How do you sort it out

Aurum19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurum19

I have a bunch of aquaman comics, and I don't really want to read the old aquaman, because I did'nt find those powers or story line cool. But how do you know which generation is which. And how do you guys sort the information, becuase I know a bunch of superheroes with the same problem. Like green lantern used to be weak of the color yellow.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@aurum19:

I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand what your question is....

Would you mind clarifying?

Aurum19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurum19:

yeah what I meant was, like aquaman has comics called the new 52, so I know that it's a new era, but what about others, do they have distinguishing covers or names?

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurum19 said:

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@aurum19:

yeah what I meant was, like aquaman has comics called the new 52, so I know that it's a new era, but what about others, do they have distinguishing covers or names?

I think I see what you're saying now. You can refer to the "New 52 Aquaman," and people know you mean from the past year. But for the other 60+ years of history, how do you distinguish between different parts of that? Well, it's a little more complicated. People often will just say "Golden Age" if it took place before the 60s, Silver Age if it took place before the mid 70s but after the golden age, there's the bronze age, then the modern age. So if I say "Golden Age Green Lantern," people know I mean the classic Alan Scott. If I just say Green Lantern, it's probably Hal Jordan. Same difference with Flash, Human Torch, etc. As for even more precise, people will sometimes refer to them by the writer who had an especially long run. (I.e. the Geoff Johns Green Lantern.) Also, they can be separated into volumes. (Or how many times it's been restarted at issue 1, but keep in mind that doesn't always mean a reboot like with the New 52.)

Hope that helps!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@aurum19:

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I don't think they had any defiant names, like how Spider-Man has Amazing, Spectacular, or Superior. To my knowledge it was just plain Aquaman. So I don't think you can tell by the cover. For me I just look at the art and I can tell around what era it was, but someone might know a more reliable way, so this is mostly just to bump it.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help. :/

Aurum19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah!! Thanks, that's what I was talking about, calling them golden, silver, bronze age, that's what I was looking for. And I agree with Battle forum, I just look at the art style, personally I've never read the golden age, stuff because the art style just isnt up to par for me. I know back then it was amazing, but for me, now it just seems silly looking.