How about a female character of the month this time.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How about a female character of the month this time. (38 votes)

Storm 42%
Jean Grey 58%

Yes, they're both far behind, and yes, I did already vote for Cyclops, but I just thought about how we haven't had a female character of the month yet. Actually @Perfect 10: reminded me of that. So how about we turn things around?

If this thread gets big we could get a lot of votes. And if we could choose either Jean or Storm, then the votes would be less divided.

I don't have anything against male characters getting the spotlight, but I just thought it would be cool to go all out for one of the girls this time. Who's with me?

@g_man: @inferiorego: @no_name_: @k4tzm4n: @missj: @allstarsuperman: @ssj3gohan007: @guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan: @bumpyboo: @jayc1324: @ssj3gohan007: @kittyparker13:

• 
JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JoshuaDBr

Anyone who gets on here to vote, please comment so that this thread can get some more attention. If we try, I think we could decide on one of these girls and make her win!

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who gets on here to vote, please comment so that this thread can get some more attention. If we try, I think we could decide on one of these girls and make her win!

Great idea!

Voted :D

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone views this, please comment so that it can get more views.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle of the Week: Power Girl vs Wonder Woman- Mud Wrasslin.

Sounds solid to me.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Or we could vote on the official thread, and if the majority of the Vine votes for a male then so be it.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@JoshuaDBr: I'll vote for a female character when a more interesting one comes along. For example, I'd want a Harley, Catwoman, or Black Widow Month. However, I don't really care for Storm or Jean Grey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman almost won last month. I don't know or remember the entire list of all the character's of the month but if women keep losing out to men every time then maybe having a month with only females would be a good idea. I voted storm for this.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By rev_sulphur

"I did already vote for Cyclops" O_o LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or we could vote on the official thread, and if the majority of the Vine votes for a male then so be it.

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. I'd rather we didn't single out female characters. Hopefully in time when the characters build up enough of a fan base, they can win. I am not committed to this opinion, but it's just how I feel for now. Wonder Woman did come in close last month and that made me really happy.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Does it matter?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

We've had like, what, 3 so far? Give it time, it'll come.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

Oooh! Does the winner get a ticker-tape parade? Better parking spot?

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Krypton-115

Male? Female? Who gives a damn?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If people wanted a female character of the month, they'd have already voted for her.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not name this poll what it would turn out to be. Vote for the female hero whos boobs you like the best.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KittyParker13

I think this is a great idea, I voted! :)

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can guarantee if there ever is a female hero of the month, numerous scans of that female being big breasted and scantilly clad will appear. Face it, female heroes are just something for teenage boys / men to look at.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KittyParker13

I can guarantee if there ever is a female hero of the month, numerous scans of that female being big breasted and scantilly clad will appear. Face it, female heroes are just something for teenage boys / men to look at.

No Caption Provided

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JoshuaDBr

@transformers1024: @ms-lola: That's true. And if the guy characters are people's favorites then I have no problem with that. I just thought it would be cool to have a female character of the month some time soon. Not necessarily because I'm a huge fan of the character, but because I'd like to see what kind of a month we could get with a female hero. I'm not the kind of person who supports doing things like changing male characters into females just to give women more attention. But I do think that female heroes get less attention, which isn't that big of a deal. They can get popular by being written well in good stories. But I don't have any problem with giving a little push to help them get recognized.

@vandinejd_1991: Understood. Although Jean Grey is pretty cool.

@comicstooge: Ya, I know. And it's not a big deal if we don't get a female as character of the month this time, I just thought it would be cool to give it a try.

@catsnlynne: Well because that's not what I judge my voting on, and I hope that's not what everyone else votes for either.

@kittyparker13: Great, thanks!

@catsnlynne: Well umm, that's disheartening. But I suppose you have a point. Not that I fully agree with it.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Both Jean and Storm and bland and boring in my opinion. Also it's not a male vs female thing, Wonder Woman damn near beat Batman last month so I fail to see why everything needs to be male vs female or white vs black etc etc.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is cooler to me. Jean grey dies a lot lol

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it matter? Stop with the forcing of Diversity.

Storm is bland, Jean Grey is even worse.

