#1 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always felt that a character has been my favorite for a few months...then later another is my favorite, and it rotates, yet I see people like who's completely devoted to Superman through everything. How can I tell if someone is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE?

This has been bugging me for a while.

#2 Posted by The_Tree (6411 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it's all about how connected you feel with a character. I'm pretty dead-set with Booster Gold as my favorite character, but I still have some characters that'll rise above him as my favorite. Like Green Arrow, Allen, or Spider Jerusalem.

#3 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

What does your heart tell you?

#4 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Explore a lot of characters and see who you like, I know my favorite is Batman.

#5 Posted by Ravager4 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's more a gut feeling than anything else. I learned who my favorite character was when I realized I would drop the series she was in at the time if she was ever killed off. Fortunately, that never happened.

#6 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

Who I enjoy reading the most about.

#7 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I've found a real love for the Hulk since I got into him a few weeks ago and wrote The Hulk: The Order

#8 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

just sayin'...

#9 Posted by Strider92 (15260 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be honest my favorite hero changes a lot. Currently its Kaine, in a week or two i'll probably have changed my mind again but i've been reading Spider-man consistently ever since I was a kid so I guess he has to be my favorite.

#10 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

When suddenly you find yourself reading more about he/she than anybody else and that goes on and on and on, never changes.

When I first found myself reading 90% of Batman and 10% of others, I knew I loved that guy.... FOREVER

#11 Edited by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

Who says you only have to have one favorite?

#12 Posted by mervotron (257 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a list of my favourites. Some rank higher depending on recent story arcs. But here are my top 10 in no particular order...

• Ms. Marvel
  • She-Hulk
  • Storm
  • Nightcrawler
  • Poison Ivy
  • Magik
  • Wiccan
  • Northstar
  • Rogue
  • Harley Quinn
#13 Posted by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

Though you may have a current fancy of certain titles and characters, there must be one that always sticks around - one that draws you back every now and again...more so than others.

#14 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

When you go out of your way to get books just guest starring the character, over other books.. Or when you become a fanboy, like I.

#15 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

Though you may have a current fancy of certain titles and characters, there must be one that always sticks around - one that draws you back every now and again...more so than others.

if I'm going by that definition then it's definitively Batman...I go back and forth liking a ton of Super heroes but in the end it always goes back to Batman.

#16 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

My top 10 tends to mix around, but Kraven and Bane have been my top 2 (going back and forth for the #1 spot) for months now.

Staff Online
#17 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess you know who your favorite character or team is by the amount of comics you buy with that character / team in it. Which books are top of your pull list? Whose adventures / stories can't you miss? If you had to whittle your collection down, which character's books would you be most reluctant to sell?

This might help when considering who your favorite character is - although I accept favorites can change from time to time

#18 Posted by BurningDoom1 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

I just know that Green Lantern comics seem to consistently keep me entertaining and engaged, and they have since I was a kid in the early 90s. It's nothing more complicated than that, for me. I'm sure it has to do with my love for the sci-fi genre and super-hero comics, since GL combines both into one.

#19 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

My 2 favorite characters =

1.) Captain America.

2.) Albert Wesker.

#20 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe you don't have a favourite, if you had a favourite you would feel it.

These are my heroes.

1. Spider-man
  2. The Question (Vic Sage)
  3. Iron Man/Thor
#21 Posted by entropy_aegis (13615 posts) - - Show Bio

It has always been Batman but in the last year multiple characters have come close to dethroning him.

They are Bane,Deathstroke,Darkseid and Dr Doom.

#22 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, a very diverse list of favorites here IMO

#23 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Superman pops up. Then I know he's my favourite. 'Cause he's in front of me. :D

#24 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman is my favorite, based on what people have said (not sure if I already posted this) I try to buy every graphic novel about him, I buy his solo series, some series where he makes a guest appearance, and a ton more. I have more Batman books than anything.

Superman is a close second, though.

#25 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

I've always felt that a character has been my favorite for a few months...then later another is my favorite, and it rotates, yet I see people like who's completely devoted to Superman through everything. How can I tell if someone is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE?

This has been bugging me for a while.

You favourite is spiderman prime-time. There is no other. xD

#26 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8754 posts) - - Show Bio

You can tell who your favorite hero is when you reread there stories over and over again. Than you can't wait for the next story with your favorite character.

#27 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

Listen to your heart, when he's calling for you

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (13684 posts) - - Show Bio

You can learn who is your favorite character when you have some kind of a sympathy for him and you just like everything about him.When I was younger I liked Spider-Man the most but from three years now,Batman is my absolute favorite and I have big sympathy for him.

#29 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Well for me, it's when all the elements of a character's Mythos clicks on all levels, Ideals, Supporting characters, Villains, Powers etc

Cool shoes are a must.

#30 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite changes a lot. In the past it has been...

Batman

Spiderman

Deadpool

Superman

Flash (currently)

The Question

Invincible

Hulk

It changes among that group pretty frequently.

#31 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

The one you fall in love with the most