• 80 results
Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Penderor

I expected that story will be meh, but this was even worse. I mean, there was zero character progress, Smaug is even more stupid, that Galadriel who looks like brighter Samara,Wushu Saruman, few CGI Total War moments, Elf riding on the elk and Dwarf on a war pig (lol, someone could consider that racist), rune stone trading, and super illogical fighting reversed (In the LotR, the bad guys were slaughtering the good guys, in Hobbit, the good guys slaughters the bad guys, there is no balance).

Honestly, this was the worst of the all six movies from Middle-Earth from Jackson and I am willing to say that even this animated LotR and Hobbit were better.

Any opinions?

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better than MoS,worse than Avengers.Overral it's a solid movie.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. This movie is as deep as MOS. Just with more facial expressions.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@marvete_e_dcnauta: What was solid on it exactly? You must have really low standards.

Au contraire:I am very critic with the movies i watch.But TH:BotFA had everything i love in a movie:action,monologues,the hero being corrupted but later coming back to his sense,some drama and the main cast dying(yeah i like this very much).

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I dislike Peter Jackson's fanfiction.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a bad movie, from Tauriel to the actual battle, everything was bad.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

The movie was pretty much a massive battle, if you like action then it was good but otherwise not so much.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was missing the fifth army which is the Wargs. Kinda dissapointing given the comedy potential in having a few Wargs scene like one were the leader is on top a mountain roaring whilst lifting one of his front paws.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta: i hope you don't judge all your movies like that... Boyhood Better than Captain America 2 worse than Guardians of the Galaxy.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

I haven't seen the movie. It's kind of sad that LotR and Hobbit series both ended with terrible ending movies. Also it's doubtful we'll see more movies from the universe let alone genre.

Dark Horse needs to create an EU like they did for Star Wars,

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DBVSE7

It wasn't as action packed as I thought it would be.. blame the hype, but it was a solid 7/10 overall. That's just my opinion though.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have any of you read fhe books?....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The movies shouldn't have been a trilogy, but just a two parter.

Cut back some of the boring bits in the first and the fighting in the third, stuff Smaug in between and you have a good two part epic.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I thought it was the worst out of the three, too much cgi (i love cgi btw) and honestly I preferred the cgi in the Lotr over tH, the whole movie felt like a game, they should have used at least some practical effects.

Also what was up with someone doing something epic every 5 minutes? God that bugged the crap out of me. Only way to save your two kids? Well you got to ride a wagon down a flight of steps (that lasted for ever) then jump onto the monster... And Legolas, he did nothing but actiony crap, he was better in the first trilogy.

I still liked the hobbit movies, but I doubt I'd watch all 3 over again in the future.

Oh and the only romance in the film felt so forced and unnecessary, I'm done now :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't like any of the Lord of the Rings or Hobbit movies, but I will say this: Battle of Five Armies bored me slightly more than the other movies I've seen.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man you are such a downer sometimes, the fact you even said that the animated movies are better is downright ignorant and full of hate.

I enjoyed the movie, with practically non-stop action from all the build-up with the previous 2 movies.

Not sure why people complain about "too much CGI" when all im worried about is "bad CGI" which i found was neither to be a problem here.

The only gripe i had was with Gandalf's part which I had no idea what was going on really.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would've been better without Tauriel and her love story. They also could have cut out the terrible chase sequence in Eerebor and moved Smaug's death to Desolation of Smaug thereby retaining Smaug's dignity and making both movies shorter. Have Desolation of Smaug end with Smaug's desolation and have the Battle of Five Armies begin with the start of the Battle of Five Armies. Who would ever guess?!

Also extremely disappointed that Beorn was in it for all of five seconds. They show a giant skydiving from an eagle and turning into a monster bear and then... Nothing. For the rest of the movie.

Could've also done without all the Alfred. Dude didn't even get what he deserves in the end, which was weird for all the time we spend with him.

Thorin's recovery was handled poorly. He more or less seemed to get over it on his own. And while we're on the subject... The dwarves were all in some fine plate armor before his weird dream sequence, then when he comes out of it they are all in their shirts and light chainmail again. Did... Did they REMOVE their armor during a major battle? Did they choose to go armorless into the fray rather than put their armor back on?!

I did like seeing Lady Galadriel, Elrond, and Saruman finally show what they've got, though. I'd have preferred if Lady Galadriel hadn't fainted randomly during the battle and gave off a more confident exterior when facing Sauron, but still. The scene was pretty fun for those of us who have read the Silmarillion.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ccraft said:

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@kiara_sullivan said:

Are the books good?

I think they are but The Hobbit and LoTR are made for different age groups. The Hobbit is a kids book while LoTR is for older readers.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Well, the Hobbit is children's literature. The tone of the movies where faithful to the book in that sense. I much prefer the Lord of the Rings triliogy, but the Hobbit films where solid family movies, like they should have been.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: If I would wanted action videogame game like this, I could simply take Third Age Total War mod. Faces were terribly fake, I dont even remember any blood in combat. Only epic moment when I was really enjoying it was, when those dwarves made a shield wall and elves charged behind them.

