How could MCU Civil War work?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Considering the fact that Fox owns the rights to X-men and Fantastic Four, while Sony holds Spider-man, how do you think this could work?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Buy em all. Otherwise, there will be no superhuman in the MCU which will be subjected to the Registration.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By rev_sulphur

It won't.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

They probably won't mention X-men or Spider-Man at all in this movie and they might have a different story line for the movie like maybe Captain America and Iron Man might end up fighting each other based on Iron Man's actions in making Ultron, if what they said about the plot in Avengers 2 is true.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won't, Marvel don't have rights to a lot of the superhuman characters that were important in the story...

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It won't work. Marvel doesn't have rights to necessary characters. On top of that fact, Marvel is all over the place as it.

I doubt the MCU can handle the necessary characters without compromising the integrity of such a delicate story.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't think they need X-Men and the FF. If it starts circa 2020 then they should have enough, it would be nice to have Spidey, but if they don't, it could still work.

Off the top of my head the heroes you would imagine would be involved who are confirmed are:

• Captain America
  • Iron Man
  • Hulk (Maybe?)
  • Thor (Maybe Ragnarok)
  • Black Widow
  • Daredevil
  • Falcon
  • Hawkeye
  • War Machine
  • Ant Man
  • The Winter Soldier
  • Nick Fury
  • Quicksilver
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Deathlok
  • Luke Cage
  • Vision
  • Iron Fist
  • Jessica Jones
  • Maria Hill
  • Dr Strange

Plus we've seen that many other Superhumans exist in the MCU through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., then there are other characters that might pop up in the Netflix shows like Elektra, Misty Knight etc

And in a few years we could also have:

• Punisher
  • Blade
  • Black Panther
  • Inhumans
  • Ms Marvel
  • Moon Knight

Then add Spider-man (possibly), then add in villains...so yeah, I think they'll easily have enough. They don't really need the FF and the X-Men, it doesn't have to follow the exact plot of the comic run, the basic premise of Cap vs Iron Man over the superhuman registration act is enough.

SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator
Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher NEEDS a Netflix show

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

@xxedward_kenwayxx: I'd be happy if they incorporated the Punisher: Warzone into the MCU, I actually really enjoyed that film and Ray Stevenson is already in with Marvel as Volstagg.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

don't know, don't care, but if they make thor a bad guy I WILL BURN SHIT DOWN

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie versions of comic events are changed with slight similarities. The movies are their own. When people jump for joy that the mention of certain parts of their fave comic even is brought to the big screen i shake my head a bit. They are changed so much they it's clearly it's own thing.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much material for a film.

SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Probably, and I hope so, but who knows? Maybe the netflix series can connect with the MCU.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

needs to be a world war hulk before civil war.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By TheDandyMan

Isn't it gonna cost loads just to get a good amount of heroes in the movies? I suppose it's possible but money-wise, it will be interesting how things go.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just make a few changes, like have Thor join Cap's side, and have Hulk on Iron Man's side. All you really need to do is establish two different forces with different ideals, one side led by Cap, and the other by Iron Man. It won't be as big as it was in the comics, but that would be better since it is a film.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rogueshadow: Stan Lee has pretty much confirmed Black Panther and Doc Strange are in development.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

@maccyd said:

@rogueshadow: Stan Lee has pretty much confirmed Black Panther and Doc Strange are in development.

We know DS is coming in 2016 and BP is probably one of the announced dates, but Stan Lee has said that a few times, so has Feige over the past few years, 'hey're 'developing' them, it's just what stage of development they are at. I think they've been figuring out how to get them both in for a while, they are both difficult characters to fit into the MCU's narrative, similar to Blade and Thor.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I agree with Strange being difficult, since they've made magic taboo now (why I don't know).

As for Panther, his connection to Vibranium (which has replaced Adamantium) should be enough IMO to connect him. Even Ultron is rumoured to use the stuff now, which would have be a great opportunity to include him. Tbh it's arguably as difficult as including the GOTG, since they are never connected directly.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In answer to the OP, I'm more worried about having enough characters by then to make it like an event.

They don't need the characters from the other companies, they can just use what they already have, replace the roles if necessary. It doesn't matter as the narrative was never going to be the same, the setup couldn't possibly be similar to that of ongoing comics.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator

@maccyd: Panther's difficult more because of the general concept rather than how it would fit - King of a hyper advanced mystical tribal nation in Africa with powers from a Panther God avenging his father's death - it's a difficult thing to pull off and be good in my opinion, you'd need a hyper-talented guy in the vein of James Gunn to pull it off.

