hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

By being amazing.

JK um...

I dunno. As long as they don't oversexualize it.....ever. Or at all. That would be just fine. Feministic tones should be present, but not overbearing. Allow her compassion and motherly tenderness to balance her fierce, warrior spirit. It doesn't need to be a glorified Baywatch or anything.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By BadVoodoo

Key word: Oversexualize

I'd imagine she'd get a pair of pants with the new direction DC movies are going. And i don't mean that in a bad way. I know i'm probably alone in this but i actually liked supermans red underwear, it was a nice style so long as teenager x doesn't insert thong joker X.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668: I agree. Except the feminist tones. Having her own movie and being a powerful superhero should be enough, they don't have to add anything like that imho. It would be so typical of Hollywood to turn this movie into feminist propaganda though lol

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite

By being good.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be a flop.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@hart7668: I agree. Except the feminist tones. Having her own movie and being a powerful superhero should be enough, they don't have to add anything like that imho. It would be so typical of Hollywood to turn this movie into feminist propaganda though lol

What would you consider to be feminist propaganda?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668 said:

By being amazing.

JK um...

I dunno. As long as they don't oversexualize it.....ever. Or at all. That would be just fine. Feministic tones should be present, but not overbearing. Allow her compassion and motherly tenderness to balance her fierce, warrior spirit. It doesn't need to be a glorified Baywatch or anything.

This should definitely present in the movie, she's not arrogant or an angry teenager, she is wise, caring and compassionate, I'd be pissed if they ditch these aspects just to show her warrior side.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crouchingtiger: Well, I wouldn't particularly enjoy feminism, but the basis of Wonder Woman was built on an idea of "girl power" you know?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668 said:

@crouchingtiger: Well, I wouldn't particularly enjoy feminism, but the basis of Wonder Woman was built on an idea of "girl power" you know?

Could you elaborate on this? Just curious as it's a bit vague.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No movie can entertain everyone. There will always be at least a few people whom don't like it.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: If in this hypothetical movie they portrayed all the men as over-the-top chauvinistic with women being the victims of an orthodox patriarchal society with Wonder Woman to the rescue, I would have problems with it.

If it was a tad more subtle, like letting WW loose in downtown Chicago or something to view how "man's world" has degenerated and this warps her world view. However, she could also see men being quite chivalrous and respectful to balance it all out. But only if they pepper it in, not lay it on thick. Superman to me has undertones of immigration, Batman is largely about government corruption, and Wonder Woman is slightly about woman empowerment. As long as these are undertones and not the reason for the movie, it should go well. It's still basically a superhero movie.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668: If they showed all men as being bad people, that would be wrong, but that isn't what feminism is. Feminism is just about trying to get equality, so I think if the film showed her being strong, capable and a good superhero, it should be O.K. If they made it into some kind of "women are superior" thing, that would be a mistake.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hart7668

@v_scarlotte_rose: Well, there you go. Sounds good to me. I was probably meaning something of a female supremacist or victimization.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668: Yeah, it's probably going to be tricky to get the balance right.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

By being a good movie.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

she rides a raptor whilst it is standing on top of her invisible jet, think about it.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have wondered if the animated film (which most folks thought was good) could translate well into live action.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Key word: Oversexualize

I'd imagine she'd get a pair of pants with the new direction DC movies are going. And i don't mean that in a bad way. I know i'm probably alone in this but i actually liked supermans red underwear, it was a nice style so long as teenager x doesn't insert thong joker X.

gymnasts wear panties like that, and it's not like any fabrics would provide more protection that WW's skin

@hart7668: If they showed all men as being bad people, that would be wrong, but that isn't what feminism is. Feminism is just about trying to get equality, so I think if the film showed her being strong, capable and a good superhero, it should be O.K. If they made it into some kind of "women are superior" thing, that would be a mistake.

I don't know. "feminism" has been used to describe a lot of different groups over the years

and how has no one mentioned her original purpose as a dominatrix figure?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't make it too feminist at all, I don't wanna see sex in the city 3

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By having a main character that isn't Wonder Woman

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Don't make it too feminist at all, I don't wanna see sex in the city 3

not sure how much sense that makes.................

By having a main character that isn't Wonder Woman

SNAP!!!!!!

thetonester89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't collect Wonder Woman comics but I would be interested in a movie about her. Everyone knows who Wonder Woman is whether you collect comics or not. If they treat it the same as they did other superhero films it should be successful.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To the average parent and child/teen, she's Superman with less powers and tits.

It won't be interesting.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Wolverine008

It won't be interesting.

This.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won't be interesting.

Oh, that's nice. Let's belittle one of the first female superheroes that has been around since the 1940's and has legions of fans that love and look up to her as a symbol of female strength. The average person, if they even know who she is, just knows she is a just female superhero, not a female version of Superman. Older people may remember her from the Lynda Carter TV show that was pretty popular in the 70's. Teenagers may know her from the JL and JLU shows.

Wonder Woman has at least more name recognition than some of the Marvel heroes that are getting their own movies (who, outside of comic fans know who Ant Man or the Guardians of the Galaxy are?) Hollywood makes movies now just based on that. They'll make it, hoping people will recognize the name 'Wonder Woman' and go see it.

It is very possible for a Wonder Woman movie to be very good. There is still a unplumbed collection of female heroes that Marvel and DC have been ignoring (I choose to ignore the existance of the Catwoman and Elektra movies) and since women are a huge portion of the audience for Superhero movies, a WW movie can be quite sucessful financially. WB would have to approach the character with respect and not put her in some ridiculous stripper costume and not drastically alter her origin, basically make the opposite of the Catwoman movie.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hart7668 said:

By being amazing.

JK um...

It certainly has the potential to do amazing

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Perezite

How can a WW movie be succesful

By not having the Themiscyrans being flaming.