#1 Posted by Harryman (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I say these are the select few villains that are not as evil or ruthless than other villains in Marvel, DC, etc.

-Lizard

-Black Mask

-Darkseid

-Joker.

That is all.

#2 Posted by JonSmith (4008 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard and Black Mask should not be on that list. Black Mask has no rules as far as I know. The Lizard may not be a mindless beast, but he has no code where humans are concerned.

Actually, the whole list is dubious. Darkseid is the epitome of evil. Joker is the epitome of chaos. No rules or code or honor. Just death, pain, and insanity.

Actual Honorable Villains:

Doctor Doom

Namor

Two Face (half the time)

The New 52 Rogues (kinda)

#3 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Two Face (half the time)
#4 Posted by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Namor

Namor?

I know he is pretty violent at times and short-tempered but for the most part he is a good guy. He is within the Illuminati, an elite group of superheroes...He would not be in the group if he was not a trusted superhero.

I would say:

• Magneto
  • Deadpool
  • Norman Osborn

@JonSmith said:

Doctor Doom

Two Face (half the time)

I agree with these characters as well.

Vouile

#5 Posted by JonSmith (4008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vouile said:

Namor?

I know he is pretty violent at times and short-tempered but for the most part he is a good guy. He is within the Illuminati, an elite group of superheroes...He would not be in the group if he was not a trusted superhero.

I would say:

• Magneto
  • Deadpool
  • Norman Osborn

@JonSmith said:

Doctor Doom

Two Face (half the time)

Vouile

Fair enough on Namor, but I'm calling you on Osborn. Again, no codes or honor, just insanity. If it serves his goals, he has no problems with breaking promises, shooting you in the back, or committing any other atrocity.

#6 Posted by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@Vouile said:

Namor?

I would say:

• Magneto
  • Deadpool
  • Norman Osborn

@JonSmith said:

Doctor Doom

Two Face (half the time)

Vouile

Fair enough on Namor, but I'm calling you on Osborn. Again, no codes or honor, just insanity. If it serves his goals, he has no problems with breaking promises, shooting you in the back, or committing any other atrocity.

Norman Osborn is just insane, for he greeds for power and money. If someone more "evil" were to take his position, there would be much more bloodshed produced, with Norman's position of power. Spider-man would be dead by now, if Norman Osborn was pure evil.

Vouile

#7 Posted by sirderpity (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Magneeto he's not honorable but he's understandable also punisher of you consider him a villan

#8 Posted by JonSmith (4008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vouile said:

Norman Osborn is just insane, for he greeds for power and money. If someone more "evil" were to take his position, there would be much more bloodshed produced, with Norman's position of power. Spider-man would be dead by now, if Norman Osborn was pure evil.

Vouile

And if Spider-man was still alive because Norman allowed it for some reason, I'd agree with you. But he's not. Spidey's still alive because every time Osborn has torn apart his world, broken him down, and generally dragged him through hell, Spidey's come back and beat him down. He will kill ANYONE if they get in his way and are not serving his goals. Adult, children, doesn't matter. Disrespect him, get in his way, annoy him, it's Tuesday, you're dead. Osborn only see's the rest of the world as 'those who worship me' and 'those who don't'. In his books, the latter needs to die, and the former needs to be beaten and broken to keep them in line. Granted, most villains are like this, hence WHY they're villains, but the devil's in the details. Osborn will do whatever needs to to achieve his agenda. The 'honorable villains' are those who have a line they don't cross.

For Doctor Doom, it's lying. Be it simply not telling the truth or breaking a promise, he won't do it. His word is his bond. Will he bend the wording? Maybe. But he won't outright break it.

Two Face was on the list merely because he's also Harvey Dent. When the coin comes unscarred side up, he's a good man with a lot of practice doing very bad things.

In the meantime, I've also thought up two more villains to add to the list:

Bane

Ra's Al Ghul

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Silver Samurai and Kraven have much more honor than your standard villain.

Staff Online
#10 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vouile: One moment perfectly defines Norman Osborn's absolute evil to me more than any other, and disqualifies him from "noble" villain status. Pete confronts him about why he's wasting his intellect/resources on crime/making his life a living hell and he says that he could do so much for the world and just throws out something like curing cancer then Norman's response is basically "Sure I could do all those things, but the truth is I don't give a good goddamn!!!"

The perfect example of this type of villain is Doom/Namor (who's more or less morally ambiguous w/PLENTY of examples to back this) and the Secret Six (especially Scandal Savage/Bane)

#11 Edited by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Harryman said:

I say these are the select few villains that are not as evil or ruthless than other villains in Marvel, DC, etc.

-Lizard

-Black Mask

-Darkseid

-Joker.

That is all.

Did you read the new Lizard in Amazing Spider-Man.........actually I wouldn't even call the old Lizard honorable.

I don't know if I'd call Black Mask honorable either. Just seems like an intelligent gangster.

