#1 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman

aquaman

flash

hawkman

captain marvel

swamp thing

green arrow

captain atom

lobo

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20135 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman - Could work but she doesn't have any memorable villains.

Aquaman - Wouldn't work. Maybe as an animated film.

Flash - Would work but it would be heavily reliant on comic fans, as he isn't as popular as Batman/Superman.

Hawkman - Would flop horribly (skeptical even for an animated debut).

Captain Marvel - Maybe for live-action movie, yes for animated.

Swamp Thing - A live-action movie would flop really bad. Animated wouldn't go better than Hawkman.

Green Arrow - Animated or live-action would work since the Arrow CW Show would build hype for the live-action film.

Captain Atom - Theater movie would flop, but not to the extent of Swamp Thing or Hawkman. Animated would work very well.

Lobo - Hmm...a live-action movie may flop, but his personality might be eccentric enough to pull viewers in. An animated movie wouldn't work in my opinion, but that's up to the producers.

#3 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Wonder Woman - Could work but she doesn't have any memorable villains.

Aquaman - Wouldn't work. Maybe as an animated film.

Flash - Would work but it would be heavily reliant on comic fans, as he isn't as popular as Batman/Superman.

Hawkman - Would flop horribly (skeptical even for an animated debut).

Captain Marvel - Maybe for live-action movie, yes for animated.

Swamp Thing - A live-action movie would flop really bad. Animated wouldn't go better than Hawkman.

Green Arrow - Animated or live-action would work since the Arrow CW Show would build hype for the live-action film.

Captain Atom - Theater movie would flop, but not to the extent of Swamp Thing or Hawkman. Animated would work very well.

Lobo - Hmm...a live-action movie may flop, but his personality might be eccentric enough to pull viewers in. An animated movie wouldn't work in my opinion, but that's up to the producers.

I bolded everything I agree with and italics one I wasn't sure on.

Aquaman could work, but it has to wait until after a JL movie shows the general public that he is more than a joke.

And Wonder Woman will work. There's no question about it. And she has Ares & Circe, so she has fine villains.

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20135 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Wonder Woman - Could work but she doesn't have any memorable villains.

Aquaman - Wouldn't work. Maybe as an animated film.

Flash - Would work but it would be heavily reliant on comic fans, as he isn't as popular as Batman/Superman.

Hawkman - Would flop horribly (skeptical even for an animated debut).

Captain Marvel - Maybe for live-action movie, yes for animated.

Swamp Thing - A live-action movie would flop really bad. Animated wouldn't go better than Hawkman.

Green Arrow - Animated or live-action would work since the Arrow CW Show would build hype for the live-action film.

Captain Atom - Theater movie would flop, but not to the extent of Swamp Thing or Hawkman. Animated would work very well.

Lobo - Hmm...a live-action movie may flop, but his personality might be eccentric enough to pull viewers in. An animated movie wouldn't work in my opinion, but that's up to the producers.

I bolded everything I agree with and italics one I wasn't sure on.

Aquaman could work, but it has to wait until after a JL movie shows the general public that he is more than a joke.

And Wonder Woman will work. There's no question about it. And she has Ares & Circe, so she has fine villains.

I was assuming that all these movies are before the Justice League film comes out.

And I agree with the Aquaman one, however, I meant that Wonder Woman has no villains that will bring in non-comic fans to watch the movie.

#5 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@TheCannon said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Wonder Woman - Could work but she doesn't have any memorable villains.

Aquaman - Wouldn't work. Maybe as an animated film.

Flash - Would work but it would be heavily reliant on comic fans, as he isn't as popular as Batman/Superman.

Hawkman - Would flop horribly (skeptical even for an animated debut).

Captain Marvel - Maybe for live-action movie, yes for animated.

Swamp Thing - A live-action movie would flop really bad. Animated wouldn't go better than Hawkman.

Green Arrow - Animated or live-action would work since the Arrow CW Show would build hype for the live-action film.

Captain Atom - Theater movie would flop, but not to the extent of Swamp Thing or Hawkman. Animated would work very well.

Lobo - Hmm...a live-action movie may flop, but his personality might be eccentric enough to pull viewers in. An animated movie wouldn't work in my opinion, but that's up to the producers.

I bolded everything I agree with and italics one I wasn't sure on.

Aquaman could work, but it has to wait until after a JL movie shows the general public that he is more than a joke.

And Wonder Woman will work. There's no question about it. And she has Ares & Circe, so she has fine villains.

I was assuming that all these movies are before the Justice League film comes out.

And I agree with the Aquaman one, however, I meant that Wonder Woman has no villains that will bring in non-comic fans to watch the movie.

Wasn't specified, so I assumed it was after since that looks like DC's next movie after Man of Steel.

