, destroying them if they didn't like said universes with devices such as the Annihilaarg. I think it may have been Mass-Produced or something. And if this is the case, then couldn't Azmuth, since he created a sword that can tap into the fundamental forces of the Universe and a device that, if charged enough for self-destruct, could become a Universe-Busting weapon, make some kind of Multiversal device with a lot of prep time and assistance from someone like Brainstorm?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: at the rate they are going, possibly.

I know, that's what I said.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamoptimusprime: I hadn't. It looks a little too much for azmuth to me, but He possibly could. Afterall, ben was barely above street levelers when he started out, and now look where he is.

thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: OK, what if Azmuth had 1 million yrs prep and the help of every single race in the Ben 10 multiverse?

Conditions: They are all immortal during this time period and do not age or tire by any means, and can all somehow breathe in space, if they couldn’t before.

Avatar image for ragnar_lodhbrok
Ragnar_Lodhbrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Believe it or not, Ben 10 is actually stronger than Marvel and DC together.

The Naljians are 26-Dimensional+.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Naljians

The highest being in Marvel has only shown 16 dimensional feats.

Marvel is far from the strongest continuity in fiction. Any verse with above 16 dimensional characters can solo Marvel.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Believe it or not, Ben 10 is actually stronger than Marvel and DC together.

The Naljians are 26-Dimensional+.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Naljians

The highest being in Marvel has only shown 16 dimensional feats.

Marvel is far from the strongest continuity in fiction. Any verse with above 16 dimensional characters can solo Marvel.