Joker iss not honorable by any definition.

Darkseid is an evil overlord. Maybe you could consider some of his incarnations honorable, but I really wouldn't. I'd say he keeps his word, but he talks like an Aes Sedai and ha wiggle room with what he says.

@JonSmith said:

Lizard and Black Mask should not be on that list. Black Mask has no rules as far as I know. The Lizard may not be a mindless beast, but he has no code where humans are concerned.

Actually, the whole list is dubious. Darkseid is the epitome of evil. Joker is the epitome of chaos. No rules or code or honor. Just death, pain, and insanity.

Actual Honorable Villains:

Doctor Doom

Namor

Two Face (half the time)

The New 52 Rogues (kinda)

Doctor Doom is written as honorable a fair amount of the time, but not always.

I didn't really see Namor going on a genocidal spree in Africa as being honorable.

Two Face isn't honorable, bi-polar but not honorable, its not something you can only be half the time.

When I think of Honorable villains its guys like:

The Predators

Magneto

Ra's Al Ghul

Black Adam (over the last few years pre Flashpoint, wasn't really originally though)

The Shade

Lady Shiva

Deathstroke/Darkseid/Doctor Doom- as others have mentioned these 3 are often written as honorable, but there have been a few instances when they clearly are not, so I'm on the fence but figured I'd include them anyway

@k4tzm4n said:

I think Silver Samurai and Kraven have much more honor than your standard villain.

good choices these two are definitely honorable

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Harryman said:

-Lizard

-Black Mask

-Darkseid

-Joker.

That is all.

are you on crack? Joker!! The guy who used a bunch of kidnapped defenseless babies to lure and kill commissioner gordon's wife? Darkseid!?!? the guy who ordered Malefic to commit mass genocide?

#13 Edited by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Kang the Conqueror. - He could of course just freeze time, or kill people when they're infants or something like that, but he considers those dirty tactics. He actually goes out of his way to fight people when they are at the height of their power.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Absolutely agreed with Kraven.

#15 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Riddler? Sure his actions aren't usually reasonable or justified, but at least he gives his opponents a fighting chance to match him intellectually, instead of simply leaving behind a trail of bread crumbs just to shoot them in the temple.

#16 Posted by roboadmiral (549 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

What about Riddler? Sure his actions aren't usually reasonable or justified, but at least he gives his opponents a fighting chance to match him intellectually, instead of simply leaving behind a trail of bread crumbs just to shoot them in the temple.

That's because he can't. Part of his pathology is that he literally can't bring himself to straight-up kill someone. It has to be a solvable problem.

#17 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Harryman said:

-Black Mask

-Darkseid

-Joker.

That is all.

I'm just gonna assume this is a troll post. Black Mask is just a common thug, and has no regards for anyone elses safety. Darkseid...He's like one of the most evil superman villains. As for Joker...Do I even have to criticize that?

Here are my choices:

Poison Ivy

Magneto

Ra's Al Ghul

The Predators

Lady Shiva

Doctor Doom

Deadshot (...Sorta)

Morbius

Sinestro

Deathstroke

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20428 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Ra's Al Ghul
  • Doctor Doom
  • Silver Samurai
  • Kraven
  • Hunter Zolomon
  • Halo Elites
#19 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18625 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's Al Ghul

Silver Samurai

Kraven

Doctor Doom

Magneto

Megatron (depends on which version but some certainly do)

Deathstroke

Boba Fett? (if he counts)

I see someone mentioned the Predators I would not say they are villains.

Also Joker,Darkseid and Black Mask dont count either.

#20 Posted by BlackWind (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

Why has Captian Cold not been mentioned?

#21 Posted by Billy Batson (58274 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rogues.
BB

#22 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Honorable

• Magneto - Probably one of the most honorable villains you'll find. Even though his methods are questionable, technically he fights for the same things that Xavier and the X-Men do. There have been times when even the X-Men have been willing to follow him. He also has a healthy rivalry/respect for Xavier which is one of the more clearer indications of his honorable nature.
  • Ra's Al Ghul - While he's an eco terrorist, he is still honorable. Like Magneto he has a healthy rivalry/respect for his adversary, Batman. Even though his methodology is psychotic and warped, technically he also fights for a good cause.

Not Honorable

• Lizard - To mindless to be honorable. His alter ego, Connors is honorable though.
  • Joker - To psychotic to be honorable. If anything he's petty to the extreme.
  • Doctor Doom - more majestic, but not really honorable.
  • Megatron - Some versions are more respectable, but not necessarily honorable.

Not sure...

