How can omnipotence and omniscience be "proven" in comics?

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyZ256

This website is all about feats, but it seems to me that omnipotence and omniscience cannot possibly be "proven" by feats. There is no way to show the TOAA, for example, literally doing everything, nor can another character be shown to literally know all things. These qualities must either be stated in a character's dialogue, or in the writer's "comments" in the comic book panels.

So, do the writer's comments have more weight in these matters? Are such comments considered unquestionable since the writer said it, and not a (possibly biased) character? If not, then I don't see how any character could be considered to be unquestionably omnipotent or omniscient, for the reason given above.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOAA is omnipotent and omniscient. There is no reason for people like him to ever have to prove this, so they never do. So yes, when writers say something, it is true, in the case of TOAA at least. If it is only one writer, and others disagree then that is a problem but everyone knows TOAA is omni, since he is really just the creators at Marvel.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or maybe the writers just want people to think that TOAA is omnipotent and omnisicent. That's why I asked if the writer's comments are considered to be unquestionably canon. I don't think so, since Blob, for example, has been regarded as "unmovable" by the writers, when obviously this has been shown to not be the case.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kyrees

you can't prove the three omnis in comics because of the writer's tendency to write over such characters in one go and unless they are the characters themselves (which is another argument altogether), any comic character is under the writer character.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little yellow box in the corner saying that this character is Omnipotent, or Omniscient.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UNTIL YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.