How do i buy new issues when they come out?

crimson26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crimson26

Very noob question but i just started getting into comics never read them growing up, and just recently got into them with walking dead comics. I want to get the walking dead issues but im not sure how it exactly works. Right now i just own the hc books 1-8. Which go to issue 96. Im kinda confused on how to get them so you have to go to your local comic book shop and reserve them you can order stuff online like most things these days?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

There are a couple of different ways.

• You can just walk into your comic book shop and grab the issues
  • You can set up a pull list with your comic shop. Most shops that I know of run their pull lists through the Comixology website, but that's something you need to ask the folks in your shop about.
  • If you're planning on reading them digitally, you can set up a Comixology account and buy the digital issues when they come out and read them on your computer/tablet/iProduct
  • You can also set up a subscription through bookstores online or Marvel/DC/etc and they ship the comics to you
crimson26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crimson26

@Mercy_ said:

There are a couple of different ways.

• You can just walk into your comic book shop and grab the issues
  • You can set up a pull list with your comic shop. Most shops that I know of run their pull lists through the Comixology website, but that's something you need to ask the folks in your shop about.
  • If you're planning on reading them digitally, you can set up a Comixology account and buy the digital issues when they come out and read them on your computer/tablet/iProduct
  • You can also set up a subscription through bookstores online or Marvel/DC/etc and they ship the comics to you

I looked into it and i dont think image does subscriptions at all.

How likely am i to actually find a copy when it comes out and in comic book store? I guess its best if i go and just ask them my self and see when or how many they get.

Not sure about digital i prefer physical copy plus i only have an iphone not ipad or anything big to read it on.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

@crimson26: It really differs on a store by store basis. Your best bet is to start a pull list with your store. Just talk to one of the guys/gals working there next time you're in and ask them how they handle that stuff. Some stores also offer a discount to members who use a pull list with them (I get 10% off at my store for having one).

They've managed the comixology app so that it's formatted for your iPhone, you can zoom in panel by panel and all that, but it's not the ideal way to read them.

crimson26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crimson26

@Mercy_ said:

@crimson26: It really differs on a store by store basis. Your best bet is to start a pull list with your store. Just talk to one of the guys/gals working there next time you're in and ask them how they handle that stuff. Some stores also offer a discount to members who use a pull list with them (I get 10% off at my store for having one).

They've managed the comixology app so that it's formatted for your iPhone, you can zoom in panel by panel and all that, but it's not the ideal way to read them.

Ill just go in and see. Only thing im worried about is spending alot of money. I feel as though i could get addicted to collecting the issues and want go get all 100 alone. Which is likely costly.