Posted by Power_struggle55 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Last year when I reached the milestone of 1000 comics owned. I realized oh my god I am obsessed. So as one of my near year's resolutions (also includes loose weight) was to cut back on comics in 2012. I recently moved into a new place that is basically like an outdoor mall with roads and homes above the stores. I live around the corner from the Barnes and Nobles (takes me no more then 5 min. to get there). They recently started selling a lot of comics (before it was just maybe 5-10 or so and most were kiddy, they now sell most of the good stuff). So instead of just buying them, putting them in a box, then forgetting about it until I need to transfer it into a new box to make room. I read the issue and put it back. Ill download free comics via the marvel comics app on my Ipad 2. Only buy when I go to a convention near me (there is a 3 day and a tri anual one) but not over spend like in the past.

When I checked to see how much I spent last year on comics. To see how much Ill save. I was shock and a little not suprised to find out I spent nearly $700 worth at comic shops, conventions, amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and other places that sell them via cash and gift cards. This isnt just a small habit to break, its a life changer.

So far Im 4 days into my new plan. Read 2 comics ("Incredible Hulk #3" and the current issue of "Avengers") and I do plan on reading 1 today. So far in 2012, Ive spent $0 on comics. I know 2012 is still in its infancy but I wont be suprised if by the end of the year (if the world is still around) I would have spent at most $100 at comic conventions and thats it.

I want you to look at how many you have. Estimate how much you spent and think about it. Are you a Comiholic?

#1 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Quick, leave now while you can! Comic Vine will only further fuel the addiction!

#2 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

In The past year or so I've purchased over 150 comic books, estimating the total cost to be around 6-700 dollars. I've been cutting back recently, but against my will, as I am currently unemployed and cannot afford them atm.

#3 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

It's only getting worse for me. I actively search out new comics to pick up rather than the opposite....

#4 Posted by ThexX (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Quick, leave now while you can! Comic Vine will only further fuel the addiction!

This

#5 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

You may not want to come here to often if that's your goal, most likely you'll see something that will pique your interest and you'll inevitably be drawn back in.

#6 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

LEAVE NOW, LEAVE AHH. CV AND ALL ITS USERS WILL DEVOUR YOUR ATTENTION

#7 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Vine is the last place to go.

#8 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

just be careful, remember t.........READ ALL YOU CAN

srry, just monitor your spending and sell comics/give them away if you really need to make some space

#9 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah this is NOT the best place to go, but when I started reading I was having the same trouble but with the memory of my CPU full :S

I calm down with the return to class.... but in vacation.... things go wild

#10 Posted by Power_struggle55 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I have made a pile of useless comics that i either got for free on comic book day or came in 10 pack of back issues (you only know 2 of the 10 inside, so 8 are a mystery) to be thrown away or given away. I have 4 boxes full. 2 regular comic boxes and 2 old ones that were lying around. I can easily do this while looking here. Barnes and noble has a lot of series that i normally read. So i dont need to buy. Here i can find out whats good and maybe the store will have it and if look for it at conventions. I just read ultimate all new spiderman #4

#11 Posted by The Stegman (25054 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Power_struggle55....

#12 Posted by Power_struggle55 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Its day 5 of my comic buyimg withdrawl. I read crisis on infinite earths #1 for free on my dc app on my ipad2. Thank god for the free comics on those apps and barnes and noble. Without them, this would be tough. If i bought comics i read at barnes and noble, i wouldmalready have spent $16.plus i read 2 free downloaded comics, so whatever they are worth as well. So its so far so good. I am goimg to put the money im saving to good use, like maybe a new tv. Maybe at the convention i go to, buy issues that dont 25 cents.