#1 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading a Vs. debate with some Hulks against a team of heroes, which just happened to have Storm as a member. As I was reading the supporters of the Hulk I kept thinking why the hell is Storm allowing the Hulks to remain on the battlefield when a strong wind could easily remove them.

So why do people with the ability to move objects always try to meet the Hulks head-on with a force-bolt/energy bolts, why not try lifting them up and removing them from the battlefield? None of the Hulks can fly or have the Blob's ability to become unmovable so why do most encounters with Hulks always start with the hero/villain trying to overpower them with attacks that will only slow them down. Wouldn't a "Battle Field Removal" be much easier?

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva: even if hulk was removed he would easily return to the battle field, he has a homing ability, he can find anyone he desires without knowing where they are, furthermore hulks mass makes him very hard to lift, nightcrawler could not telephoner hulk out of the battle field because of his great mass. i'm assuming you are referring to the wwh vs x-men/x-factor battle. if he had been removed, he would easily return since that fight took place Charles's institute

#3 Posted by quirky_anecdotes (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Lord Shiva: even if hulk was removed he would easily return to the battle field, he has a homing ability, he can find anyone he desires without knowing where they are, furthermore hulks mass makes him very hard to lift, nightcrawler could not telephoner hulk out of the battle field because of his great mass. i'm assuming you are referring to the wwh vs x-men/x-factor battle. if he had been removed, he would easily return since that fight took place Charles's institute

Even so. Why not have someone transport The Hulk into another universe? Unless you're saying the hulk has the ability to transverse universes as well.

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@quirky_anecdotes said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

Even so. Why not have someone transport The Hulk into another universe? Unless you're saying the hulk has the ability to transverse universes as well.

well dr strange has done that before , and no hulk cannot travel through universes , but the OP brought storm as an example

#5 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

He can come back and get thrown again....the Hulk only weighs 1000lbs (She-Hulk-650lbs, Red Hulk-1200lbs) and his weight can easily be handled by someone with Storm/Sue/Jean/Justice/Magneto's abilities.

I can understand why he's a problem for characters like Hercules/Colossus/Wonder Man but for anybody with any common sense and the abililty to move objects, he should be a minor annoyance. Now keep in mind, all bets are off, if you allow him within strike range.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

He can come back and get thrown again....the Hulk only weighs 1000lbs (She-Hulk-650lbs, Red Hulk-1200lbs) and his weight can easily be handled by someone with Storm/Sue/Jean/Justice/Magneto's abilities.

I can understand why he's a problem for characters like Hercules/Colossus/Wonder Man but for anybody with any common sense and the abililty to move objects, he should be a minor annoyance. Now keep in mind, all bets are off, if you allow him within strike range.

yeah but how many times do you have to realize that that will not KO him, hulk doesn't tire , so it's just a 5 minute break if you could give the situation a name, besides , despite hulk being childish , he is not stupid , he sty something new, thunderclaps, earthquakes , throwing derbies

by the way are you referring to the wwh vs x-men ?

#7 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Lord Shiva said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

yeah but how many times do you have to realize that that will not KO him, hulk doesn't tire , so it's just a 5 minute break if you could give the situation a name, besides , despite hulk being childish , he is not stupid , he sty something new, thunderclaps, earthquakes , throwing derbies

All that sound great if they allow him to get close. Without the ability to fly or an power to stick to the ground, the Hulks options of defeating said characters is very limited. If he can't physically reach them,

And no, I had know idea there was a WWH Vs. X-Men thread here.....this idea came from another board.

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Lord Shiva said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

All that sound great if they allow him to get close. Without the ability to fly or an power to stick to the ground, the Hulks options of defeating said characters is very limited. If he can't physically reach them,

And no, I had know idea there was a WWH Vs. X-Men thread here.....this idea came from another board.

the problem is that the others will tire while hulk will keep commie back until they are left powerless , thats probably why he does not get BFR'd. the WWHulk vs x-men/x-factor isn't thread , its a comic

#9 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

I would imagine Storm would use her powers once or twice to push the Hulk back. The third time if and when the Hulk approaches her I think the force from being propelled by his leg muscles would push him towarrds storm faster than she can blow him.

#10 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen him BFR lots of times but yeah one jump and he's back where he started. Yeah Storm should be able to do that but the problem is that BFR only makes Hulk madder and stronger which is why they don't do certain things to him strategically .

#11 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Throw him in space and he can't "jump back."

#12 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor said:

Throw him in space and he can't "jump back."

Well there you go. He can get as mad as he wants to in space

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva: THE SAVAGE HULK has jumped as far as space as before, and ask thor how well throwing hulk into space worked out for him, the only reason hulk didn't come back because he didn't care, he just wanted to cause destruction

#14 Posted by Mazinken (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know that storm can send someone flying to space? did she ever did it? and when?

#15 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: @Lord Shiva: been done. survived re-entry. and so did his pants too. strange.

#17 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

@Magethor: @Lord Shiva: been done. survived re-entry. and so did his pants too. strange.

thank you

#18 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mazinken: nope never

#19 Posted by mgrman5 (588 posts) - - Show Bio

What if the Hulk were thrown to a distant planet like Jupiter or Mars, I bet some one like Iron Man or Silver Surfer could just BFR him to one of those places, the moon I think is to close to Earth and he would just jump off of it and fall towards Earth. Or they can just leave him in empty space with no way of moving himself.

#20 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Because hulk smash

#21 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@/mgrman5/... He'd make it back to Earth by creating thrust via a Hulkified fart... Really i mean in the real world fine that would work but in comics characters always make it back from empty space . Hulk has already jumped from the moon to Earth and all kinds of things like this before... Besides I don't think Storm could make a tornado that can throw Hulk into space anyway.

#22 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enosisik said:

@/mgrman5/... He'd make it back to Earth by creating thrust via a Hulkified fart... Really i mean in the real world fine that would work but in comics characters always make it back from empty space . Hulk has already jumped from the moon to Earth and all kinds of things like this before... Besides I don't think Storm could make a tornado that can throw Hulk into space anyway.

She can

#23 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no gravity in space.. So there's no such thing as too far . You just keep going .

#24 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

@JohnnyWalker said:

Actually, I have a scan somewhere around here were his pants don't survive. Let me dig it up.

#25 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Thor BFR him in Fear Itself?

#26 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor said:

@TheAcidSkull:

@JohnnyWalker said:

Actually, I have a scan somewhere around here were his pants don't survive. Let me dig it up.

3rd scan: "Can someone get me a new pair of pants?"

#27 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: not this one. a much older one. cant remember where i saw it though.

#28 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

@Magethor: not this one. a much older one. cant remember where i saw it though.

I think you must be talking about the one where he fights Silver Surfer 3 times in a row.

#29 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enosisik said:

There's no gravity in space.. So there's no such thing as too far . You just keep going .

There is gravity in space. If there wasn't the Earth wouldn't be orbiting the Sun. You may be thinking of the lack of particles to cause friction and slow him down.

#30 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@/guttridgeb..Thanks Mr.Wizard but I'm pretty sure ppl know what I mean. ' no gravity as in general ability to float around' as in the general sense that ppl say zero gravity. As in gravity is weak and yes nothing to stop momentum.

#31 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor No I didn't make it from another thread, it was just something that was on my mind. To me, Vector is a idiot, again someone trying to over power the Hulk with force beam, when a TK lift and push would be better