#1 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7813 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this sounds like a newb question, but I've never really set up a pull-list with my local comic-shop.

I would have a few I'd go in and pick up off the shelf every month, but that's it, because I didn't really need one until I moved recently.

My local comic-shop was only about five blocks away and I would walk there every Wednesday.

But, sense I moved the nearest one is a half hours drive away and I don't usually get there till the weekend or even the next month sometimes.

So, I thought it would be worthwhile to get an actual pull-list.

But, I have a few questions:

• How do I set one up?
  • I remember hearing somewhere that you can also get a small discount when you have one. If this is true, how much is it?
  • Is there a fee?
  • And last but not least: typically how long do they hold them for you?

Anyways, thanks for reading.

Any info is appreciated. :)

#2 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7813 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#3 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

To answer the questions..

To set one up, just ask if they even allow pull lists. More stores definitely do, and then pick the issues you want to be added into the pull list. That should go fine.

As for the discount/fee, depends on the store. I didn't get a fee when I started my pull list, nor did I remember getting a discount. I know one store, depending on the issues in your pull list, would discount the overall price. If you only add about two issues, I don't see you getting a discount.

As for how long do they keep it for you.. again, all depends on the store. The store I go to is generous, and allowed up to four weeks after the issue came in.

Again, all depends on the store. I'd ask these questions to the people working, they should be very happy to answer your questions!

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (41073 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

Ok bro, to set up a pull list, you just need to ask your comic shop if they have one. Most credible, business friendly comic shops have one. Some comic shops will give you a discount for setting up a pull list, some won't. For almost all comic shops, there is no fee for signing up for a pull list. They're assholes if they do charge you for setting up a pull list. Most comic shops hold your comics on your pull list for a month.

Hope I helped.

#5 Edited by ccraft (5202 posts) - - Show Bio

Before I switch to digital, my LCS actually asked me if I wanted a pull list and told me what it was.

For the discounts, I didn't get any, but around last Christmas my LCS owner gave me JL issue 12 (I think) new 52 issue for free. That was pretty cool.

#6 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7813 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7813 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft:

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

#8 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

write a list of books you want to read, then buy what you can afford. Pull list accomplished.

#9 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7813 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

Well, like I said: Sometimes I don't get to my comic-shop till the next month sometimes. They have a few back issues at a time on the shelves, but there's been a couple of times that they're sold out by the time I get there.

That's one of the main reasons why I want to set up actual pull-list.

#10 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5376 posts) - - Show Bio

@Battle_Forum_Junkie. Just find what you like and create the list. My old LCS gave a 10% discount as long as you carried 10 books a month. I'd look for whatever caught my eye and sometimes my guy at the store would recommend stuff to me. Shout out to Beyond Comics in Gaithersburg Maryland!!

#11 Posted by sagejonathan (1932 posts) - - Show Bio

It is very easy to make a pull list. Here's how I did it. I walked up to the cashier and asked said, "I'd like to make a pull list." I payed $5 and told him the titles I wanted as well as some general info like name, birthday, and contact info. That's it. If you want to make an adjustment just tell them or contact them.

#12 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7813 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm going to set one up too. Useful thread.

#14 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7813 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by ccraft (5202 posts) - - Show Bio