• Black Mask
  • Darkseid
  • Captian Cold
  • Silver Samurai
  • Kraven
  • Deathstroke
  • Boba Fett? (if he counts)
  • Kraven
  • Hunter Zolomon
  • Halo Elites
  • Poison Ivy
  • The Predators - actually I think it depends on the Predators. The last Predator movie illustrated that there are two factions of Predators that are at war with one another, smaller ones and bigger ones. The smaller ones are honroable, the bigger ones aren't.
  • Deadshot (...Sorta)
  • Sinestro
  • Kang the Conqueror
  • Black Adam - Seemed honorable in the old 52, but I haven't read enough about him to be sure.
  • The Shade
  • Lady Shiva
  • Morbius
#23 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Cold is the first person to jump in my mind. I'm hesitant to say the Rogues as a whole, because it seems many have little issue with straying from a code, and Cold keeps them in line.

Outside of him, I'd agree with Deathstroke, Ra's, and Magneto. I'd also throw in the Secret Six and Zoom (the "make Flash a better hero" kind, sort of).

#24 Posted by Sharkbite (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood

He is fully aware of the secret identities of virtually every member of the Bat-Family, and yet he makes no efforts to harm any of them, even as they try to foil his schemes.

He kills frequently, but only kills "bad guys". Never is seen harming children. Never murders people without some sort of criminal background.

When caught and thrown in Arkham, Red Hood freely confesses to his murders to the authorities. While blatantly unrepentant for his actions, because he believes they benefitted Gotham, he refuses to even lie in order to defend himself. His attitude about getting caught was, in a nutshell, that he deserves the time because he did do the crime. But, if he's able to escape, then he's entitled to do so, as it's their fault for failing to properly secure him.

#25 Posted by tupiaz (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

Villians that haven't been mention and I see as honorable is: The first Venom (Eddie Brok). If I remeber curectly he didn't try to kill Aunt May and made a deal with Peter to keep family buisness out of their fight. kingpin even though he does a lot to destroy his oppents life he do also keep his promises for instance when Daredevil ask for help to find Elektra.

#26 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

Villians that haven't been mention and I see as honorable is: The first Venom (Eddie Brok). If I remeber curectly he didn't try to kill Aunt May and made a deal with Peter to keep family buisness out of their fight. kingpin even though he does a lot to destroy his oppents life he do also keep his promises for instance when Daredevil ask for help to find Elektra.

I think in the case of Kingpin, you can chock that up to professionalism. He is a businessman, after all. Of course, good business practice could be seen as a form of honor.

#27 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino.

#28 Posted by tupiaz (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Matezoide2. Why?

#29 Posted by The Stegman (25531 posts) - - Show Bio

Poison Ivy 
The Secret Six  
The Rogues 

#30 Posted by tupiaz (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to disagree with Poison Ivy. She use her powers to do things against your will nothing honorable about that.

#31 Posted by JediXMan (31251 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke (kind of)

The Rogues (all of them have a "no women and children" deal - or at the very least, no children)

Magneto

Bane (at least in recent years, pre-FP)

Boba Fett (though I don't consider him a villain)

#32 Posted by JediXMan (31251 posts) - - Show Bio

@serpent222 said:

@BlackWind said:

Cold is the first person to jump in my mind. I'm hesitant to say the Rogues as a whole, because it seems many have little issue with straying from a code, and Cold keeps them in line.

Same. Cold is definitely the more honorable of them, but I'd say the other Rogues are better than most.

@The Stegman said:

Poison Ivy The Secret Six The Rogues

Are the Six really villains? I'm speaking of pre-52, here.

Also, I'd like to toss in Deadshot. He seems to be decent... sometimes.

#33 Edited by The Stegman (25531 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:  

@The Stegman said:

Well, many in the DCU considered them villains, and many, such as Bane, Catman, Deadshot, have definitely been villains in the past.
#34 Posted by JediXMan (31251 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@JediXMan:

@The Stegman said:

Well, many in the DCU considered them villains, and many, such as Bane, Catman, Deadshot, have definitely been villains in the past.

Fair point.

#35 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ Joker,Black Mask and Darkseid being honorable.

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sharkbite said:

Red Hood

He is fully aware of the secret identities of virtually every member of the Bat-Family, and yet he makes no efforts to harm any of them, even as they try to foil his schemes.

He kills frequently, but only kills "bad guys". Never is seen harming children. Never murders people without some sort of criminal background.

When caught and thrown in Arkham, Red Hood freely confesses to his murders to the authorities. While blatantly unrepentant for his actions, because he believes they benefitted Gotham, he refuses to even lie in order to defend himself. His attitude about getting caught was, in a nutshell, that he deserves the time because he did do the crime. But, if he's able to escape, then he's entitled to do so, as it's their fault for failing to properly secure him.

except for when he: he broke into Titan's Tower to attack Tim to prove to himself that he was a better Robin, went on that whole campaign against Dick and Damian, tried to kill Damian, Dick, & Tim during Battle For The Cowl so on and so forth.

#37 Posted by Inverno (13330 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice trolling in the OP.

#38 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops

#39 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Cyclops

Only makes sense given he's taken Magneto's place(who is on several peoples lists).