How Batman can be a better hero.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman is in my top ten so don't think this is a hate thread. But after reading a thread on here asking if Superman or Lex Luthor would be better for humanity some questions dawned on me. It's been said that Lex has the capacity to change humanity for the better but he is too egotistical and selfish.

Bruce Wayne is constantly labeled as the most intelligent in the DC Universe. And I know this won't happen because they want to sell comics and people want Batman to keep on being Batman. This is just for the sake of conversation. So with that said, in my opinion, I think it would be best if he...

• Focused on Wayne Corporation.

• If Bruce put 100% focus on Wayne Corps. the possibilities could be endless with a man of his intelligence,wealth, and ambition running the show.
    • Top dollar could be paid to the brightest scientist along with Bruce himself to invent cures for all the worlds worst diseases.
    • He could use his influence to create charities and donations to feed all third world countries and families here in our home country who cannot afford to eat on a daily basis. Or pull the money out of his own pocket.
    • Bruce could also invent other gadgets instead of combat tools that would help out with humanity (Idk something crazy like an ozone layer purifier.)
  • Fighting crime a different way.

• Everybody loves the Batman, but in reality he has had an awful amount of failure as a crime fighter. Multiple robins dying, and innocent people losing their lives every day because of the Joker, the villain that Batman cannot bring himself to kill.
    • Letting Superman be his right hand man, cleaning up crime across the globe. Bruce could use his tactical expertise to aid Superman in their fight for justice.
    • Inventing a specialized suit made of Lead that could absorb sunlight, making Superman immune to the negative effects of kryptonite and also enhancing his abilities.
    • Creating the most technologically advanced unbreakable prison cells. Holding anybody from Joker to Doomsday with 0% chance of escaping.

What are your thoughts on this?

P.S

Please no bickering or fighting about who is better, Superman or Batman. This is just a hypothetical question that I think would be interesting to expand upon. Let's keep it mature.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I have had the same thoughts. If Bruce focused on crime threw charity. He would be more successful.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman I agree. Although it is much more exciting to see him jump off a building and kick some thug in the face.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do bring up some good points.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer

Pretty sure it's constantly noted that Lex is smarter than Bruce.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure it's constantly noted that Lex is smarter than Bruce.

Lex is first, Bruce is second, and Mister Terrific is third smartest on Earth.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

You do bring up some good points.

Agreed. But if Bruce solved all the worlds problems there'd be no need for Batman. And nobody wants to see that. :P

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I've heard claims for both. Do you think Bruce has enough intelligence to better all of humanity tho?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmg: Better than Batman? Yes.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By HumanRocket

This thread kinda reminds me of the first couple issues of Indestructible Hulk. How Banner stayed Banner he could change the world with his inventions and his kind rather than destroying the world as the Hulk. It's kinda like hey you can change the world as Batman and also as Bruce Wayne. I like the idea.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

same could be said about iron man, tony could cure cancer, stop global warming etc

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NICK31898
@jmg said:

Batman is in my top ten so don't think this is a hate thread. But after reading a thread on here asking if Superman or Lex Luthor would be better for humanity some questions dawned on me. It's been said that Lex has the capacity to change humanity for the better but he is too egotistical and selfish.

Bruce Wayne is constantly labeled as the most intelligent in the DC Universe. And I know this won't happen because they want to sell comics and people want Batman to keep on being Batman. This is just for the sake of conversation. So with that said, in my opinion, I think it would be best if he...

• If Bruce put 100% focus on Wayne Corps. the possibilities could be endless with a man of his intelligence,wealth, and ambition running the show.
    • Top dollar could be paid to the brightest scientist along with Bruce himself to invent cures for all the worlds worst diseases.
    • He could use his influence to create charities and donations to feed all third world countries and families here in our home country who cannot afford to eat on a daily basis. Or pull the money out of his own pocket.
    • Bruce could also invent other gadgets instead of combat tools that would help out with humanity (Idk something crazy like an ozone layer purifier.)

• Everybody loves the Batman, but in reality he has had an awful amount of failure as a crime fighter. Multiple robins dying, and innocent people losing their lives every day because of the Joker, the villain that Batman cannot bring himself to kill.
    • Letting Superman be his right hand man, cleaning up crime across the globe. Bruce could use his tactical expertise to aid Superman in their fight for justice.
    • Inventing a specialized suit made of Lead that could absorb sunlight, making Superman immune to the negative effects of kryptonite and also enhancing his abilities.
    • Creating the most technologically advanced unbreakable prison cells. Holding anybody from Joker to Doomsday with 0% chance of escaping.

