How do people gauge a strength feat?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have had this question in my head since last night, but didn't post it cause I was going to bed. But....how are people gauging how heavy things are? Without it actually saying on panel or w/e....like how are people gauging that "such and such thing is X amount of tons."

Again without it actually saying on panel in a comic, anywhere. Just curious....is it just guess work or am I missing something?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Often times I believe people compare them to real world objects.

Say Aquaman lifts a cruise ship, people would probably then look up the average weight for such a ship and estimate his strength feat to be around that area.

I don't exactly know if that's how people do it, but it seems logical to do it that way.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Based on best estimates of what the things lifted or moved would weigh in the real world and, in cases where a powerful force is resisted or overcome, by estimating the influence that power would have in the real world, too.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good way is to judge by surroundings. If someone flips over something that is shown to be larger than say, a building, you can get an estimate.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@thetruebarryallen said:

Often times I believe people compare them to real world objects.

Say Aquaman lifts a cruise ship, people would probably then look up the average weight for such a ship and estimate his strength feat to be around that area.

I don't exactly know if that's how people do it, but it seems logical to do it that way.

Pretty much this. (That's a 100,000+ ton feat btw ;P)