#1 Posted by WeaponCatfish1 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems for the longest time that comic book readers have had a certain stereotype when it comes to their appearance. I know that is completely unfair, and I dont agree with it at all. At the same time, I do see the stereotype kinda fading away, and seeing all walks of life into comics these days which is cool. I attribute that to marketing making comic book properties so main stream nowadays. However I find it really hard to find real attractive girls into comics. I wonder why that is. I know everyone goes through problems or could probably relate to a comic in some way, but that general group just seems to be absent. Maybe I could b proven wrong? Because I would love to meet an attractive girl thats into comics-as there is hardly any girls at my local comic shop....

#2 Posted by marcelo2169 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

they have to be hot!
Look the guys for instance all the male heroes are in shape and they live on  America, the fat country (no offense). 

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Geeks girls don't exactly have a Smörgåsbord of hot guys to choose from either, y'know. Ours isn't the world's most socially upward hobby...

All guys want a Penny, but us girls have to choose from Dr Koothrappali, Dr Hofstadter, Dr Cooper or Mr Wolowitz ;)

#4 Posted by okayla (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic book bros tend to be pretty ugly too, to be fair. :)

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12794 posts) - - Show Bio
@WeaponCatfish1 said:

It seems for the longest time that comic book readers have had a certain stereotype when it comes to their appearance. I know that is completely unfair, and I dont agree with it at all. At the same time, I do see the stereotype kinda fading away, and seeing all walks of life into comics these days which is cool. I attribute that to marketing making comic book properties so main stream nowadays. However I find it really hard to find real attractive girls into comics. I wonder why that is. I know everyone goes through problems or could probably relate to a comic in some way, but that general group just seems to be absent. Maybe I could b proven wrong? Because I would love to meet an attractive girl thats into comics-as there is hardly any girls at my local comic shop....

Depends where you live

@marcelo2169 said:
they have to be hot! Look the guys for instance all the male heroes are in shape and they live on  America, the fat country (no offense). 

Thats an ignorant statement, I could say all british people have horrid teeth, which they don't

@xerox-kitty said:

Geeks girls don't exactly have a Smörgåsbord of hot guys to choose from either, y'know. Ours isn't the world's most socially upward hobby...

All guys want a Penny, but us girls have to choose from Dr Koothrappali, Dr Hofstadter, Dr Cooper or Mr Wolowitz ;)

depends where you live
#6 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

Ja, pretty much ^^'  

WHat's more, are you looking for girls that are attractive to you, or just attractive in general? 
#7 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox-kitty said:

OH dear lord that has to be the comment of the day!!!!!!!!

Applause my dear applause!!!

#8 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@WeaponCatfish1 said:

My sister is as big a comic book geek as me. I would obviously hesitate to ever refer to my own sister as "hot," but she was the president of her sorority and I have had to shoo a few boys off the porch from time to time. Also, when I managed a comic book shop, we had two employees who were real stunners and enjoyed cosplaying the characters at events. 

They're out there. Just keep looking. 

edit: And I have to say, seeing a collegiate-level cheerleader lay into some fat, jackass that there was in fact, a female robin so her costume does make sense was one of the most epic things I have ever seen.
#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

Who?

And Penny from Inspector Gadget? Which Penny do you mean?

Oh and I'd prefer a Velma.
#10 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11660 posts) - - Show Bio

There's plenty of Attractive people that are into comics. If anything there's more attractive female readers than there are attractive male readers.
#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92709 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

And I have to say, seeing a collegiate-level cheerleader lay into some fat, jackass that there was in fact, a female robin so her costume does make sense was one of the most epic things I have ever seen.

That's freaking awesome :)

#12 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@fodigg said:

And I have to say, seeing a collegiate-level cheerleader lay into some fat, jackass that there was in fact, a female robin so her costume does make sense was one of the most epic things I have ever seen.

That's freaking awesome :)

It was at the local village parade too. He was just some random jerk heckling from the crowd and she actually went off on him. Good times.
#13 Posted by ferpuerto17 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I made my own list, muhaha
http://hottestsuperherogals.blogspot.com

#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I would obviously hesitate to ever refer to my own sister as "hot,"

That's a relief ;) But seriously, your sister sounds awesome :)

@TheCrowbar said:

Who?

I remember when people used to 'search' for keywords on Google. It's all +1 talk these days :p

For the record, one of the prettiest girls I've ever met used to work in the comic shop before I did (of course, she had an uber cool boyfriend ;)

#15 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

@fodigg said:

I would obviously hesitate to ever refer to my own sister as "hot,"

That's a relief ;) But seriously, your sister sounds awesome :)

She really is. And now she's off in New York working in TV production being all successful and crap while the rest of us sweat it out in cubicles. She's actually writing a blog about it and she's a pretty amusing writer: 
"Kaye's Theory"

Her previous blog from when she was studying abroad in Spain: 
"¿Kaye Pasa?

