#1 Edited by Thewhiteronin (727 posts) - - Show Bio

This question has been on my mind for awhile, since many of the Robins went solo to the extent where they became major heroes like Nightwing and Red Robin, whilst a Robin became a somewhat major villain to the Batman family named Red Hood. I think it would have been interesting to have characters like Babara Gordon become an original hero instead of turning her into a paraplegic in The Killing Joke. Your thoughts?

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say the Barbara Gordon Batgirl was a prominent hero.

She was part of the 1960's TV series, many Batman cartoons and a whole lot of licensed merchandise.

#3 Posted by Thewhiteronin (727 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say the Barbara Gordon Batgirl was a prominent hero.

She was part of the 1960's TV series, many Batman cartoons and a whole lot of licensed merchandise.

Indeed, when people think of Batgirl, Barbara comes to mind. But what I meant from this thread was that how come none of the Batgirls left to go solo, like how Dick Grayson became Nightwing or how Tim Drake became Red Robin

#4 Posted by Jake Fury (19264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Batgirl's current title qualifies as a pretty big success for her.

#5 Edited by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara didn't become just a paraplegic, she became Oracle. Admittedly, not exactly a job that gets endless applause, but prior to the New 52, she coordinated and supplied information to the Justice League, the Gotham Knights (or whatever the group of Batman and ex Robins are called as a group), the Birds of Prey, and I think she put together operations in various regions without superheroes, supplying information to certain groups that served her interests.

Basically, she was a benevolent version of the CIA for the superhero community. For those without supersenses, she put them where they could do the most good.

As for Cassandra Cain, she became Black Bat, though I never got the opportunity to read anything with her in that persona.

And as for Stephanie... Well, the less said about Stephanie, the better.

#6 Edited by BlackWind (7236 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they are BATgirls. Until they become their own heroine, they are just a hanger on of Batman. Dick already overcame this hurdle, and no one will ever do it as well as him. If you want every hero in DC, and possibly even some villains coming for your ass, fu** with Nightwing. I guarantee you'll be an unrecognizable wreck the next day.

#7 Posted by XIII (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't Batgirl and Batwoman have their own series out? 13

#8 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

As I remember, Carrie Kelly was turned from Batgirl into Catgirl.

#9 Posted by Pokeysteve (8691 posts) - - Show Bio

Huntress was doing her own thing BEFORE she was Batgirl.