Wonder Woman almost got Character of the Month last time, even edging it out with Batman. I remember at one point peeping in and noticing she had a higher vote count at one point.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm>>>Jean Grey

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Both Jean and Storm and bland and boring in my opinion. Also it's not a male vs female thing, Wonder Woman damn near beat Batman last month so I fail to see why everything needs to be male vs female or white vs black etc etc.

Because that is the world we live in today.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mrnoital

if you wanted a female, why did you vote for cyclops?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I don't like either character.

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be locked for sexism.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: @ms-lola: That's true. And if the guy characters are people's favorites then I have no problem with that. I just thought it would be cool to have a female character of the month some time soon. Not necessarily because I'm a huge fan of the character, but because I'd like to see what kind of a month we could get with a female hero. I'm not the kind of person who supports doing things like changing male characters into females just to give women more attention. But I do think that female heroes get less attention, which isn't that big of a deal. They can get popular by being written well in good stories. But I don't have any problem with giving a little push to help them get recognized.

Fair enough. I appreciate your motivation. I have yet to vote in the other as I am really torn because I love all the characters being offered. I did participate in this one, though. It's Jeannie but only because I had to pick one, haha. I could have easily voted for Storm. It was a coin toss.

I can't argue against the first sentence as I've unfortunately seen this in numerous threads on this site.

I don't agree with female heroes being just something for teenage boys/men to look at, though. Big reason being I am neither, haha.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FearTheLiving

There a list of characters that have already been a CotM?

Personally I'd like to see a female character get voted to win, but you can usually spot the character who's going to get the most votes right away. I was just happy Cyke had a lead over Wolverine, but was really pulling for WW over bats last month. Would be nice to just have a list of female characters nominated at the very least to get one in there. Plus it's not like there are a shortage of good female lead books (Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Elektra, Black Widow, ect) so It's not like it would be a good competition.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Great comment. I agree with pretty much all, if not all of what you said. I'm glad Cyclops is beating Wolverine (I sort of contributed to that LOL). And last month I voted for Wonder Woman, and I was so excited because at first she was quite a bit ahead of Batman. If Cyclops wins this month I'll be happy. But it would also be pretty awesome if this thread ended up swinging the vote.

@ms-lola: Well thanks, I appreciate that.

@gymgoer205: Does it really seem like that to you? My apologies to everyone who thinks this seems sexist. I really am not sexist at all. Trust me. Especially since I'm a guy and this could only be supporting women anyway.

@squares: Huh, well I kind of like Jean. If only she would just stop flirting with Logan while she's Scott's girlfriend. (I'm not talking about in the modern comics. I'm just talking about in X-men stories in general.)

@mrnoital: Because someone said that it would be cool to get a female character of the month, but that wasn't until after I already voted.

@nickthedevil: I'm sorry if it seems like I'm forcing diversity and causing trouble. I'm definitely not trying to do that. Actually, I can't stand it when people do that. I really just meant for this to be a cool thing. I'm not trying to get a female character of the month because "it must happen" or "it's a terrible injustice that we haven't had one yet". I just think it would be cool to get one, and since people may not really think about it, it'd be cool to make a thread to get people wanting to give a female character some attention.

@granitesoldier: In no way do I mean to be pushing racial or sexual competition. This is just to get some female characters some attention. And like I said before, it's not a huge deal, it's just a cool thing.

Also, I did vote for Wonder Woman. I would have proffered her over Batman since he already has a bit too much attention.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

This.

Or, Barbara Gordon. Either way, I'd be happy.

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshuadbr: You don't see how excluding an entire gender can be seen as sexist?

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JoshuaDBr

@gymgoer205: I'm not saying that we should only do male or only do female characters of the month or that there should be male and female character of the month competitions separate because the females can't compete. Just because I think it would be cool for a female to be character of the month doesn't mean that I think they're better or worse than the male heroes. I mean even though I'd like to get a female character of the month, most of my favorite super-heroes are males. I suppose you have a bit of a point. But that's really not what I'm going for with this thread.

By the way Gymgoer205, how often do you go to the gym? I've tried to get myself to go to the gym before, but I'm not very persistent. I just do a stretch, a few push-ups, and a few sit-ups every night now.

