Edited By Squalleon

deleted.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@theacidskull: I know it's hard leaving your favorite heroes behind but i can't support DC right now, it just not feel right.
I am thinking of starting Saga and catch-up with X-0 Manowar, i am not really interested in TMNT but i may give it a shot.
Any other recommendations?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Yea something very wrong is happening down t DC HQ right now

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Outside_85

I will point out that according to Bleedingcool Diggle originally pitched AC featuring Superman loosing an arm and having to deal with it before regrowing it. Similarly Snyder apparently wanted Alfred to loose a hand in DotF... which wouldn't bother me as much and actually give that story a lasting impact other than a hole in the ground where a circus used to be (since Todd just regrew his acid burned face and Tim was only bonkers because of Trigon).

As bad as DC and it's editorial is, and it's extremely bad, there are occasionally a planetary alignment and they do something good.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I really hope that they will fix it because it is ironic that the greatest modern heroes are being owned by corporate-slaves.
I can say that i don't think it is only the editors fault but WARNER has something to do with it.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

No offense bro, but protesting DC pr Marvel isn't going to make any difference. If one costumer stops reading their books (if they even hear of your existence) they won't care. They're massive companies and the way they handle their titles are making them money, so they aren't going to change it any time soon. You're honestly just punishing yourself if you stop reading your favorite books because of this problem. It's not going to make any change to them, though it deprives you of some awesome titles. But in the end, it's your choice.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I think i will try Invincible i like super heroes and it's said it is great....god i need to catch up with it quickly :-P
I may start the Manhattan Projects cause i am a sucker for science.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: Alone i may not make a difference but if others leave too Dc will notice that something is wrong.

I am currently living in a country that the people have lost hope on fighting the system with this "i can't make a difference" attitude. I won't have that in my hobby!
If everyone starts leaving or protesting, we will get results but not many have the stomach for that.
Also If I leave now i will get better quality in the future when Dc probably becomes better...probably.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@rulerofthisuniverse: Yes what he's doing does matter because he's communicating to dc through the only language they speak: the language of profits

Ok so maybe he's just one guy but at least he's making a stand against this crappy attitude unlike other people who are supposedly bothered yet do nothing to change it

Plus i wouldnt say he's missing out on some awesome titles since there's plenty of great indie comics out there for him to read

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

@squalleon: Well the Walking dead is a consistent and good series, so is Invincible, try the Legend of Luthor Strode too :P

If you're going to read Luther Strode, start with The Strange Talent of Luther Strode first. Then follow it with The Legend of Luther Strode.

Riot_Sqrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

@squalleon, there is the other fantastic option, of course. Outrage with the status quo leads to one wonderful alternative that I suspect you are capable of pursuing. The dying words of the Buddha... the old punk ethos... even Frank Sinatra... they'd all agree that rather than wait for someone else to guess at your dreams and make them come true,

Be your own lamp. Do It Yourself. Do it [your] way.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Squalleon

@the_tree: I am not really into over the top violence so Luthor Strode won't be one of my first choices :-P
Anything you wanna recommend me :-)

ALSO THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS, I AM REALLY HAPPY THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARE!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Squalleon

@riot_sqrrl: I already start doing fan fiction :-P
But i am not sure what you really meant? It would be nice if you could explain me :-)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I gave up on the New 52 months ago, I tried to get into but couldn't get over how inconsistent the titles were. Currently I'm only reading Batman Beyond and Justice League Beyond, which thankfully are in their own little corner of the DC Multiverse and the writers there can do what they please, which so far has allowed great stories to come forth from those titles.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

It's amazing how some fans see the big picture, unlike people like me who only read because it's fun you do the research and takes a stand. Kudos!

Riot_Sqrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Create. Publish. Share.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I don't gave up on the stories. I think the new 52 is capable of good storytelling if it's handled well.
I gave up on the company. I know that companies only care about profit but at the right hands companies can trancend past that.
I love Adventures of superman but i don't want to give any amount of money to DC entairtaiment on any form.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: You should pick up Trillium that just came out. Fantastic first issue. And it's only 8 issues long so it's going to have a definite ending most likely. Manhattan Projects has been great and the first two trades of that are out. I know you said you're not really interested in TMNT but I would highly recommended you start reading it. The trades are pretty cheap online and you could start reading with the beginning of the latest arc City Fall and not be lost.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riot_sqrrl: oh i get it right at first..hehe i am happy now.
Seriously though i am from Greece so making a comic here is difficult :-P. I will try if i think about the material though. But my first love is music.http://www.reverbnation.com/RQB/songs here this is my band page all songs are original ours.