And I really don't think the villain draws non-comic fans into a movie. I don't think people went to TDKR for Bane (despite how awesome he was) or The Avengers for Loki (even though he was somehow more awesome than Bane).

#6 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

3,000 years of peace under the wisdom of Athena ends for the Amazons of Themyscira when Queen Hippolyta aligns with a “New goddess” by the name of Granny Goodness. Charged with bringing the world of men under the domination of women, Princess Diana is chosen as Granny Goodness’ Female Fury. Yet while she is preparing to make war on the earth, Air Force Colonel Steve Trevor crashes onto Themyscira, the first male ever to do so. An uneasy but blossoming love between him and Diana causes growing doubts in her mind in regard to her allegiance, eventually causing her to side with the world of men and protect it from her militant Amazonian sisters.

Aquaman

Adapt “The Others” arc with additional flashback scenes to his origin.

Have Ocean Master and the Atlantean Army invade the surface world in the sequel (a la "Throne of Atlantis").

Flash

Barry Allan returns after having been presumes dead for several years. This is revealed to be the work of Reverse Flash, bringing him back from the Speed Force in order to ensure his own existence while taking revenge on Barry’s life in reverse. This leads to a final battle in the past that actually causes Barry to gain his powers in the first place. Essentially, Flash: Rebirth reworked as an origin story.

For the Sequel Barry encounters Jay Garrick of Earth-2 and teams up with him against Jonny Quick of Earth-3.

In the final film of the trilogy The entire Flash family (Barry Allan, Jay Garrick, and Wally West) save the multiverse from the Anti-Monitor and the Black Racer.

Hawkman

Find a way to incorporate Carter Hall as the reincarnation of Prince Khufu and Katar Hol of the planet Thanagar.

Captain Marvel

Adapt Geoff Johns’ back-ups in Justice League scene for scene.

Green Arrow

At all costs keep the Van Dyke.

#7 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

technically lots of characters here can work. remember, most people said characters in the Avengers couldn't work solo movies, yet they all did

#8 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

having the amazonians be the villains for the WW movie is actually a really good idea or is it just me

though this means WW technically becomes a symbol of female subservience to man rather than a symbol of female independence

hmm what if the amazonians were split on the issue. This way WW can fight them but still be in the right. So let's say the amazonian general kidnapped WW's mom or something and led a war with earth, going against orders. The amazonian soldiers who follow her into war obviously either didnt know that or didnt care. (ideally the latter)

#9 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (522 posts) - - Show Bio

If you've ever read All-Star Batman, Frank Miller's portrayal of Wonder Woman at the opening of issue #5 is exactly where I want her to be at the beginning of her character arc, perhaps even a bit more of a militant feminist, utterly misandronistic (if I may coin a word). Obviously by the end her earlier opinion will be shattered and her new thoughts on gender roles and the male sex will be more nuanced, even to the point that she can fight to defend a patriarchal society, all as a result of her love for Steve Trevor.

#10 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman

I'd love to see a Wonder Woman movie, and if done right it couldn't definitely be a succes! I'd like to see something like her animated movie, be a real warrior princess that focusses on her heritage and doesn't take place as much in the 'real world', that's more for a second movie. It should focus on the Amazons and how she rises to be their champion and at the end of the movie her leaving to America. It should breath a similar atmosphere as Xena (only bigger budget ;p)

aquaman

This would be a tough sell simply because his reputation is ruined with people who don't know him from the comic books. If they start this movie they should do it like his current run. Make jokes and puns about Aquaman but also make him a complete badass and relatable character.

flash

I'd love to see a Flash movie with a lot of humor in it, but seeing as this would be a part of the Justice League movie i'm suspecting they'll go with a bit more serious of a theme. But i see this movie definitely working. They can go in many routes with this story.

hawkman

I really don't see this movie working, not even as a cameo. I love the character but i think he's best suited for Animated Movies/shows to be honest.

captain marvel

How I would LOVE for Captain Marvel to get a movie! Honestly i think this could work great as a children's hero movie. Just the imagination running wild with little kids yelling 'SHAZAM!!!' all over the place ;p A child that turns into a big hero that saves the world, isn't that everyones childhood dream?

swamp thing

I honestly don't know enough about the character to give a fair judgement.

green arrow

This one could definitely work, just look at the Arrow show. Green Arrow Year One could be a great story for the GA movie!

captain atom

Same as Swamp Thing.

lobo

Same as Swamp Thing and Captain Atom ;p But i think this movie is already getting made, isn't it?