@feartheliving: I'm not sure if there's a list of previous characters of the month, but I hope there is. If there is I don't know where it is.

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshuadbr: Okay cool. I go to the gym 6× a week, I was like you when I first started working out but then I realized I was just wasting my time by going to the gym once of twice a week and eating like crap. I've been consistently working out for about a year now though I do still have trouble sticking to my diet. Pushups and can be very effective though, if you can't make it to a gym I'd invest in a pull up bar as well. Situps aren't the best exercise for abs in my humble opinion. I'd go with leg raises captain's chairs and planks but do whatever works for you.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MonsterStomp

Gotta bring race into this... :P

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JoshuaDBr

@gymgoer205: Thanks, I appreciate that. I think the biggest thing for me is being consistent though. I need to grow some willpower.

By the way, congratulations for sticking to it. Keep it up. Talking to you and knowing that you've been able to do it pushes me to want to try harder too.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gymgoer205: One more question. I know you said you have trouble sticking to it, but what rules do you set for your diet, and how strict do you try to be with it? When I just decide to try to eat healthier but don't set any strict guidelines, I usually end up eating junk whenever I feel like it. But if I have some good, real guidelines, I can usually follow them pretty well. I know that because me and my brother decided once that we would go vegetarian for a while. And other than a few minor slip-ups, we lasted a few months. We didn't have any set stop time, so we just stopped when we felt it had been long enough.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You feminists have been getting everything you wanted lately. Don't push your luck.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I'd like a month where the choices are all female.

1) Monica Rambeu

2) Wonder Woman

3) Elektra

4) Painkiller Jain

5) Mystique

6) Catwoman

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshuadbr: I try not too eat any junk, such as McDonald's, chinese food etc. The thing is I can eat alot so I'll eat clean all day but then I'll get a craving for pizza or something and just buy a whole pie for myself. The result is high bodyfat and less visible abs but my strength has been consistently going up. Here's my clean bulking diet

Brown rice, whole grain pastaand bread, chicken breast, tuna, occasionally salmon, boiling eggs, oatmeal, peanut butter and jelly, oatmeal, mini wheats, whole milk

As you can see it gets pretty boring which results in cravings for high fat high sugar foods. I've decided to allow myself a cheat meal once a week, I'll eat clean all week but for that one meal I'll go all out. As long as I stay consistent with my routine and diet throughout the week I'm confident that I'll make progress. What are some of the guidelines that you've set for yourself? What foods do you eat and why go vegetarian?

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey, all day, every day

No Caption Provided

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I voted for Wonder Woman last time, not because she's female but because I am a fan of her.

I'd have gladly voted for Jean or Storm if I was fan of either but unfortunately I'm not. I voted for Nightcrawler but if, for example, Rogue were available I'd have chosen her over him but not because of her gender, race, hair colour, blood type or choice of cola (I want her to prefer Pepsi - but I don't discriminate).

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gymgoer205: At the moment, I just try to think about whether something would be a smart choice before I eat it. I try to take daily supplements, but like I said, I have trouble being consistent. The reason we when's vegetarian was pretty much to challenge each other. We always said that we wanted to be healthy, so we decided that on New Years Day we would go vegetarian and not stop until the other stops. Eventually we decided to both stop. The problem with trying to set dietary guidlines for me is that I live in a large family, and I eat what everyone else eats (not always too healthy). I like how simple your plan is, but yes, it does sound a bit boring. I also have the problem where I might do good throughout the day, and then at night, like midnight, I grab something that I really shouldn't...especially since there's ALMOST ALWAYS ice cream in our freezer! It's nice to have friends who are trying too though. When everyone you know eats certain stuff, you just want too as well. But it's encouraging to talk to someone who's a bit ahead of me when it comes to mastering their will.

@black_wreath: True, the main reason you vote for someone should be because you like the character. I just thought it would be cool to try to get a female character in the spotlight. Yes I've said this a bunch before, but I just want everyone to know that I'm not trying to make a feminist point or anything (I'm not a feminist). And I hope everyone is as fair as you #stopthesodajudgment!

DevanteSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda hard to choose between these two for me but I agree with the idea. There seems be a bit a "gender tilt"around here