P.S

Please no bickering or fighting about who is better, Superman or Batman. This is just a hypothetical question that I think would be interesting to expand upon. Let's keep it mature.

I'm pretty sure Brainiac, is the most intelligent one in the DC universe-

No Caption Provided

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think you underestimate the importance of punching crime in its face. let bill gates do that other stuff.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually the continuing concept of batman (IMO) Is he just as crazy as the people he fights?

Is there a better way?

But honestly if it isn't the Bat himself out there solving crimes then it's up to Bullock and Gordon to do it the 'right' way. And that's pretty much a blind alley.

Gotham needs Bats and the Bat family because quite frankly no one else is gonna be able to do it. Superman in theory sure but he has a life. A life not in Gotham.

Bruce is damned if he does. And damned if he doesn't basically.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

It's simple...We kill The Joker.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeathandGrim
Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmg: social work and improve america's economy

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jeremy1989

@jmg said:

P.S

No Caption Provided

Yet he was defeated by Superman ;)

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JMG
@deathandgrim said:

This is actually the continuing concept of batman (IMO) Is he just as crazy as the people he fights?

Is there a better way?

But honestly if it isn't the Bat himself out there solving crimes then it's up to Bullock and Gordon to do it the 'right' way. And that's pretty much a blind alley.

Gotham needs Bats and the Bat family because quite frankly no one else is gonna be able to do it. Superman in theory sure but he has a life. A life not in Gotham.

Bruce is damned if he does. And damned if he doesn't basically.

Hmm.. I never thought about it with Superman like that. I guess in order for this theory to work Superman would have to go global and not be so over protective of Metropolis. This brings up another question as well. What could Superman accomplish if he didn't limit his attention to Metropolis and Louis Lane?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fighting crime a different way - Help other heroes fight better.

What?

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmg: I just find it strange why a hero of Batman's calibre would spend what you call "crime fighting", helping other heroes fight crime.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have had the same thoughts. If Bruce focused on crime through charity. He would be more successful.

Shoot, that is the claim to fame for the Wayne family. He cant do much as one man with a vendetta, but his financials and his organization can do a world of good.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Batmans rogue gallery are a joke in the eyes of a super powered member of the justice league. (Even tho they are some of the most interesting reads in all of comics.) If Batman did make that suit for Superman, then there would be no need for him to fight crime with his hands ever again. You don't have to punch something in the face to eliminate crime.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JMG

@monsterstomp: And plus if Bruce Wayne was spending most of his time helping the entire world instead of just gotham, then he would have no time to be out at 3am punching people that the flash could easily take care of for him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmg said:

@monsterstomp: Batmans rogue gallery are a joke in the eyes of a super powered member of the justice league. (Even tho they are some of the most interesting reads in all of comics.) If Batman did make that suit for Superman, then there would be no need for him to fight crime with his hands ever again. You don't have to punch something in the face to eliminate crime.

Still doesn't make sense to me. That basically strips Batman of all purpose.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Well like I said earlier it would not sell comics because people love to see Batman in action. But he could do so much for the more for the WORLD instead of just beating up villains who are obsessed with umbrellas and riddles in Gotham.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MonsterStomp

@jmg: I'm going to have to disagree. Too many problems > one solution.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JMG

@monsterstomp: What good is he doing now? Every criminal he fights ends back on the street in no time.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MonsterStomp

@jmg: That's what makes Batman one of the most enjoyable material out. It's not like Superman is keeping all his villains in check.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I agree with you on that. Batman is one of the most interesting comic books out there. But I'm not speaking in a sense of interesting comic book story arcs. I'm trying to look at it in a realistic point of view. In my opinion, and you may disagree with me, curing the world of all it's life threatening diseases is a way bigger feat than not killing the joker because he has good morals. And you're right, all comic book villains get away in the end because they want to bring them back for more issues. But you cannot tell me that Batman could take on Superman's rogue gallery by himself.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JMG

or that Superman couldn't handle all of batman's rogue gallery if they were in the same room in a couple of minutes.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MonsterStomp

o.O

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Alak

I completely agree with the OP and honestly, it would be logical for Bruce Wayne to do everything mentioned above while also being Batman. It's not like he does anything else during the day except workout and sleep, so he could just make a few phone calls and have some staff members of his company do all of the charity organization and scientific research for him. However, one thing we have to remember is that Batman's not all there mentally. He has a personal vendetta against crime, and it wouldn't be in his character to let someone else do the crime fighting for him. While Bruce definitely wants to make Gotham a better place, he also relishes in making criminals feel pain.

