How do you get in a Solo debate against another person?

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, I'm new. I notice this site here is very public and open. But is there a way to debate with someone in like a private match if you will?

If you can help me, that will be nice.

I am a fan of Anime, and other things.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

You mean a debate about which character would beat another character? Challenge a Viner exists for that.

Unless you mean just debating in PMs, in which case use yer PMs.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite:

I clicked the link and it took me back to the home page.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

@supersaiyan_danger: Yeaaaaaaaaaah CV kinda killed my ability to make links.

The thread is pinned on the Battles section though so you should be able to find it there.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As an avid user of the Battle Forums there are a variety of ways to engage in solo debates.

• Challenge a Viner or CAV

As DecoyElite mentioned above there is a pinned topic called Challenge a Viner. It is here that you post characters you're well versed in or willing to debate with. An example would be...

" I'm willing to debate with characters such as Bane, Iron Fist, or Moon Knight, is there anyone who would like to debate against these characters? "

At this point another user would offer a character for themselves to use that they'd like to debate against you with, then someone creates the thread and you debate against that one person, then when it ends users vote on which user they feel debated best for their chosen combatant.

• Tournaments

Tournaments are another way to engage in solo debates against another user. Sometimes users create tournaments where you build a team within the limitations that they set. Sometimes they'd add a perks system or a way to get bonus equipment for your team that'll add a new dynamic to the debate. Often times you'll have objectives to complete during the debate, such as taking an opponents character as a hostage or saving someone while dealing with their team. Tournaments offer a unique debating experience for competitive users.

I hope this helped, often times you'll go back and forth against another user in things like the Battle of the Week or in random threads, but if you want to make sure it's a 1 v 1 you'll want to do CAV or a Tournament.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

So I just make a battle and list (CAV) and put my name next character.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

@supersaiyan_danger:

You'd go to the stickied topic in the Battle Forums, that is linked right ----- > here.

Then you'll post which characters you're willing to use in a debate. Say you wanna use Aang you'd say " Hey, I'm wondering if anyone would like to debate against me using Aang, does anyone want to challenge me? "

Then someone may come up with another character they think they can beat you with, say someone wants to use Naruto and they'll say " I'd love to debate against Aang with Naruto, would you like to accept? "

Then you're free to accept or decline the battle, often times there are certain characters I try to avoid debating against because how certain people use them.

Though someone will then create the match once you agree to a battle and you'll be able to debate against them and ONLY them in that thread. Other users can comment but they can't add anything to the debate, then they read through it all and vote once the debate is finished.

In the thread I linked you to you'll see other users and how they format things, you'll get the basic ideas from them!

I hope I helped! Also I see you're a newer user, so, Welcome to the Vine :)