And then her twitters: 
 http://twitter.com//kayefoley 

The whole time she was in high school I supplied her with a steady stream of trade paperbacks which she greedily consumed. I'm not exactly sure what her favorite title is, especially these days, but I distinctly remember her being very passionate about Runaways and classic Spider-Man stories.
#16 Posted by The Stegman (24492 posts) - - Show Bio

there's a girl at my local comic book shop whose pretty smokin' however i'm too chicken to make a move, so i watch her discretely over the shelves while pretending to read Captain America 

#17 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
there's a girl at my local comic book shop whose pretty smokin' however i'm too chicken to make a move, so i watch her discretely over the shelves while pretending to read Captain America 
Creepy. How about you just talk to her and not worry about making a "move" or not.
#18 Posted by The Stegman (24492 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: nah, i think my current strategy will work
#19 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@fodigg: nah, i think my current strategy will work
I dunno, man. Maybe if she's a really big Cap fan?
#20 Posted by The Stegman (24492 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg:  

step 1- stalk  
step 2- listen to her talk, figure out what she's into  
step 3- formulate "random" incident  
step 4- take a nap, the first three steps were really exhausting 
step 5- initiate incident planed in step 3, light chat, throw in a joke or 2 (what's the deal with airline peanuts?? i mean REALLY??) 
step 6- woo her off her feet 
step 7- victory dance (most important step)
#21 Posted by RazzaTazz (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

Around where I live that is pretty much true.  You would probably have an easier time just asking out a girl and giving her some strategically chosen story arcs to try and get her hooked Presumably nothing with Emma Frost or Power Girl and Wonder Woman might even be questionable, actually ... stick to Nightwing. 

#22 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Generalization for the win.

#23 Posted by marcelo2169 (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

yeah, maybe but I choose a geek girl over a model any day.
#24 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio
i would settle for actually knowing someone else who liked comic books. 
#25 Posted by okayla (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Ugh, gross -- you're the reason I hate to go to comic shops. :\
#26 Posted by The Stegman (24492 posts) - - Show Bio
@okayla: lol calm down, i was just joking 
#27 Posted by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a young woman that works at LCS that is rather cute and she really does know her stuff.

#28 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Take up your complaints to DC and Marvel (though, more-so Marvel than DC, in my opinion....) Cute, nerdy girls are out there watching Buffy and reading Harry Potter because those things respect and cater to women. But you can't seriously expect most women, especially nerdy women (who are often smarter than average), to tolerate the level of female objectification found within the pages of 9/10 comic books. This is why (in my opinion) so many Babs fans H A T E Starfire because Babs is the ideal example of what a great female comic character can be while Starfire represents all that is wrong in how female characters are regularly represented. I mean, Joe Quesada himself once said that if women find Marvel's comics to be sexist, then they shouldn't be reading comics. That sort of attitude pushes girls away and is preventing You from landing a date with an awesome comic-book girl! You should be outraged! 

#29 Posted by MrSeaman70 (294 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a conspiracy ! Hot comic book store babes will trick guys into buying more and more comic books just so the guys have an excuse to pop by the store and go goo goo eyes on them :P

#30 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

Hot girls read comics...

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

BACK FROM BREAK

Skip to 3.28, watch til 3.49.

BACK ON BREAK

#32 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

Hahaha ! 
Nicely put X-K :P
#33 Posted by Mekboy (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

The first time i ever went into a comic store,  there was this super hot girl :)

#34 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@WeaponCatfish1: However I find it really hard to find real attractive girls into comics. 

There are a lot of females on this site....   You're not making yourself any fans with comments like this...

Have you given consideration to the flip side of this coin?  Of the men you know that read comics, are they what women would describe as 'hot'?  See much of Brad Pitt or Colin Farrel (or whoever women think is hot) at the comic book store?
I used to spend time at comic book stores, hanging out with guys that were into comic books and RPG and what not...  There was probably a reason we spent our Friday night's playing Dungeons and Dragons...

I was lucky... I lost weight...Learned to comb my hair...Learned to take a woman or a gay man with me went I went shopping so the clothes I bought would match....