#11 Posted by Sharkbite (292 posts) - - Show Bio
Wonder Woman: Play out Wonder Woman as a Wrath of the Titans-esque story. Very quickly gloss over the fact that her powers come from the Gods, and that she has some magic equipment, then jump straight into the Heroine fighting against various mythological, fantastic beasts. Have the evil of these magical creatures start to bleed over into the rest of the earth realm so, prior to the final battle of the film, Wonder Woman has to leave Themyscria and head to the world of men in order to slay the beasts and save the world. While battling her way through a modern day big-city, with a Dragon or something rampaging through New York, it would unfold that all these creatures' release was a plot by Ares. He would strike Wonder Woman down himself, cutting her off from her Godhood and making her mortal as a plot against Hera, only to be shocked when she still kills the final big honcho monster. Then she would learn from Hera that whatever magic-y thingerbobber Ares did to her will prevent her from being able to return to Amazon Island because she is no longer a God, and she will be forced to remain in the world of men. It'll be a heartfelt moment of goodbye, followed by a solemn oath from Wonder Woman swearing to get revenge upon Ares and to defend the mortal realm from War.

#12 Posted by Sharkbite (292 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkman: Open with Hawkman battling his way through a horde of angry Egyptians, fighting his way through a small army. One of the men peirces one of his wings with a spear. With his wing crippled, Hawkman battles his way up a large stairway leading to some high overhead platform type place where some Egyptian guy with a knife is posed to sacrifice Hawkgirl. Hawkman gets to smash lots of stuff with his mace, and do a few slightly higher jumps and glides while he's not entirely able to fly, battling his way to try and save her. As he is nearly there, a more skilled swordsman emerges wearing a hood that has a blue circle over half the face. There is an intense battle and Hawkman loses and is killed. After being stabbed through the chest, Hawkman's vision begins to blur, but sustains just long enough for a point-of-view angle of watching Hawkgirl be sacrificed on the alter. Hawkman throws his mace, shattering the stone alter beneath her. Both die.

Cut to archaologist Carter Hall excavating the ruins of this temple in our present day. During the backgrounds of the temple moments, hieroglyphics would show throngs of people worshipping a blue moon. Hall would eventually come to the alter, and while dusting his way through the sand and rubble, his fingers would touch a darkly stained spot on the stone where Hawkman had bled and died. With a rush of wind, Hawkman is reborn into the body of Carter Hall. While studying the records in the temple, Carter learns of Hawkman and Hawkgirl as a pair. To add to the import of this, while reading over some sort of ancient record regarding Hawkman, he would discover that Hawkgirl is meant to be his true love, and the nature of their curse.

The Cult of the Blue Moon is shown then to be active and operating in the modern world as well, existing probably in the form now of some sort of major corporate entity. Behind the scenes, their cult worship continues and they have all sorts of records and artifacts useful for plot exposition. The Cult is to obtain "the blood of the undying" to serve as the final componant to a ritual that will free Eclipso from his prison.

Playing into the Princess background, Kendra will end up being someone wealthy, probably the daughter of a politician. Make her a prim and proper, rich girl who is entirely afraid to get dirty and dislikes anything common, kinda spoiled and bitchy, very much the opposite of the down-to-earth Carter. She would obtain her Hawkgirl powers, but not understanding the cause or history, would end up using them publicly. Run with something cliche even, like she's getting robbed or mugged when the powers manifest, and then as the powerful Hawkgirl, she trounces the unwitting attackers. She goes very public about her powers, announcing it to the world and using them to show off almost immediately.

Carter hunts her down, but the Cult finds her first, capturing her again and setting out to finally complete the sacrifice. Hawkman rescues Hawkgirl, but in the process is wounded and enough of his blood is spilled on the newly rebuilt alter to complete the ritual and free Eclipso. Eclipso begins possessing people and building up an army, and Hawkman & Hawkgirl realize they do not have much time to stop him before he grows too powerful.

The two join forces against Eclipso and manage to re-imprison him, with Carter giving his life, spilling his blood on the alter once again to re-open the prison for just a brief moment until Hawkgirl can grab up Hawkman's mace and smash Eclipso in the face, batting him back into captivity.

Hawkgirl cries while Hawkman lays dying, professing her love for him and saying how no one in her selfish, spoiled life had ever cared so much about her that they would have done anything to help her without compensation, let alone given their very life. Hawkman lives just long enough to explain that the Curse of the Hawks says they will always die when their love reaches it's fullest, but they will always be born again to find each other.

Hawkman dies while Hawkgirl swears to find him, whoever he is reborn as. After the credits, show some museum curator or whatnot touch something that has a Hawk emblem on it and become reborn as a new Hawkman, without the knowledge of the curse or the existance of Hawkgirl.

I think a Hawkman story could work out excellant as an action/fantasy/modern story. Heck, if they can make four installments of The Mummy, they can make Hawkman work no sweat.