I bet you havent seen the animated hobbit. The smaug was arguably equal or even better. It is a sad, that secondary villain, was in the movie better, than Azog in whole trilogy. Also, I never understood why the orcs are using their language whole the time. It might be realistic, but it destroys their acting ability (if computer can have acting ability). Even Lurtz from movie had more interesting dialogues and he only said like two lines.

The battle was very overused. Those giant worms are not in Hobbit, and I dont even remember from any other book. They didnt even tried to fight, just made a tunnels for them? Lol.

As I said before, if you want a non-stop action, go for a game. I couldnt name tons of games, where just a video sequences are better than most of this battle.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

I haven't seen it, but I don't particularly enjoy the first two.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it, and unlike a lot of people I've met I really don't care what liberties were taken for the story.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the Silmarillion....

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but battle

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hobbit was always aimed at younger readers, and LOTR at older. The movies remained mostly faithful in this sense.

I didn't like how invincible each character seemed, and it made it hard to feel as though the protagonists were in danger most of the time (ie Legolas = Quicksilver now). But other than that, it was at the very least entertaining, and I had a good time.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it for what it was, but all three of the films would have benifted if it was just cut down to two.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OFC I have and that's why I had had enough by the second movie and decided to just 'sit out' the third one.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kfabz-23

@marvete_e_dcnauta: any movie worse than avengers is not solid. I mean avengers plot is thin as *.!*

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I missed the 'Funny little birds' song from the first one...

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: Plot is not the main appeal of Avengers,you know what i meant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I am a big fan of the LOTR Trilogy but the Hobbit films just didn't do much for me. The BOTFA was slightly better than 1 & 2 for me.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@rustyroy: Did any of the cgi bother you?

Not much, was there any particular scene you didn't like?

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@jasonhawke: If I would wanted action videogame game like this, I could simply take Third Age Total War mod. Faces were terribly fake, I dont even remember any blood in combat. Only epic moment when I was really enjoying it was, when those dwarves made a shield wall and elves charged behind them.

I bet you havent seen the animated hobbit. The smaug was arguably equal or even better. It is a sad, that secondary villain, was in the movie better, than Azog in whole trilogy. Also, I never understood why the orcs are using their language whole the time. It might be realistic, but it destroys their acting ability (if computer can have acting ability). Even Lurtz from movie had more interesting dialogues and he only said like two lines.

The battle was very overused. Those giant worms are not in Hobbit, and I dont even remember from any other book. They didnt even tried to fight, just made a tunnels for them? Lol.

As I said before, if you want a non-stop action, go for a game. I couldnt name tons of games, where just a video sequences are better than most of this battle.

No, I wanted an Action movie and went in expecting an Action movie and got exactly what i wanted which was an Action movie!

Ill take that bet, because the animated Hobbit movie was shit and the fact you keep comparing the new movie to an insignificant old one is quite... impossible, i really dont see how you can even compare the two.

In what way was the "battle very overused?" In a movie called "The Battle of the 5 Armies!?"

Just cause you cant accept movie adaptations as their own thing doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable to a majority of the audience.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kfabz-23

@marvete_e_dcnauta: MOS was better than avengers though. Stakes were higher, better villain, better action. But I'll leave it as that I don't want it to become MOS vs avengers.

And I think 5 armies was more enjoyable than both.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@penderor: Its the worse of the 3 Hobbit films IMO. Can't remember the LotR that well to be honest. it is much better than the animated films. They are painful to see. its ok gave it 7/10. Not the best but worth a watch.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@marvete_e_dcnauta: MOS was better than avengers though. Stakes were higher, better villain, better action. But I'll leave it as that I don't want it to become MOS vs avengers.

No Caption Provided

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: That guy on the pig bothered me. Also some of the horse riding scene were obviously cgi. I'm not the one who usually complains about cgi, but this film just had too much.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@marvete_e_dcnauta: loool come at me bro!

Nah,but...

@kfabz-23 said:

Everything you said is subjective,but the villain part.Tom's acting was amazing,Loki had way more charisma and much more personality than Zod.

Avengers was a 10/10 for me
Battle of the Five Armies was 8/10
MoS was a 6.5/10

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kfabz-23

@marvete_e_dcnauta: Tom acting was great I'm not going to deny that but I'm looking at Loki did I ever feel he was going to beat the avengers? Hell NO!

Was the first 20 minutes entertaining? Nah

Did I enjoy the forced arguments between the heroes? Nope

Was Hawkeye needed? No

Was the action better than MOS? Lool No way

Is it MCU best movie? Not even close

MOS 9/10

Avengers 7/10

But of course it's all opinion (:

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@marvete_e_dcnauta: Tom acting was great I'm not going to deny that but I'm looking at Loki did I ever feel he was going to beat the avengers? Hell NO!

Was the first 20 minutes entertaining? Nah

Did I enjoy the forced arguments between the heroes? Nope

Was Hawkeye needed? No

Was the action better than MOS? Lool No way

Is it MCU best movie? Not even close

MOS 9/10

Avengers 7/10

But of course it's all opinion (:

Indeed.Be happy my friend,be happy.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points