However, I do not believe only 'less than appealing' women are into comics... I expect the truth of the matter is, that there simply aren't as many women into comics as men....  Why you aren't meeting the "attractive" ones likely has more to do with the number of women into comics that you actually know...
#35 Posted by RUSTMAN (183 posts) - - Show Bio

#36 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687 said:
Take up your complaints to DC and Marvel (though, more-so Marvel than DC, in my opinion....) Cute, nerdy girls are out there watching Buffy and reading Harry Potter because those things respect and cater to women. But you can't seriously expect most women, especially nerdy women (who are often smarter than average), to tolerate the level of female objectification found within the pages of 9/10 comic books. This is why (in my opinion) so many Babs fans H A T E Starfire because Babs is the ideal example of what a great female comic character can be while Starfire represents all that is wrong in how female characters are regularly represented. I mean, Joe Quesada himself once said that if women find Marvel's comics to be sexist, then they shouldn't be reading comics. That sort of attitude pushes girls away and is preventing You from landing a date with an awesome comic-book girl! You should be outraged! 
JOE QUESADA IS THE GREAT THINGS TO HAPPEN TO COMICS SINCE BATMAN!!!!

LOL!!!  Put the gun down, I am SOOO joking!!!
First, are women objectified in comics... Yes... No doubt... 
Should they be, No.. not only no but HELL no....
And how the smurf did Joe. Q. ever get that job in the first place?!?

Now, regarding Babs...  She rejected Nightwing...  I was going to say she rejected Dick but that just sounds wrong...  He loved her and he wanted to be with her, but...... NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....  He waited, but she didn't come around till it was too late....  Although, to be fair, we should probably blame the writers for that...

Women, in comics, basically fight crime or evil wearing bathing suits....  I started a thread regarding this and it seemed to piss a lot of people off...  I asked WHY it was done, and the consensus was that 'sex sells.'   The odd thing about this was that it was mostly females that were pissed off at me for the thread...  In comics, Male characters often wear body armor, and the females wear teddies.....  It's not logical...  Teddies aren't bullet proof...  Even if they were, there's still quite a bit of body left exposed...  But, it seems that it's not just the men that want it that way, it's the women as well...   That being the case, it's not likely to change any time soon...
#37 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@RUSTMAN: LOL!!!! That's a riot!
#38 Posted by RUSTMAN (183 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm:  
haha yeah tripod are awesome - check out "gonna make you happy" for another great nerdy song...
#39 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio

There are hot girls who read comics, you just aren't giumg to your shop at the right time.

#40 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, most of the guys I see at comic shops are big n greasy. So I really don't think guys can judge harshly about stuff like that. Besides that look up girl cosplay stuff on Google images, you'll change your mind real fast. I have also seen plenty of attractive women at the comic-book shop I go to, and one that worked there that was particularly cute.

#41 Posted by SC (13128 posts) - - Show Bio

Hot girls eh? Hot girls and comics eh? I prefer my comics with cool girls. Cool like ice. Cool like ice cream. Cool, sweet, and likely to melt after five minutes. Just like the Witch from Wizard of Oz. I just love the way she inspired such fear into those little Oompa Loompas. Now that's a real woman. She could even fly! So don't look for hot girls. Look for fly girls! Or Ice Cream. Cause lets face it? Ice Cream? Equals awesome. Or more seriously, eh, just seems like a perspectives thing. I don't see anyone else in my comic store. I am sure they have other customers but eh... small store, not really much standing or talking. Anyway, all girls and guys are hot slash awesome, slash nice slash cute etc (usually some mix of those things or similar to varying degrees) 

Comics could get a lot more of a lot more people though a number of ways all the same. I don't really feel like creators are trying to push the bar very hard. Then again, is it too risky now, because fans aren't willing to embrace change?

#42 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4733 posts) - - Show Bio

I met a few attractive women who read comics. Unfortunately, one of them liked Witchblade.

#43 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive met some cute girls that were into comics at a speed dating event I went too, they're out there.  When it comes too looks I can't complain, I look like a linebacker or maybe a half-back im not that big.

#44 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Like kitty said, comic nerds are usually not the most attractive blokes out there. But it really depends on where you live and the environment in quest. 

#45 Posted by krisboyz781 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never seen an attractive girl or woman out there into comics. Me, nobody knows I like comics. They just think I'm only an athlete.
#46 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#47 Edited by Catsnlynne (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

When I go to my comic book store I go to pick up my comic books. I don't pay attention if there are any hot guys there or if any of them think that I am hot (or not).

#48 Edited by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

Preach!

#49 Edited by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

I actually prefer Burnadette.

#50 Posted by TheCannon (18818 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only known two girls that ever talked about comics. One I think was really only interested in the movies, but I could be wrong. She did have an awesome Captain America t-shirt (and she was beautiful). The other really isn't hot, and the only thing I've ever heard her say is asking me if I had the Killing Joke (and at the time I didn't).

Other than that, I really can't think of any other girls in general who are into comics.