#1 Posted by sociald1077 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

As of this week I am up to 2798 books. I was kinda wondering how many books others had and how they store their books. Right now I have mine in cardboard boxes, but I'm thinking about upgrading to comic cube

As you can see by the picture, I'm kind of a DC fan :D

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30266 posts) - - Show Bio

Something like 3,000. Not exactly certain.

#3 Posted by _Zombie_ (10391 posts) - - Show Bio

Forty-something single issues and four trades.

#4 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just curious, do you board and bag your comic books? I was wondering about that for I've either been collecting for just the read, or for fun,

and I want to start a new collection as a hobby, like I've always wanted to do.

I'm looking to make a better collection in the near future, possibly all the Marvel/DC books I have about 350 something... (Or only the ones I really liked.)

#5 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I broke 100 single issues last week. I also have 3 trades. Not bad considering I just started reading comics in January. I have a long box with all my comics bagged and boarded.

#6 Posted by sociald1077 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@Archlord said:

I'm just curious, do you board and bag your comic books? I was wondering about that for I've either been collecting for just the read, or for fun,

and I want to start a new collection as a hobby, like I've always wanted to do.

I'm looking to make a better collection in the near future, possibly all the Marvel/DC books I have about 350 something... (Or only the ones I really liked.)

I do bag and board. I don't do it for snobby "Its gonna be worth a million dollars!!" reasons. I do it so I know my kids will be able to read them, and their kids as well.

#8 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

over 300 single issues

#9 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you know I've never counted. After my exams are over, I think I'm gonna count them.

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough

#11 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

my collection is not that big i started collecting last year i was always a comic fan just didnt have the money to get them til recently

#12 Posted by chalkshark (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

My collection is decidedly brobdingnagian in scale. A vast ocean of comics that long ago over ran one room in my house, & began encroaching into other living areas. Were I so inclined, I could open a comic shop, with my collection serving as stock. I gave up counting it years ago. I'm just not willing to give up that much of my life to the task of counting it all. Still, I do sometimes wonder.

#13 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

At peak 5000-6000 but over the years between space limitations and giving shopping bags of comics to my friends as gifts, I'm probably around 2-3000. I keep saying I'll go thought them all and organize them but I doubt I'll ever do it.

#14 Posted by Owie (3689 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon: Awesome name. I was thinking about putting the wave motion cannon up against some other powerful gun (I forget what) a while ago but figured no one would remember what it is.

I don't know how many I have, but it's about 9 long boxes.

#15 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol it's from an old anime , "Star Blazers" aka Space Cruiser Yamato.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (23899 posts) - - Show Bio

oh it's big,it's real big

#17 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@sociald1077: I agree. I love reading comic books, and I don't think I'll ever sell any of mine, whatever the price. I might buy them though... hahahaha...

Nice reply. You're a true comic book collecter, you collect them for the love and not for the money.

#18 Posted by The_Tree (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been collecting for about two years, I'd probably estimate around 600 issues.

#19 Posted by inferiorego (22850 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently at 10 long boxes filled (roughly 3,000) and about 200 trades.

Staff
#20 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a count at one point but lost it. All together I have over 10,000... I picked up around a thousand this year alone, so it may be more than that even... I'm about due for getting rid of some of these. In addition, I've got a couple hundred trades... that number I've never tallied.

#21 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I only have about 170. I would have more but I lost some when I moved from state to state.

#22 Posted by sociald1077 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist: Wow, do you keep them out and available to read, or in closets and the garage?

#23 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Roughly 1.8K single issues, of which about 40% are sealed. Now, if you were to include all the comics that I gave away prior to my reintroduction two years ago, well....lets just say double that.

#24 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

500-600 in boxes and probably another few hundred lying about

#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Around 200 single issues and 200 trades/hardcovers. 

#26 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

A few thousand.

#27 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sociald1077 said:

@TheOptimist: Wow, do you keep them out and available to read, or in closets and the garage?

