How do you display individual issues?

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I recently moved and now I'm redecorating my comic room and whatnot, and I'm torn on how to display single issues. While I've got some ideas after looking back in the comic collection pic thread, I've not decided yet. I've committed to using the top loaders at this point and I'm thinking of mounting long 1x3s and making a shelf for the books. However, I'd like to keep a low profile and give a floating effect if possible. However, many comic frames are either expensive, or I've seen people use frames from the dollar store and I'm afraid that might look cheap.

Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of how they display their single issues on the wall? Thanks in advance.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Jphu8414

@dud317

Haha I'd like to know too. Honestly, alot of my single issues end up in piles (the nice ones are still in the bag and board atleast, I keep them neat but that's obviously not what we're looking for.

One of my friend who collects way more than I do buys a bunch of these cheap frames you were talking about and they do the job pretty nicely (without costing a fortune) and they don't look cheap at all (in my opinion) so that's probably what I would do if I wanted to display my comics.

For example, this is just a pic on the internet but they used the cheap frames and it looks pretty good to me

No Caption Provided

WRyanW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By WRyanW
No Caption Provided

I use millcases. The largest Millcase M uses mattes (same as in a picture frame) to center the comic. Generally, I buy the regular size for my current comics. The Millcase G and M for framing (and larger sizes. ) They've got an ad in today's Diamond Previews APR2014. Check it out.