@themanintheshoe: Thanks :-)

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@outside_85: I'm a huge Superman fan but if DC let Diggle run with that idea I would've been happy. it sounds awesome. If only DC left Diggle and Daniel on Action had Greg Pak and Aaron Kuder take over Superman and launch Unchained with Jim Lee the Superman books would be going so strong right now.

@squalleon Good for you man. I agree but I would never leave DC because of Superman. He holds too much of a special place in my heart....

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I can still love the character in other shapes or forms. Buy back issues from indipendent sellers or write fan fictions with him(which i am doing).

You have to sacrifice something for the greater good, i know that sound corny and stupid but hey....my favorite super-hero is superman what do you expect :-P
I love DC's superheroes with all my heart but I will not compromise what i believe as stupid as that may be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dude, if you're going to start reading indie and only indie, you need to get yourself engrossed in the Valiant Universe.

Wide variety of characters, lots of upcoming titles, regular crossovers and references in a Marvel/DC type universe, and absolutely fantastic writing, art and stories. And the best part is, the reboot wasn't even that long ago, so there's no issue with catching up.

Here are some ongoing series you can start collecting:

Quantum and Woody - Only #1 and 2 are out, so it's not going to be hard to catch up.

Eternal Warrior - #1 comes out September 11th, so look out for that. It's going to be epic.

Unity - #1 is Valiants first team book , featuring Eternal Warrior, Ninjak (getting his own book soon), and two others. It also features X-O Manowar as the villain, so that's going to be interesting.

Get these books in TPB:

Archer and Armstrong

Bloodshot

Harbinger

X-O Manowar

Shadowman

Seriously, Valiant has done nothing but put out good titles. I think they're actually doing better than Marvel and DC pound for pound. The best part for me is the completely connected universe they have set up. Every single character has some kind of history with one another.

Valiant > Marvel/DC

Riot_Sqrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PM me a mailing address and I'll contribute to your new collection.

Also, I am the barrister for the Queen of an African nation who is dying from, uh, some mystery illness. Yeah, that's the ticket. My minions have done research and found that, um, you are her legal heir, whatever your name is. With your information, we can direct deposit your inheritance directly into your account! Doesn't this sound too good to be true?

Well, one of these offers is sincere, and the other is poop.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Respect me brutha

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Imaginary bro fist. I hope more show their dissapointment to DC's editorial by buying more titles or protest in any way they can.
@riot_sqrrl:When do i get the fortune :-P We haven't made a collection yet because we have been away due to university. These are more of samples than an music album.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Of course but I can't leave DC my love for Superman is too strong even in the worst of times. Have you finished any of you're fan fiction stories I would like to read them. I love reading Fan Fiction with my favourite characters

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@stormbox: That is the exact problem: he's just one guy. If there was a whole movement or Internet group against how DC and Marvel treat their writers and artists and it had enough followers, you might see a change. But DC or Marvel aren't going to care about 1 guy.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

ii guess im really in the minority, for liking superman comics now lol

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: Unchained is good but i drop dc because of their work ethics.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rulerofthisuniverse: Well it isn't just him that's jumped off the DC bandwagon I dumped all my books except for 2 because of DC's crap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I honestly despise the way DC is treating the writers and artists. I only get 4 titles from them. mostly Superman related books (Unchained, Action, Bats/Supes) along with Justice League. Superman is pretty much the only thing holding me with DC. other than that DC would not be getting a single penny from me. even though I love Shazam, Batman, Flash etc...

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Squalleon

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: The only reason i am dropping Supes is because he is one of their money makers.
So that's where i feel will hit them the most.
I will certaintly miss being active in the superman forums but i don't want to give DC a single penny right now. I will buy old stories from second-hand buyers so DC won't see a penny from there. I am thinking of buying silver age classics ;-)
I will catch up with Unchained and AC in trade format in the future(near or far i don't know).
All the titles you mentioned are great and you do good for supporting them, i just feel that they could have been better if DC acted differently :-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I respect what you're doing and find you're reasoning behind it solid. It's a good idea to get the trades since these are runs worth getting. I'm a terrible trade waiter though.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still reading Pre-52. Still prefer it over this crap.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

@squalleon: I respect what you're doing and find you're reasoning behind it solid. It's a good idea to get the trades since these are runs worth getting. I'm a terrible trade waiter though.