It varies, depending on the type... I have some of them bagged and boarded in custom shelves, some in longboxes... a big chunk unbagged/unboarded kept in boxes in a storage room... I also have a large number that are kept handy to share with guests or potential newcomers to comics.

#28 Posted by MedioCORE (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I have 3.5 longboxes full (about 1000, give or take), and 213 trades/graphic novels. Not too shabby considering I started really collecting only about 1.5-2 years ago.

#29 Posted by married_guy (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Nearly 5,000 including trades.

Mostly DC, and of those mainly Flash, Green Lantern & Batman related.

I have every issue of Wally's run (inc retailer giveaways, annuals, one shots, Wizard 1/2 etc.) and half of Barry's run including all the landmark issues. (Flash/Superman race, Wally's Kid Flash costume, marriage, last Infantino issue, Iris death etc.)

#30 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

My collection is digital (I blame you, urbanization) I try to keep big things in rars, organize in carpets by character (or events, like the reboot)

I begin half a year ago and I have 12.3 GB don't ask me how many, I will die counting them.

#31 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gone off Single Issues lately. I mean, aside from some New 52 titles (Batman, Birds of Prey) and the Invincible Iron Man, I'm much more of a graphic novel type of guy. It is just easier to sit down and read one item instead of carrying a bunch.

It used to be MASSIVE. I got poor and didn't have a job so I traded in a lot, now I just have my favourites:

• Red Robin Graphic Novel series (The Grail, Collision, Hit List)
  • Captain America: The Man with no Face
  • Black Widow Novels (Name of the Rose, Itsy Bitsy Spider)
  • Batman: Long Halloween
#32 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@sociald1077: I have something like 7000 comics, with another 100 plus trade paper back, and another 50plus hard cover. How did you make your graph? Did you use a software?

#33 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

Only 300. :(

#34 Posted by sociald1077 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@KidSupreme said:

@sociald1077: I have something like 7000 comics, with another 100 plus trade paper back, and another 50plus hard cover. How did you make your graph? Did you use a software?

I use Comic Collector from Collectorz.com http://www.collectorz.com/comic/

It's got a lot of options for inputting comic, you can even use bar codes and it pulls all the info from the net. Took me a good 2-3 weeks to sit down and get everything input, but its really handy now that I did it. I can even print run lists so when I go to con's I can stop getting repeat books when I'm trying to complete runs.

@RedOwl_1 said:

My collection is digital (I blame you, urbanization) I try to keep big things in rars, organize in carpets by character (or events, like the reboot)

I begin half a year ago and I have 12.3 GB don't ask me how many, I will die counting them.

I have kinda been thinking about going this route, since DC is pretty much all digital now. but I haven't really dabbled in it.

@batmanbeyond234 said:

Only 300. :(

Everyone starts some where :D. Remember it's not the size of your collection that counts, it's if you enjoy using - er- reading it ;)

#35 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

My comic collection consists of 1 book

#36 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets just say that I'm running out of room.

#37 Posted by ghost_runner (277 posts) - - Show Bio

more than 2000

#38 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

I've been collecting for about two years, I'd probably estimate around 600 issues.

Yes, this exactly.

Also, about 30 trades, with another 15 coming.

#39 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@KidSupreme said:

Damn

#41 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: yeah I know its gotten crazier in the last four month since the new DC 52 comics ... I been collecting EVERY DC issue that comes out. Some i don`t even like any more but I`m just collecting to have them and read stories i am not enjoying but MOST of them I am loving.

#42 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@KidSupreme said:

@Jnr6Lil: yeah I know its gotten crazier in the last four month since the new DC 52 comics ... I been collecting EVERY DC issue that comes out. Some i don`t even like any more but I`m just collecting to have them and read stories i am not enjoying but MOST of them I am loving.

Woe, hectic

#43 Posted by _Cain_ (23666 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking somewhere around 200 singles and a few GNs