I actually think GOTG was actually easier because it was its own crazy ball of weirdness in a different Galaxy altogether, it could have easily existed entirely independently of the MCU.

I don't really know why they didn't use magic tbh, in old interviews they said it was because Iron Man's and science had already been so strongly established they felt that throwing in magic would lack synchronisity, but I don't think anybody would have batted an eye, it could have been resolved with a few lines. Plus it would have directly lead into IM3, since Tony is supposed to be reeling from everything he'd witnessed in the Avengers, a magical thunder God would come under that bracket.

Studios underestimate their audience's ability to follow a movie a little bit in my opinion.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MakkyD

@rogueshadow: Hopefully with GOTG being a huge sucess, they'll have to stones to pull off a proper Black Panther.

They could probably do something similar with BP, since Wakanda is meant to isolationist anyway. Have the indirect connection be Vibranium, same as GOTG had Thanos.

As for magic, I heard that it was more so the personal opinion of Feige, that he doesn't like the concept so he eliminated it. They probably went in the opposite direction of what was intended with that decision IMO, since in Thor 2, they kept adding in lines to remind the viewer that BTW these are still aliens with advanced science. For doctor strange, I'm sure that a guy who uses magic that isn't magic but science that is like magic is easier for audiences to follow...

I agree with the last statement, it's almost like haven't heard of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, which were beloved by audiences.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator

@maccyd: Probably, the whole advanced alien gig is way more convoluted anyway, it definitely feels like it was one guys opinion, because the whole idea of Asgardians being hyper advanced superhumans from a different realm/who use space ships and forcefields yet still wield swords and hammers, which by the way shoot lightning and energy blasts and have worthiness enchanntments and blah blah blah is far more complicated than just saying: it's magic, Thor is magical. Magic is the best plot device known to man. It's not even like they were introducing magic from the left field in Phase 3 or something, it was phase one, the whole universe was still in its antenatal stage by Thor.

Have you seen this artwork? This is a great springboard for a Black Panther film:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/03/05/is-this-what-wakanda-will-look-like-in-marvel-s-black-panther-movie-1264835?lt_source=external,manual

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MakkyD

@rogueshadow: Yeah I can just imagine Dumbledore giving a several minute long technobabble explanation of how expelliarmus works to Harry in the first film, instead of pretty much just saying "It's Magic...!".

Wow, that's some great artwork, can't believe it's done by fans. The techno-African mysticism theme/art style should not only separate it from the rest of the MCU, but pretty much any other film out there.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@maccyd said:

@rogueshadow: Yeah I can just imagine Dumbledore giving a several minute long technobabble explanation of how expelliarmus works to Harry in the first film, instead of pretty much just saying "It's Magic...!".

Wow, that's some great artwork, can't believe it's done by fans. The techno-African mysticism theme/art style should not only separate it from the rest of the MCU, but pretty much any other film out there.

Hagrid: 'You're a reality warper with an intrinsic connection to the universe that allows you to alter the physical plane of existence by using a wooden stick which has a hair from another creature that can warp reality to conduct this unique energy potential through it by collating your spatio-temporal matter manipulating energies into a confined source, Harry!'

'Da f*ck?'
'Da f*ck?'

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By danhimself
No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#33  Edited By Teerack
No Caption Provided

Done!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@vitalius said:

@symbioticspider-man:

MCU had some Punisher´s easter eggs.

Really? What and where were they?

I know one. In Iron Man, Mamdarim´s Hideout/Lair has Punisher´s symbol on a flag. But i saw people saying that they also saw on Avengers and Captain America 2.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough heroes. And whichever side has Hulk(if they use him) wins.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A live action Civil War movie could be SO cool.

But it should be its own Movie instead of Captain America 3.

Just imagine if they earned the rights to Spider-Man back... and then they had that scene with the Punisher where Frank saves Peter from Jack O' Lantern and Jester.

...they need to make a Punisher/Spiderman movie.

SONY SELL THE DAMN RIGHTS BACK DAMN IT!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

As long as Mark Millar isn't involved in production, Marvel can do whatever the hell they want with it, as far as I'm concerned.

That was worded poorly.

RadioStar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking that somehow a large population become Inhumans or some sort of mutates, which causes the US government to make some sort of act to get all these super powered beings registered.