Personally I only get trades. Too much of pain to find a spot to the store monthlies - would probably end up just collecting dust.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The title of this thread is hilariously misleading.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashknight: I put my monthlies in a pile in my room separate though Marvel Monthlies together and DC monthlies together. Everything else goes into my special room where I have my movies, games, comic collection etc.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've pretty much dropped all New 52 in favor of reading Pre-New 52. I may come back to New 52 stories particularly Batman\Superman and The Flash in trade paperback form at a later date. But right now, I just don't care for the direction DC is going in with comics. Reading and rereading older stuff is infinitely better than reading new stuff that doesn't spark your interest.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@end_boss: Yeah i should have said gb DC comics in general :-P

@juliedc said:

I've pretty much dropped all New 52 in favor of reading Pre-New 52. I may come back to New 52 stories particularly Batman\Superman and The Flash in trade paperback form at a later date. But right now, I just don't care for the direction DC is going in with comics. Reading and rereading older stuff is infinitely better than reading new stuff that doesn't spark your interest.

For me it's not about quality since i like some New 52 stories but about DC's work ethics and editorial management.
Not allowing the creative team to take liberties and incosistently change them from book to book until they quit is bad management.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Stick to Unchained and wait for November for Greg Pak.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Let me say it again cause it seems people only read the title.

For me it's not about quality since i like some New 52 stories but about DC's work ethics and editorial management.

Not allowing the creative team to take liberties and incosistently change them from book to book until they quit is bad management. And i protest to that the only way i can.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Saga, Walking Dead and Invincible

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Let me say it again cause it seems people only read the title.

Not allowing the creative team to take liberties and incosistently change them from book to book until they quit is bad management. And i protest to that the only way i can.

Its DC...They suck when it comes to this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#48  Edited By Lvenger

This is a very admirable thing to do. But I'm sorry to be blunt when I say this: This won't work. One little quitting from buying DC doesn't change a thing I'm afraid. You're just depriving yourself of good DC Comics over a meaningless message. You can defend it all you want but honestly, you're accomplishing nothing. I wish it weren't so but this will do nothing to change DC's situation over their editorial interference and treatment of creators whatsoever. You're sacrificing your enjoyment of Superman for nothing.

If I've learnt anything from my 'discussions' with Dan Slott and Scott Lobdell on here, it's that they don't give a damn what you or I say. To them, only the praise of some warped minded creators along with writing their own fan fiction and selling it in bucketloads is what they think about. They don't care if one person quits over these things because sales are still strong. I'm not buying as many DC or Marvel books as I used to but there are still good quality titles that deserve to be supported. And still, Marvel are actually doing much worse than DC at the moment given the constant events and seeming glee they take in pi$$ing off the fans. DC are looking good by their standards.

So, I conclude, don't deprive yourself of the few good Superman stories there are in the New 52. You're just cutting down on enjoying them for yourself and ultimately, Superman stories are there to be enjoyed, not ignored by the fans. I see far more wrong in this decision than there is right unfortunately.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to the IDW side, we got Transformers, Godzilla, Ninja Turtles, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Cthulhu Mythos, and G.I Joe.

Enjoy your stay.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I decided i will keep reading Superman Unchained (so much for making a stand)
But i will drop everything else. There are so much better books out there. And DC could make theirs better if they allowed some freedom to their creative teams and respect. I am thinking of keeping up with the other titles in tpb by second-hand buyers. Either way from where i am i have to pre-orders the issues 3 months in advance so i will keep reading everything until october :-P

Even though this might not change anything, i am not doing it for them only, i am doing it because i feel better. My money goes to people who actually WANT to deliver a good story. Valiant is a company too but at least it tries to be good.

You can see how none in DC gives a f*** because they don't even know their own characters.
Lex Luthor one time is in Jail, the other in a ''Super Jail'', the other time he has scars and the other his face is not scarred. We currently have two Doc. Phychos. DC doesn't give a crap. They put so much thought in their cinematic universe that forgot to write comics.