It's actually pretty interesting to wonder how each hero could change the world if they chose to branch out of their own cities, or chose to forgo their personal lives. Given what he did in Kingdom Come, I would definitely love to see a what-if comic featuring the Flash going global.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dbatdog

if only he smile allot and give away allot of money, then he would be a better hero...

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He's the Got damn Batman. You can't get any better than that.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Guardiandevil83
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmg: Why doesn't he just hire all the Flashs? Why doesn't he create a bunch of Superpowered soldiers? He doesn't he build an army of Batbots? I think you know the answer.

This thread kinda reminds me of the first couple issues of Indestructible Hulk. How Banner stayed Banner he could change the world with his inventions and his kind rather than destroying the world as the Hulk. It's kinda like hey you can change the world as Batman and also as Bruce Wayne. I like the idea.

Agreed.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Anbu_B_Team

@jmg: I agree with a lot of your points, and it does seem that Batman/Bruce is capable of a lot more with his intelligence level. He made the Omac project, which from my limited knowledge, seems like a pretty big deal. So solving world hunger or fixing the ozone...etc sounds reasonable, given the time. But isn't the Justice league just for what you are proposing? They are a group of super hero's to take on issues bigger than one hero can handle.

Maybe the justice league should be trying to do more as well? Then again it is all about what the writers want. And readers and writers alike want to see Batman, "jump off buildings and kick foes in the face." There are too many large scale crisis going on for charities and humanitarian projects while Gods are waring and the Universe is on the brink of destruction every other day. IMO

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898 said:
@jmg said:

P.S

No Caption Provided

Yet he was defeated by Superman ;)

Intellect doesn't always win a fight. Superman is more powerful than brainiac, combat wise.

Without kryptonite, superman would demolish batman.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

Everything you say he should do by focusing on WE, he already does. The Wayne Foundation does exactly that; fund charities and support the helpless. But Gotham has shown over and over again that its problems can't be solved by throwing money at them. It is corrupt to the very core and Superman can't do anything about that. He doesn't even like the city in the first place.

Realistically, Bruce, as Batman and Bruce Wayne, should be able to uproot a lot of the corruption using his skills and ensure that there aren't as many breakouts from Arkham or Blackgate. But that leads to an eventual conclusion, which you cannot have in the main continuity.

Very good way of putting it. I think that's one of the main reasons Batman titles are so interesting to read.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmg: I agree with a lot of your points, and it does seem that Batman/Bruce is capable of a lot more with his intelligence level. He made the Omac project, which from my limited knowledge, seems like a pretty big deal. So solving world hunger or fixing the ozone...etc sounds reasonable, given the time. But isn't the Justice league just for what you are proposing? They are a group of super hero's to take on issues bigger than one hero can handle.

Maybe the justice league should be trying to do more as well? Then again it is all about what the writers want. And readers and writers alike want to see Batman, "jump off buildings and kick foes in the face." There are too many large scale crisis going on for charities and humanitarian projects while Gods are waring and the Universe is on the brink of destruction every other day. IMO

Yes they are. I probably offended some people by saying Batman has a lot of failures as a crime fighter lol. But again another thing I never thought about was the fact they live in a universe where there are evil beings from outer space trying to blow up their planet and things of that nature.

But I still feel like Batman's vendetta is futile. In the whole spectrum of overall goodness for humanity. But it is personal with him when it comes to the city of Gotham and he is not a very psychologically stable man. It all boils down to people love Batman stories, from him not having any super powers to his rich library of interesting villains, so he is written as a man who can take down every member of the justice league. On the other hand, all the super powered members of the justice league deal with bigger threats than Batman but the majority of their villains either have stupid names, costumes, back stories or all three.

But yes I agree with you. The Justice League need to get off their asses and stop letting Bruce punk them lol