Edited By wbrock1955

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1 vance_astro  Moderator

They don't have to be VERY accurate for my taste but I don't like pointless or stupid changes. If you need to change something so the film will make sense or whatever, that's fine. The issue I have issue I have is when someone called the Mandarin is white or when Heimdall who is a Norse God is black all for the sake of iunno, Marvel pretending they have some racial diversity in their books. Or when Spider-Man gets organic webbing although a human wouldn't have the proper spider parts to spin webs, which is probably the reason he had web-shooters to begin with. Or when they put Darwin, in first class and kill him before the end..and then make Angel, the only other black character in the film switch sides. Or when they take an incredibly well proportioned female like Emma Frost, and have scrawny ass, flat-chested January Jones play her. Stuff like that bothers me because it doesn't HAVE TO happen.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

@vance_astro said:

Or when Spider-Man gets organic webbing although a human wouldn't have the proper spider parts to spin webs, which is probably the reason he had web-shooters to begin with.

That was actually pretty genius. Comic movies often try to make the material more practical and its kind of silly to think that a teenager could create this super tensile substance and not use it to get super rich.

IMO they don't have to be extremely accurate, as long as the movie is good and the changes aren't too radical I could care less. Its just a movie.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I agree they should be a lot more accurate than they are, but if they had to follow the anatomy of either gender in the way they are displayed in the comics there would be an extremely limited number of actors and actresses that could be used.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@rick_grayson said:

@vance_astro: I agree they should be a lot more accurate than they are, but if they had to follow the anatomy of either gender in the way they are displayed in the comics there would be an extremely limited number of actors and actresses that could be used.

I'm not asking for them to follow the likeness to a T as far as "anatomy" but if someone is going to play Emma Frost...can we at least get someone who isn't an A-cup?

That was actually pretty genius. Comic movies often try to make the material more practical and its kind of silly to think that a teenager could create this super tensile substance and not use it to get super rich.

IMO they don't have to be extremely accurate, as long as the movie is good and the changes aren't too radical I could care less.

IIRC he didn't create the super tensile substance it was already made he just altered it for his own use. Also i'll take teenage super-genius over possibly physical limitations as far what I find more practical any day.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

@vance_astro:Not the Amazing Spider-Man movie specifically, I just mean in general. If the Raimi movies had him create webbing, everyone would be like "hey, why doesn't he just sell that sh*t to the military or something"....you get what I mean??

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They don't have to be VERY accurate for my taste but I don't like pointless or stupid changes. If you need to change something so the film will make sense or whatever, that's fine. The issue I have issue I have is when someone called the Mandarin is white or when Heimdall who is a Norse God is black all for the sake of iunno, Marvel pretending they have some racial diversity in their books. Or when Spider-Man gets organic webbing although a human wouldn't have the proper spider parts to spin webs, which is probably the reason he had web-shooters to begin with. Or when they put Darwin, in first class and kill him before the end..and then make Angel, the only other black character in the film switch sides. Or when they take an incredibly well proportioned female like Emma Frost, and have scrawny ass, flat-chested January Jones play her. Stuff like that bothers me because it doesn't HAVE TO happen.

Here's looking at you, Jenny Olsen.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not THAT much..

They should be like the "What If/Elseworlds" stories

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I like them to be accurate, but I don't have a problem with change as long as it's done right. Change in films like The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers = Good. Change in films like Fantastic Four and Hulk = Bad.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By blackadamFTW

I don't think they should be completely accurate to the comic books. A lack of variety leads to a boring and stale movie. Small changes can actually be nice sometimes, but big, huge, ridiculous changes are definitely no good.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not asking for them to follow the likeness to a T as far as "anatomy" but if someone is going to play Emma Frost...can we at least get someone who isn't an A-cup?

I think I could get behind that. lol

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care how accurate a movie is, I just want to be entertained, and if it's a movie I want a sequel of then they need to do whatever possible to ensure that. If I wanted to read the comic, I'd do that.

Charetter115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as you can relate the movies to the books, i.e. don't make Lex Luthor have an afro, be Supeman's ally, or be Jimmy Olsen's father,etc.