#13 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

If you've ever read All-Star Batman, Frank Miller's portrayal of Wonder Woman at the opening of issue #5 is exactly where I want her to be at the beginning of her character arc, perhaps even a bit more of a militant feminist, utterly misandronistic (if I may coin a word). Obviously by the end her earlier opinion will be shattered and her new thoughts on gender roles and the male sex will be more nuanced, even to the point that she can fight to defend a patriarchal society, all as a result of her love for Steve Trevor.

yea but how to do this without appearing sexist? cause feminists will chew this movie out.

#14 Posted by Spawn92 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman - Could work with the right casting choices.

aquaman - Also could work. Especially if first introduced in Justice League

flash - Could see this ending up like Green Lantern

hawkman - I could see this flopping like The Spirit did.

captain marvel - I could see this getting a good movie treatment. Zack Snyder would probably be doing it.

swamp thing - Fans of the comics will love it. No one else would get it.

green arrow - As a Dark Knight type movie this could actually be pretty good.

captain atom - Could only see him in a group movie. Although I would to see a Captain Atom solo movie. One of the most underrated heroes.

lobo - Make it animated, and make a lot of insider jokes for the comic community. I would watch it!

#15 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO said:

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

If you've ever read All-Star Batman, Frank Miller's portrayal of Wonder Woman at the opening of issue #5 is exactly where I want her to be at the beginning of her character arc, perhaps even a bit more of a militant feminist, utterly misandronistic (if I may coin a word). Obviously by the end her earlier opinion will be shattered and her new thoughts on gender roles and the male sex will be more nuanced, even to the point that she can fight to defend a patriarchal society, all as a result of her love for Steve Trevor.

yea but how to do this without appearing sexist? cause feminists will chew this movie out.

How did Spielberg make Schindler's List without offending Holocaust-deniers? The answer is he didn't. Ignorant people get offended by things they shouldn't; it's not Hollywood's or the media's job to pander to their ignorance.

#16 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

technically lots of characters here can work. remember, most people said characters in the Avengers couldn't work solo movies, yet they all did

What idiot would say that?

#17 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

@ZEELLO said:

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

If you've ever read All-Star Batman, Frank Miller's portrayal of Wonder Woman at the opening of issue #5 is exactly where I want her to be at the beginning of her character arc, perhaps even a bit more of a militant feminist, utterly misandronistic (if I may coin a word). Obviously by the end her earlier opinion will be shattered and her new thoughts on gender roles and the male sex will be more nuanced, even to the point that she can fight to defend a patriarchal society, all as a result of her love for Steve Trevor.

yea but how to do this without appearing sexist? cause feminists will chew this movie out.

How did Spielberg make Schindler's List without offending Holocaust-deniers? The answer is he didn't. Ignorant people get offended by things they shouldn't; it's not Hollywood's or the media's job to pander to their ignorance.

But why shouldn't WW be a symbol of female empowerment? If she isn't going to be that, then what's the point..

Why would DC even do that to themselves. WW doesn't strike me as a property you want to use just for a shot to demean and offend women. If someone is going to make a WW film in the first place, shouldn't they try to do.. you know... the exact opposite?

#18 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO said:

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

@ZEELLO said:

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

If you've ever read All-Star Batman, Frank Miller's portrayal of Wonder Woman at the opening of issue #5 is exactly where I want her to be at the beginning of her character arc, perhaps even a bit more of a militant feminist, utterly misandronistic (if I may coin a word). Obviously by the end her earlier opinion will be shattered and her new thoughts on gender roles and the male sex will be more nuanced, even to the point that she can fight to defend a patriarchal society, all as a result of her love for Steve Trevor.

yea but how to do this without appearing sexist? cause feminists will chew this movie out.

How did Spielberg make Schindler's List without offending Holocaust-deniers? The answer is he didn't. Ignorant people get offended by things they shouldn't; it's not Hollywood's or the media's job to pander to their ignorance.

But why shouldn't WW be a symbol of female empowerment? If she isn't going to be that, then what's the point..

Why would DC even do that to themselves. WW doesn't strike me as a property you want to use just for a shot to demean and offend women. If someone is going to make a WW film in the first place, shouldn't they try to do.. you know... the exact opposite?

misandronistic exists, though. so no need to coin the word :D

@TheCannon said:

@Jorgevy said:

technically lots of characters here can work. remember, most people said characters in the Avengers couldn't work solo movies, yet they all did

What idiot would say that?

cant remember but a lot of people said Iron Man, captain america and Thor wouldn't work because they weren't very known and the movies wouldn't be good enough. truth is, there was a big chance for failure, luckily Marvel had the right people behind it and after Iron Man they managed to get a lot of coverage on the heroes, which helped a lot as well